New Construction on Loop340/Hwy

2,770 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Mr Tulip
Volunteer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know what's being built on the north side of Loop 340 / Hwy 6 between IH35 and Highway 77 (Robinson Road)? Looks to be near Old Robinson Road. They sure are moving a lot of dirt over there.
Griz
I have wondered the same. Looking forward to the replies.
Eleven-League Grant
The answer -- four-plex multi-family residential.

From Mike Copeland @ the Trib:
Quote:

Wayfare Development Group is going up with more than 50 buildings holding 272 single-story apartments.

Warefare says clubhouse amenities include resort-style saltwater pool; 24/7 fitness center; pet park; bamboo studio offering yoga, pilates, group fitness and more; community gathering center; cyber cafe equipped with free Wi-Fi and coffee bar; on-site business center; BBQ and grilling area; and a resident portal for online rent payments, maintenance requests and events calendar.

Apartments feature attached one or two-car garages equipped with electric vehicle charging stations; stainless steel appliances; granite countertops; wood-look flooring; washer and dryer; walk-in closets; on-site service technician; free parking; and valet trash service.

The land prep has been pretty extensive (and expensive, no doubt).
Volunteer
Eleven-League Grant said:

The answer -- four-plex multi-family residential.

From Mike Copeland @ the Trib:
Quote:

Wayfare Development Group is going up with more than 50 buildings holding 272 single-story apartments.

Warefare says clubhouse amenities include resort-style saltwater pool; 24/7 fitness center; pet park; bamboo studio offering yoga, pilates, group fitness and more; community gathering center; cyber cafe equipped with free Wi-Fi and coffee bar; on-site business center; BBQ and grilling area; and a resident portal for online rent payments, maintenance requests and events calendar.

Apartments feature attached one or two-car garages equipped with electric vehicle charging stations; stainless steel appliances; granite countertops; wood-look flooring; washer and dryer; walk-in closets; on-site service technician; free parking; and valet trash service.

The land prep has been pretty extensive (and expensive, no doubt).

Thanks for the info. Yep, they have been moving dirt around for a few months. Was really hoping for something more interesting that another apartment complex.
Alf
I wonder if it will be Robinson or Waco ISD? I wouldn't think families would pay exorbitant rent and have their kids in WISD.
trey3216
Alf said:

I wonder if it will be Robinson or Waco ISD? I wouldn't think families would pay exorbitant rent and have their kids in WISD.
Rent in Robinson ISD isn't any better.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BaylorHistory
That's Waco ISD as everything on that side of 6 is Waco.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
MrGolfguy
Going North on 77 across Hwy 6, the first 3 streets on the left are part of Robinson ISD (Darden, Meadowbrook, and Brewster), that's why they have blue street signs.
trey3216
MrGolfguy said:

Going North on 77 across Hwy 6, the first 3 streets on the left are part of Robinson ISD (Darden, Meadowbrook, and Brewster), that's why they have blue street signs.
yep. Everything south of "new road" and east of old Robinson is Robinson.
BaylorHistory
MrGolfguy said:

Y'all sure about that? I'm a Robinson grad and always thought that was Robinson city but not school and never knew anyone that lived on those streets that went to Robinson. The TEA site thinks it's Waco ISD too.

cowboycwr
I am surprised they are apartments. I have seen the dirt being moved and thought it was prep for more shopping there since the marketplace and hospital sides are full
cowboycwr
That is Waco ISD. There are some streets over there that are Robinson city limits.

Just as there are parts of any city throughout TX that may be part of one city and in the neighboring school district.

Parts of Woodway are Waco ISD.

Parts of Waco are Midway ISD.

Etc.
Yogi
Alf said:

That is Waco ISD, btw.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Miner1973a
I agree with this. There are some strange boundaries near the edge of Waco.

I live in the Sunwest development. We are in the city of Waco, but in Midway school district. Even stranger to me, we have a McGregor mailing address.
trey3216
Miner1973a said:

I live in the Sunwest development. We are in the city of Waco, but in Midway school district. Even stranger to me, we have a McGregor mailing address.

I live just east of Ritchie Rd. I call it WoodWackitt. Waco address, turn one way and go 3 blocks and it's Woodway, turn the other way and go 3 blocks and it's Hewitt.
cowboycwr
Miner1973a said:

It isn't just Waco. It is basically any city and suburb in Texas and the country. City limits don't follow straight lines or make perfect circles. They follow whatever line each city was able to annex or needed to for things like water rights (see Houston and it's northern boundaries).

Same for district lines. They follow what each district was able to get and at times make no sense as it seems districts wanted one specific street but not the one right next to it.

But for some reason people think the school district lines follow city boundaries and both of those fall in line with USPS zip codes/mailing addresses.

Like in Waco 76712 can be Waco or Woodway.

76706 can be Waco or Robinson.

You can put either city on the item and it will make it to the address.
Liteitup
trey3216 said:

Miner1973a said:

I live just east of Ritchie Rd. I call it WoodWackitt. Waco address, turn one way and go 3 blocks and it's Woodway, turn the other way and go 3 blocks and it's Hewitt.
I live on Ritchie Road, I'm guessing the other side of Pantherway from you. City of Waco, MISD, Lorena address. Until fairly recently, Hewitt water.
BylrFan
BaylorHistory said:

MrGolfguy said:

Y'all sure about that? I'm a Robinson grad and always thought that was Robinson city but not school and never knew anyone that lived on those streets that went to Robinson. The TEA site thinks it's Waco ISD too.

You can see blue street signs off google Steetview for those streets. Easy way to know what "city" you're in as Robinson does Blue and Waco is Green.

Seems confusing though cause I heard mixed messages from realtors.
BaylorHistory
BylrFan said:

BaylorHistory said:

MrGolfguy said:

You can see blue street signs off google Steetview for those streets. Easy way to know what "city" you're in as Robinson does Blue and Waco is Green.

Seems confusing though cause I heard mixed messages from realtors.

Right Robinson city but Waco ISD on that side of the loop
Grimm
BaylorHistory said:

Ooof worst of all worlds...
SteamedHams
Miner1973a said:

Stone Creek Ranch here just down the street from ya, same situation. City of Waco, Midway ISD (although South Bosque Elem and not Chapel Park), and McGregor mailing.
BaylorHistory
Grimm said:

BaylorHistory said:

Ooof worst of all worlds...
Marlin3030
Liteitup said:

trey3216 said:

Miner1973a said:

I live on Ritchie Road, I'm guessing the other side of Pantherway from you. City of Waco, MISD, Lorena address. Until fairly recently, Hewitt water.

We are similar. Mcgregor address, Waco utilities and Midway ISD.
Mr Tulip
The site is 500 yards away from University High School. I drive down that cruddy excuse for a road every time I go get my kid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.