Chinese buffet coming to Waco

3,587 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by Moondoggie
Mike E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At the old Fuddruckers location
Edmond Bear
Mike E said:

At the old Fuddruckers location

Who doesn't need another Ocean Taste?

MrGolfguy
Competition for Ocean Buffet in Westview Village?
VaeBear
Down here in Sugar Land there is a Juicy Seafood Chinese Buffet. If that doesn't make your mouth water I don't know what will.
Edmond Bear
VaeBear said:

Down here in Sugar Land there is a Juicy Seafood Chinese Buffet. If that doesn't make your mouth water I don't know what will.

Hopefully Juicy is better than Pho King and Send Noodz.

4th and Inches
Is the korean bbq place on valley mills open yet?
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
CammoTX
&ct=g
jbbear
I thought the only silver lining to COVID was getting rid of buffets.
PartyBear
Is this the prequel thread to the Waco area Gastroenterologist recommendation thread?
Funky Town Bear
Edmond Bear said:

VaeBear said:

Hopefully Juicy is better than Pho King and Send Noodz.

SteamedHams
I miss the days when Cathay House was good and didn't have radioactive waste dripping from their ceilings onto the food
73s de N4WJP
Personally, I'd like a return of a Leslie's Chicken Shack
Harrison Bergeron
PartyBear said:

Is this the prequel thread to the Waco area Gastroenterologist recommendation thread?
LOL. You won baylorfans today.
BaylorHistory
SteamedHams said:

I miss the days when Cathay House was good and didn't have radioactive waste dripping from their ceilings onto the food
It's amazing how a metro pop of 300,000 people has 0 good Chinese restaurants. My kingdom for something like China Family in Austin or Mala Sichuan in Houston.
Lund Vernquist
Harrison Bergeron said:

PartyBear said:

LOL. You won baylorfans today.
Is winning Baylorfans ... a compliment?
Yogi
Fahruckahs!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
RealEstateBear
Who eats this bs??
SteamedHams
BaylorHistory said:

SteamedHams said:

It's amazing how a metro pop of 300,000 people has 0 good Chinese restaurants. My kingdom for something like China Family in Austin or Mala Sichuan in Houston.

Not that this is Chinese, but Taste of Laos towards Lorena (it's uh, in a gas station) is absolutely superb. Assuming you enjoy Laotian food. But man oh man, it is LEGIT.
PartyBear
SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

SteamedHams said:

Not that this is Chinese, but Taste of Laos towards Lorena (it's uh, in a gas station) is absolutely superb. Assuming you enjoy Laotian food. But man oh man, it is LEGIT.

This sounds interesting.
SteamedHams
PartyBear said:

SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

SteamedHams said:

This sounds interesting.

Portions are massive, and if you get 5/5 hot it will remove your soul from your body. It is a gem.

A Taste Of Laos
(254) 262-9508

https://g.co/kgs/AakKxKF
RightRevBear
SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

SteamedHams said:

I don't live far away, but I have been hesitant to try it due to it being in an old, still operating non-branded fashion station.
SteamedHams
RightRevBear said:

SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

SteamedHams said:

I don't live far away, but I have been hesitant to try it due to it being in an old, still operating non-branded fashion station.

Sketch though it may seem, it has my full ringing endorsement. Trust me, it is deeply excellent
Yogi
Funny that it is almost right across the street from a vacant chinese buffet.
BaylorHistory
SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

SteamedHams said:

Assuming you enjoy Laotian food.

ARbear13
SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

SteamedHams said:

A Taste of Laos is the best fast Asian food in Waco by a huge margin. They are moving to a location on Hewitt drive, which will do wonders for their business.
cowboycwr
Years ago there used to be a Chinese buffet in that same chopping center was. It was a really good place for a while but then went the way of Cathay house and went downhill fast and out of business. It is sad that the "best" Chinese options in town are chopsticks, and chains like panda and PF Chang's.

And I put best in quotes to emphasize that they are simply the best because there aren't really any other options.
Localbear
I used to love Magic China that was near campus.
Yogi
cowboycwr said:

Years ago there used to be a Chinese buffet in that same chopping center was. It was a really good place for a while but then went the way of Cathay house and went downhill fast and out of business. It is sad that the "best" Chinese options in town are chopsticks, and chains like panda and PF Chang's.

And I put best in quotes to emphasize that they are simply the best because there aren't really any other options.
The story of Cathay House's demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Well, to the extent that they went out of business. They are actually open for dinner this evening.
SteamedHams
Yogi said:

cowboycwr said:

The story of Cathay House's demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Well, to the extent that they went out of business. They are actually open for dinner this evening.

The story of the decline of their edibility, however, is the Truth with a capital T. Might as well just eat something from Fuzzy Friends.
Moondoggie
I'm eager to try Laotian food for the first timetime. Appreciate the suggestion. Baylor teaching, writing and drumming legend Robert "Bob" Darden once told me that" life was too short to eat at chain restaurants."

Profound statement that has struck with me for 20 years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.