Eclipse Party at Baylor

7,496 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by 4th and Inches
BCL79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any one know anything about the "watch" party at McLane ? I see the VIP tickets ae all gone. My wife and I are thinking of driving over from College Station. My mom, who lives in Waco, says she'll just "watch" from her back yard.
trey3216
BCL79 said:

Any one know anything about the "watch" party at McLane ? I see the VIP tickets ae all gone. My wife and I are thinking of driving over from College Station. My mom, who lives in Waco, says she'll just "watch" from her back yard.
I'm not sure I want to drive around in Waco that day, and I live here, let alone drive in from out of town to Waco. It's gonna be a complete s-show around here.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
sipembeers
Yup.

Waco decided to bring Dwight Yoakum downtown the night before for a free concert. Downtown is going to be an absolute cluster eff for three-four days
4th and Inches
trey3216 said:

BCL79 said:

I'm not sure I want to drive around in Waco that day, and I live here, let alone drive in from out of town to Waco. It's gonna be a complete s-show around here.
expecting about 2 million to be in waco area for it.. lots of schools have cancelled class
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
trey3216
4th and Inches said:

trey3216 said:

BCL79 said:

expecting about 2 million to be in waco area for it.. lots of schools have cancelled class
As far as I know, they all have cancelled class
trey3216
sipembeers said:

Yup.

Waco decided to bring Dwight Yoakum downtown the night before for a free concert. Downtown is going to be an absolute cluster eff for three-four days
Perfect weekend to buy a brisket, a few racks of ribs, an extra case of beer and bottle of vodka, and not do a damn thing.
Liteitup
Why? There's a better than average chance the weather won't cooperate. Thousands of $$ for a few minutes that might not be visible? I don't get it.
southtexasbear
Baylor's Dia Del Oso is typically on a Tuesday. They moved it up a day to Monday, April 8 to coincide.
Bear Doc
Liteitup said:

Why? There's a better than average chance the weather won't cooperate. Thousands of $$ for a few minutes that might not be visible? I don't get it.
Username checks out.
hodedofome
4th and Inches said:

trey3216 said:

BCL79 said:

Where are you seeing 2 million?
Big12Bear
I'm not sure about 2 million, but it's a big, big deal. The Ticket was saying some VRBO's East of Dallas were going for $900/night.

I'm sure the Paul J Meyer Observatory outside of Valley Mills/Clifton will have something going on and that's very near the bulls-eye path.
Franko
Big12Bear said:

I'm not sure about 2 million, but it's a big, big deal. The Ticket was saying some VRBO's East of Dallas were going for $900/night.

I'm sure the Paul J Meyer Observatory outside of Valley Mills/Clifton will have something going on and that's very near the bulls-eye path.

I have an Airbnb in Waco. We normally only book 3 months out. But we opened it up for April 8 back in October with a crazy ask of $800 a night. It booked immediately at that rate by some people from Oregon. I'm kicking myself for not asking for more.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
hodedofome
I got about 17,000 solar eclipse glasses left if anyone needs a few.
cowboycwr
4th and Inches said:

trey3216 said:

BCL79 said:

I have not seen a number that high! I have seen about 100,000 or more expected in just Waco, with another 100,000 expected in Temple/Belton and tens of thousands in the smaller cities of McLennan, Bell and other central Texas counties.... but that still doesn't even sniff 1 mil let alone 2 million
Bear Doc
cowboycwr said:

4th and Inches said:

trey3216 said:

BCL79 said:

I have not seen a number that high! I have seen about 100,000 or more expected in just Waco, with another 100,000 expected in Temple/Belton and tens of thousands in the smaller cities of McLennan, Bell and other central Texas counties.... but that still doesn't even sniff 1 mil let alone 2 million
This is the same amount of people expected as the numbers of ventilators they thought we would need for COVID....

4th and Inches
cowboycwr said:

4th and Inches said:

trey3216 said:

BCL79 said:

there was an eclipse panel put by Baylor and Region 12 on January 13th of this year. The panelist mentioned they were planning for a number this large. The DPS are using the Hillsboro outlet mall as a command center specifically for the eclipse event.

She may have meant Texas wide..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
trey3216
For all you music junkies, especially in Waco for the eclipse event coming up....

If you start Dark Side of the Moon (all the way through of course) at precisely 12:59:24 on April 8th, 'Eclipse' will play during the peak of totality and end precisely at the very last second of totality.
You're welcome
whitetrash
trey3216 said:

For all you music junkies, especially in Waco for the eclipse event coming up....

If you start Dark Side of the Moon (all the way through of course) at precisely 12:59:24 on April 8th, 'Eclipse' will play during the peak of totality and end precisely at the very last second of totality.
You're welcome
There is no dark side of the moon. It's all dark. Really.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Except for the half reflecting the sun.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Yogi
Sucks for me. I have a trial during the eclipse. We tried to get the thing continued, but I guess the court's docket is much more important than a rare astronomical event.
Yogi
For you complacent judges out there: just remember that if you piss off the bar, you piss away your career. Just saying.
4th and Inches
Yogi said:

Sucks for me. I have a trial during the eclipse. We tried to get the thing continued, but I guess the court's docket is much more important than a rare astronomical event.
they could just lunch recess or adjorn early..

Traffic flow on the 8th is gonna be crazy.

They cancelled most schools in the area when the police called and said it would be impossible to respond to an emergency.

–Horace

OverseasBear
I have 2 VIP tickets to Eclipse Over Texas at McLane Stadium on April 8 I can't use. Asking face value of $75 per ticket. Send private message if interested.

Tickets are gone.
bankerbear
I've got 5 VIP tickets and a parking pass for the event at McLane. Will sell for $150. PM me.
PartyBear
Well the best spot in the country to see it and with some reported 300k coming in to see it, the forecast as of now is overcast that day in Waco. Unbelievable or perhaps unbelievably believable. If that holds it is so f'ed up it is almost enough to make you laugh. Its like a line from the Alannis Morissette song. It's like living in a dark comedy. Excuse the pun.
Big12Bear
Springtime in Texas. Of course it's going to be iffy.

For the Oregon family who paid $800/night earlier in this thread - Make the most of it that you can. I'm sure that's the angle now.
Forest Bueller
trey3216 said:

sipembeers said:

Yup.

Perfect weekend to buy a brisket, a few racks of ribs, an extra case of beer and bottle of vodka, and not do a damn thing.

Amen!
hodedofome
The eclipse causes all sorts of issues with nature, including the weather. It can be overcast and as soon as totality hits, the clouds break up giving you a full view.
PartyBear
I'm not sure about that one. Totality only lasts a minute or two at the most. Night fall doesn't usually constitute the cause in fact for over cast skies to go away and over cast skies don't disappear in a matter of seconds or a minute regardless of whether the sun has set or it's high noon.
Big12Bear
Lund Vernquist
<ManYellsAtClouds.gif>
cowboycwr
I wonder how many "karens" will complain about the weather and the lack of planning by the event organizers in accounting for the weather?

Or just asking for refunds?
beardoc
Is there a weather make up day?
BUbearinARK
I think I saw the eclipse but it was fast.

PartyBear
beardoc said:

Is there a weather make up day?

I would guess probably but also probably at a minimum of around 1000 years from now for Waco specifically.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.