Loop 340 is now open!

1,780 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Grumpy
Coke Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South Loop 340 is now fully opened!

Yesterday, Eastbound traffic lanes were opened. Today we got full access to the Westbound lanes.
Volunteer
Coke Bear said:

South Loop 340 is now fully opened!

Yesterday, Eastbound traffic lanes were opened. Today we got full access to the Westbound lanes.
Finally! Hopefully this will help the congestion at Hwy 84 to Eastbound 340.
SteamedHams
Took me a second on my drive home yesterday (westbound 6 to 84) to realize where the off-ramp was and how long the runway is to the actual intersection.

I did appreciate how quickly you get onto Hwy 6 going towards 35, hopefully that alleviates those occasional mile long backups at the Valero.
MrGolfguy
The mix of brand new pavement & bold painted lanes right next to the old crappy pavement & invisible lane lines is interesting.

Old --> New --> Old --> New --> Old
ursamajor
Agree the exit interchange for 84 is confusing. But nice to have the new road.

But what are y'all talking about eastbound and westbound and Loop 340?! HWY 6 northbound from 35 to 84, HWY 6 southbound from 84 to 35!
SteamedHams
ursamajor said:

But what are y'all talking about eastbound and westbound and Loop 340?! HWY 6 northbound from 35 to 84, HWY 6 southbound from 84 to 35!
I refuse to participate in Waco's Kafka-esque directional nomenclature. When the neighborhood on the northwest side of the north/south interstate is called "East" Waco, you know you're dealing with insanity.

That stretch of HWY 6 runs East/West, dangit.

baylrballa
SteamedHams said:

ursamajor said:

I refuse to participate in Waco's Kafka-esque directional nomenclature. When the neighborhood on the northwest side of the north/south interstate is called "East" Waco, you know you're dealing with insanity.

River called dibs.
ursamajor
baylrballa said:

SteamedHams said:

ursamajor said:

River called dibs.
Exactly. When I am looking for direction I look to Los Brazos de Dios.
Volunteer
Confusing because Hwy 6 is called east and west. And Hwy 84 is also called east and west.
Nguyen One Soon
Volunteer said:

Confusing because Hwy 6 is called east and west. And Hwy 84 is also called east and west.
That's because Valley Mills is north and south, which it isn't.
BylrFan
Nguyen One Soon said:

Volunteer said:

then you have "North Waco to the west and "East Waco" to the North. vice versa
Volunteer
Nguyen One Soon said:

Volunteer said:

So very true.
Yogi
Appears to me that this was phase 1 of an expansion of the freeway to six lanes between the twin bridges and IH-35.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
BylrFan said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Volunteer said:

then you have "North Waco to the west and "East Waco" to the North. vice versa

Everything in Waco is based on the orientation of the Brazos River.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BellCountyBear
SteamedHams said:

ursamajor said:

Aggie engineers likely involved in a lot of this, so that explains a lot of the stupidity.
Grumpy
And at Baylor we have North Russell and South Russell which are really closer to East Russell and West Russell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.