New Common Grounds Franklin Location

1,553 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Yogi
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is great if you live in Castle Heights or have a downtown office.

It's located in the old Whataburger near La Fiesta.

Cool Place.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi

hodedofome
I drive by it every day but have yet to stop in. Looks great, and I see plenty of Baylor students at it when school is in session.
T-REX
hodedofome said:

I drive by it every day but have yet to stop in. Looks great, and I see plenty of Baylor students at it when school is in session.
there is a common grounds on the edge of campus. Don't see students traveling to Franklin honestly
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Robert Wilson
Cool they saved that old school whataburger building

Remember eating there about 100 years ago
Yogi
Agreed. I ate at those old A-frames too back in the day. I actually advised them to go with green and gold stripes.

By the way, there are still vestiges of the old orange and white stripes on the back fence:

Bear_Fan254
T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

there is a common grounds on the edge of campus. Don't see students traveling to Franklin honestly

Students for sure will fill that place up. They are always looking for new coffee shops to study at. The one in Woodway is always full of students and For Keeps down Bosque always has lots of students as well during fall and spring.
hodedofome
Bear_Fan254 said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

Students for sure will fill that place up. They are always looking for new coffee shops to study at. The one in Woodway is always full of students and For Keeps down Bosque always has lots of students as well during fall and spring.

There are not enough coffee shops to handle all the Baylor students wanting to study all day. Every single one in Waco and Woodway has students there regularly. Pinewood overflows with 20 year olds, you can't find a seat and they have a lot of them.
trey3216
hodedofome said:

Bear_Fan254 said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

There are not enough coffee shops to handle all the Baylor students wanting to study all day. Every single one in Waco and Woodway has students there regularly. Pinewood overflows with 20 year olds, you can't find a seat and they have a lot of them.
Yep. Pinewood is always packed with students, Lighthouse, all of them. It's a good thing I'm not a big coffee house frequent flier.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Yogi
I used to study at the Denny's near campus. They always had room and kept your cup full.

Common Grounds had just opened. It was our first coffee bar in Waco. No Starbucks back then. Used to take dates over to Common Grounds.

In the beginning years, they had musicians and swing nights.

Yeah, that's back when I could lift a lady over my head...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.