Black Pot Cajun/Creole Restaurant in Lacy Lakeview

864 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by UrsinusInfction
Jackson Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wanted to put a plug in for this new restaurant on New Dallas Highway in Lacy Lakeview near Connally High School. The food is legit and it is a true mom and pop family that is from the Beaumont area (Louisiana cooking credentials). Hope people driving by close on the interstate and others in the area will give it a try.

It is owned by the original owners of Fridays further down on Dallas Highway.

https://www.kxxv.com/news/local-news/in-your-neighborhood/mclennan-county/family-business-in-lacy-lakeview-opens-new-restaurant-beginning-a-new-chapter
WacoKelly83
Thanks for the info
PartyBear
Sounds good but a strange location. Most of the county's population is on the other side of the county from there.
Yogi
For those who don't know, this is in the Friday's family and is legit.

This isn't pretend cajun.

I really liked Friday's, so I am looking forward to trying Black Pot.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Lawbear
Haven't been to the new place and was afraid it wasn't open any more the last time I drove by. I will definitely go the next chance I get.

The food was outstanding at Friday's - despite the outward appearance of the restaurant. Their gumbo reminds me of my Dad's gumbo so I am a huge fan. They typically run out of gumbo on Fridays long before we can get into town so the only way to get some is to call the day before and reserve some. (I assume they follow the same process as the new place). Everything they serve is legit.

The family that owns the restaurant is great. Always very friendly and appreciative of their customers.
jsb223
every time I drive by it's closed

???

Yogi
Lawbear said:

Haven't been to the new place and was afraid it wasn't open any more the last time I drove by. I will definitely go the next chance I get.

The food was outstanding at Friday's - despite the outward appearance of the restaurant. Their gumbo reminds me of my Dad's gumbo so I am a huge fan. They typically run out of gumbo on Fridays long before we can get into town so the only way to get some is to call the day before and reserve some. (I assume they follow the same process as the new place). Everything they serve is legit.

The family that owns the restaurant is great. Always very friendly and appreciative of their customers.
And the best frog legs in Waco.

Friday's wasn't much too look at, but they had very good food, selection, and service.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Jackson Bear
jsb223 said:

every time I drive by it's closed

???

The dining room closes early but they have to go orders into the evening.
UrsinusInfction
100% Co-sign of Fridays. Hidden gem/diamond in the rough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.