Hotel Recommendations

2,488 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PTGHUNTER
Iron Claw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will be in Waco next weekend and looking for the best hotel option. Will be doing some things on campus but it's not necessary that it be adjacent, although it would be nice.

Thanks for the help…
jason_cook
Try the new Pivovar hotel adjacent to Magnolia on 8th. We ate at the restaurant the other night. Great urban feel and impressive menu for Waco.
forza orsi
jason_cook said:

Try the new Pivovar hotel adjacent to Magnolia on 8th. We ate at the restaurant the other night. Great urban feel and impressive menu for Waco.

I toured the hotel a couple of months back when it wasn't open, but was already furnished. Far and away nicer than anything else in town. Every room is unique.
CTbruin
I am a life time resident of Waco. We are very fortunate to have so many new hotels in town. And most are what I would consider "upper end" properties. Maybe not five star, but very nice. There are several hotels around the Central Texas Marketplace that are very nice.

Closer to downtown, I would recommend Hotel Indigo. Has an excellent rep. And very nice place to dine.
PTGHUNTER

Just look for the Grant Hotel. We were told you should be able to find it "rising from the banks of the Brazos..."

I have not found it yet but maybe it is like Brigadoon and we can only see it once every 100 years.

Iron Claw
Going with Indigo. Looked up and didn't see Grant, only saw Alico. Pivovar was too pricey but interesting.

Thanks for the input.
forza orsi
Iron Claw said:

Going with Indigo. Looked up and didn't see Grant, only saw Alico. Pivovar was too pricey but interesting.

Thanks for the input.

Try again sometime. I just looked and there must be something going on this weekend at those prices. For example, if you want to book one for tonight, there are $150 rooms. Looks like they must have some sort of dynamic pricing. They only have 28 rooms and I know Chip and Jo send their high end guests there, so it probably fills up quickly if they're doing something. It is a cool place though.
T-REX
forza orsi said:

Iron Claw said:

Thanks for the input.

Try again sometime. I just looked and there must be something going on this weekend at those prices. For example, if you want to book one for tonight, there are $150 rooms. Looks like they must have some sort of dynamic pricing. They only have 28 rooms and I know Chip and Jo send their high end guests there, so it probably fills up quickly if they're doing something. It is a cool place though.
silobration plus UT game = everything is pricy
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Yogi
PTGHUNTER said:

Just look for the Grant Hotel. We were told you should be able to find it "rising from the banks of the Brazos..."

I have not found it yet but maybe it is like Brigadoon and we can only see it once every 100 years.

You apparently were on the wrong yacht!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Eleven-League Grant
No love for Bellmead's Delta Inn?

CTbruin
Does every city in America have a "Bellmead"?
Bexar Pitts
Eleven-League Grant said:

No love for Bellmead's Delta Inn?

As a very young Opie once told Andy when asked to sleep on the ironing board..."That's adventure sleepin'! "
trey3216
CTbruin said:

Yep. Dallas has Seagoville/Mesquite. Houston has Pasadena. Corpus has Bellmead districts. and on and on.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
PTGHUNTER
trey3216 said:

CTbruin said:

Yep. Dallas has Seagoville/Mesquite. Houston has Pasadena. Corpus has Bellmead districts. and on and on.

I was playing golf , in Channelview, with my father-in-law shortly after moving to Pasadena when I graduated from Baylor.

He asked me "Do you know why they built the city of Channelview?"

I said no, why?

He said "It was so people of Pasadena will have someone to look down on"

One of the many things I learned from him on the golf course.

One other key lesson "They don't ask you how…they ask you how many". That was so true for him. Some of the ugliest pars I have ever seen was with him hacking his way around the course.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.