AC, Even, and Herringbone Hotels opening in April

2,540 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by BUbearinARK
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Three new hotels open next week.

The AC is the large Marriott property next to Magnolia and Hecho.

The Herringbone is the 21 room property made up of shipping containers and an historical building. It also has 3 restaurants opening, a mediterranean place, a music and wine bar, and a rooftop bar that serves meals.

The Even Hotel on Bridge Street on the East side - An IHG brand (Intercontinental, Indigo, Holiday Inn). The Even brand is nicer than a Holiday Inn but below the level of Indigo.

https://wacotrib.com/eedition/page-a1/page_36885a94-1635-507f-88d1-a3fbfaaaba20.html
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Ate at Red Herring the restaurant at Herringbone tonight. Beautiful! Stunning! My favorite restaurant interior in Waco hands down. Mediterranean small plates served family style. Everything we had was great (crudits, duck confit, lamb skewers…. each had a drink from bar both were well made, and bonus, lemon strawberry tiramisu ). The hotel plaza area is still under construction but looks beautiful as well.
STxBear81
Sounds real good
Boernebear
Hitting up Red Herring the evening of the spring game - have heard great things and can't wait to check it out. The rooftop, Lucky Bucks, looks cool too.
Twitter: @BoerneBear | #SicEm
Yogi
I had a great meal at the Red Herring this past weekend.

The place is beautiful, and they are adding an oyster Bar.

Got to get the potatoes. They are fantastic.

Biscuits_and_Gravy
Yogi said:

I'm going to get them tomorrow based on your recommendation. We'll see

southtexasbear
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

Yogi said:

weirdly the potatoes ARE fantastic!
Had the duck, beef tartar, shrimp risotto, and the bread. Gotta also order the bread.

Going back Saturday. Was there opening night.

southtexasbear
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

Yogi said:

Had the duck, beef tartar, shrimp risotto, and the bread. Gotta also order the bread.

Biscuits_and_Gravy
southtexasbear said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

Yogi said:

How was the tartar? I almost got it but went with the lamb.
Yogi

Yogi

Biscuits_and_Gravy
Squid ink bucatini is my new menu favorite! Also shared at table potatoes, lamb, tartare, chicken, risotto & greens. Risotto is only thing so far I wouldn't order again.

Went up to Lucky Bucks pre and post meal and love that spot.

Only negative was drinks (in restaurant) were really slow. The place was packed and they were overwhelmed. Of the 4 of us 2 got drinks about half way through food service, one more drink came shortly after they realized some were missing but last drink was brought with dessert order. Will be waiting to order any food till after drinks arrive in future.

Oh, saw Jalen Bridges there too!
southtexasbear
Tartar was AMAZING

Also got the squid bucatini.
Funky Town Bear
The distance between The Herringbone and Foster Pavillion should make it an excellent game day spot. Appreciate the reviews.
Yogi
Funky Town Bear said:

The distance between The Herringbone and Foster Pavillion should make it an excellent game day spot. Appreciate the reviews.

Agreed. My favorite reviews come from my fellow Baylor fans. We share the same kind of tastes, and I know they generally originate from friends with no stake in the restaurant. (Tried to get a pun intended there.)
BUbearinARK
Yogi said:

Funky Town Bear said:

Agreed. My favorite reviews come from my fellow Baylor fans. We share the same kind of tastes, and I know they generally originate from friends with no stake in the restaurant. (Tried to get a pun intended there.)

Yes.

As opposed to friends who DID have a steak.
southtexasbear
Rooftop bar was open today at Herringbone. VERY NICE. Good crowd.
bearassnekkid
Boernebear said:

Hitting up Red Herring the evening of the spring game - have heard great things and can't wait to check it out. The rooftop, Lucky Bucks, looks cool too.
You'll love it. Just so you're aware, the rooftop bar is gonna be closed till 8pm for a private event the night before Spring Game (because I'm reserving it).
southtexasbear
bearassnekkid said:

Boernebear said:

You'll love it. Just so you're aware, the rooftop bar is gonna be closed till 8pm for a private event the night before Spring Game (because I'm reserving it).

You can dm me my invite
Boernebear
bearassnekkid said:

Boernebear said:

Thanks for the heads up! Might head up there after your event to check it out after dinner.
Twitter: @BoerneBear | #SicEm
BearVerdad
southtexasbear said:

Rooftop bar was open today at Herringbone. VERY NICE. Good crowd.

I think I've found my post-game spot. Wow, that's nice.
southtexasbear
The courtyard is really coming together too. Stage for live music. I hear they're trying to have live music 300 days a year. Really trying to ramp things up downtown.
SoonerFrogs
the Herringbone bar is pretty cool but will soon be overrun with idiots. Enjoy while you can.
Edmond Bear
SoonerFrogs said:

the Herringbone bar is pretty cool but will soon be overrun with idiots. Enjoy while you can.

Stop. It's not in Norman.
SoonerFrogs
Edmond Bear said:

SoonerFrogs said:

I assume you dont know how these kinda places turn out in Waco. It happens to all of them.
BaylorHistory
SoonerFrogs said:

Edmond Bear said:

SoonerFrogs said:

I assume you dont know how these kinda places turn out in Waco. It happens to all of them.
I honestly don't because it could be any of tourists, BU kids, or locals that you're referring to and all of them have their + and -.
BUbearinARK
BaylorHistory said:

SoonerFrogs said:

Edmond Bear said:

SoonerFrogs said:

I honestly don't because it could be any of tourists, BU kids, or locals that you're referring to and all of them have their + and -.
as long as they have their $$
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.