Black Bear Diner

2,053 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ABC BEAR
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We ate at the new Waco location last night. Pretty good for a chain diner! Definitely a notch above IHOP or Denny's. Service was friendly and the food was freshly cooked after ordering. Prices were good too. The only negative was they only offer Pepsi products for cola! Boo!
4th and Inches
Friend told me that the biscuits are very good. He has eaten there several times
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
BaylorHistory
We like to eat at them after hiking the Front Range. The amount and style of food sounds unappealing when it's 100 degrees outside, but it seems really popular when we drive by.
baylrballa
Perfect restaurant for Waco. Take that how you may.
ABC BEAR
I thought the campus Denny's and IHOP were the perfect restaurants for Waco, especially when I needed to load up on pancakes at 2:00 AM. Both gone but not forgotten.
geewago
They got biscuits biggern a baseball glove
RightRevBear
I went to a Black Bear Dinner twice when a was in Houston for a wedding. It was really close to the hotel we were using. We loved it both times. I have been to the one in Waco twice with my wife and once with my son. I have been disappointed based on my great experiences in Houston. The service has not been good. One time I noticed that my waiter was taking an order for a table on the other side of the restaurant and continued to provide them service throughout our time there. The food wasn't as good two of the times also. I hope this is just growing pains of a new staff. For now, I will be going to Cafe Cappuccino, or Meg's in Temple, to get breakfast food.
bularry
ABC BEAR said:

I thought the campus Denny's and IHOP were the perfect restaurants for Waco, especially when I needed to load up on pancakes at 2:00 AM. Both gone but not forgotten.
heck yeah!!
OsoCoreyell
Tanglewood Farms!!
Greenboy232
ABC BEAR said:

It seems like if somebody would franchise a 24 hour Waffle House at the old Denny's site it would be a gold mine right next to Campus and on I-35 to boot. I've always wondered why another restaurant like that hasn't opened there.
RightRevBear
Greenboy232 said:

ABC BEAR said:

It seems like if somebody would franchise a 24 hour Waffle House at the old Denny's site it would be a gold mine right next to Campus and on I-35 to boot. I've always wondered why another restaurant like that hasn't opened there.

As a Waffle House aficionado, I have been praying for this for decades. The word on the street is that Waffle House is trying to basically go all corporate stores over franchises. Waffle House, Inc. has been buying up franchises, and they have only been giving franchises to only a few select current franchisees.

Now, I am hungry for hashbrowns.
ABC BEAR
Greenboy232 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Waffle House? Are you Gus Malzahn? It's after 2:00 and I'm headed to Village Inn for pancakes.....some things never change.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.