Some Creighton stats

1,538 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Fre3dombear
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Creighton Top Performers (Last 10 Games)

Name PTS REB ASST STL BLK 3PM
Ryan Kalkbrenner 17.5 4.8 1.1 0.9 1.9 0.2
Baylor Scheierman 11.3 8.3 3.9 0.8 0.3 1.7
Ryan Nembhard 12.4 5.4 4 1 0.1 1.6
Trey Alexander 13.9 4.4 2.4 1.2 0.4 2.3
Arthur Kaluma 10.5 4.9 2.3 0.5 0.4 1.2
ScottS
Scheierman is posting a team-best 8.3 rebounds per contest. And he is delivering 12.7 points and 3.3 assists, making 42.2% of his shots from the field and 35.7% from beyond the arc, with 2.3 treys per contest.

Kalkbrenner is putting up a team-best 15.9 points per game. And he is producing 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists, making 71.7% of his shots from the field (second in the country).

Trey Alexander is averaging 13.5 points, 4.1 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game, making 44.9% of his shots from the floor and 42.8% from 3-point range, with 1.8 triples per contest.

Ryan Nembhard is posting a team-high 4.9 assists per contest. And he is contributing 11.9 points and 4 rebounds, making 42.7% of his shots from the field and 36% from 3-point range, with 1.4 treys per game.

Arthur Kaluma gets the Bluejays 11.9 points, 6 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game. He also posts 0.6 steals and 0.6 blocked shots.
Crawfoso1973
Key to game is who wins Bridges vs. Baylor matchup, IMO. As always Bridges is the X factor for our season.
ScottS
I just read that Ryan Kalkbrenner is 7'1" so he probably can dunk.
Johnny Bear
Based on the one game I watched them which was Friday against NC State, we're more athletic as a team and hopefully that'll be the difference. They do have some size and length which as we know has bothered us from time to time this season. If we don't allow Kalkbrenner to dominate down low (both Flo and EJ have got to show up and not get in early foul trouble) and have at least an average shooting game , I think we take it.
Feel The Floyd
Nembhard sounded familiar, his older brother played for Gonzaga.
Crawfoso1973
Johnny Bear said:

Based on the one game I watched them which was Friday against NC State, we're more athletic as a team and hopefully that'll be the difference. They do have some size and length which as we know has bothered us from time to time this season. If we don't allow Kalkbrenner to dominate down low (both Flo and EJ have got to show up and not get in early foul trouble) and have at least an average shooting game , I think we take it.
Flo will hopefully earn back the right to come back for this year. The kind of matchup where Flo thrives. If Flo can channel natty performance or anything close to at least neutralize their big we have the advantage everywhere else.
TWD 1974
Crawfoso1973 said:

Key to game is who wins Bridges vs. Baylor matchup, IMO. As always Bridges is the X factor for our season.
Was thinking the same thing this morning. There are some very interesting matchups in this game.

This is a good Creighton team that is going to be a real challenge for us. In addition to the matchup you mentioned will be the matchup of Flo, Jonathan, Josh vs. Kalkbrenner. First look at him, he reminds me a bit of Rik Smits (if anyone remembers?), 7' plus, seems to be all arms and elbows, very effective away from the basket. He's going to get his points, just hopefully keep him at less than 11-14 from field. Starting 5 is almost all of their scoring. Hopefully we can use our depth to tire them out.
KIA
Creighton bench in game 1: 27 minutes, 2 points.
Baylor bench in game 1: 77 minutes, 23 points.

If we can tire their starters out or get them into fould trouble, that will be a huge advantage for us.

Our offense vs. their defense will be the key. Creighton is going to score on us. They are a horrible matchup for us based on the season for both sides. Can we outscore them?

George and Cryer were a combined 2-13 from behind the arc in game 1. One or both of them need a bounceback game. Love must not have felt comfortable in the goggles. 5 minutes, no shot attempts.

Baylor is 6-6 vs. teams remaining in the tourney.

I wish I felt better about the outcome. Pretty nervous about this one.
Big12Bear
I've watched quite a bit of Creighton this year, starting with Maui. They're a fun team to watch.

A handful of their losses came when their stud post was out injured. They're effectively a 4 seed disguised as a 6 seed.

Their game yesterday was an aberration. Aforementioned post had a career high while they had a terrible day from the perimeter. I expect better perimeter play from them against us, while not giving up a career day in the post. NC State was trying to front him without help, which blew up in their face and it didn't help that their Oliver Miller center got in foul trouble.

One of their forwards, Miller, went out yesterday with an injury and will not play tomorrow. He's not the most productive, but eats 10 minutes a game. With their limited bench, combined with altitude, it's noteworthy. Remember this if they get in foul trouble. Post also aggravated his prior injury late in the game. I'm sure he'll be fine though.

I had Creighton beating us and advancing to the Elite Eight, but this should be one helluva game. Who hits more treys tomorrow? Can we get some of their starters in foul trouble?
historian
Kalkbrenner had 31 points yesterday

31 points
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
LitigiOSO
KIA said:

Creighton bench in game 1: 27 minutes, 2 points.
Baylor bench in game 1: 77 minutes, 23 points.

If we can tire their starters out or get them into fould trouble, that will be a huge advantage for us.

Our offense vs. their defense will be the key. Creighton is going to score on us. They are a horrible matchup for us based on the season for both sides. Can we outscore them?

George and Cryer were a combined 2-13 from behind the arc in game 1. One or both of them need a bounceback game. Love must not have felt comfortable in the goggles. 5 minutes, no shot attempts.

Baylor is 6-6 vs. teams remaining in the tourney.

I wish I felt better about the outcome. Pretty nervous about this one.
We need to throw bodies at Kalkbrenner and wear him down. Flo, Cha Cha and Lohner - maybe even Loveday who at 7' can match him height wise. Kalkbrenner's making over 70% of his shots plus offers rim protection. Creighton goes as Kalkbrenner goes.
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
DanaDane
We can take Kalkbrenner out of the game if we control the tempo and run him, although perhaps altitude may have an impact on our ability to do that after what Cryer said yesterday. Kalkbrenner gets winded easily and is as slow as Christmas. That's basically what Xavier did to him when they blew out Creighton by 20+ in the Big East tournament. That's sometimes easier said than done because Creighton has been very good at slowing pace down and controlling tempo themselves.

Kalkbrenner also tended to get in foul trouble this year against teams who boxed out well under the basket as he is prone to reaching for rebounds. Unfortunately, boxing out/establishing position under the basket hasn't been one of strengths all season but maybe it will be tomorrow.

Have a feeling the key is gonna be Bridges ability to cover Scheierman or our guards not getting lost on switches and failing to cover Scheierman.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
So who would you bet on heads up? I got Baylor
Stefano DiMera
I've always said what makes this tournament great is the contrast in styles you see . See Farleigh Dickinson.. Purdue sees no one who plays like that in the Big 10 season..that's why they struggled.

The key to advancing in this tournament is ability to play at different tempos..up and down or half court.

I think we do that better than Creighton.
historian
Baylor can win it & I think they will
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Karab
Given how easily Creighton can take it to the rim, I don't expect this is a good matchup for Baylor
Fre3dombear
Stefano DiMera said:

I've always said what makes this tournament great is the contrast in styles you see . See Farleigh Dickinson.. Purdue sees no one who plays like that in the Big 10 season..that's why they struggled.

The key to advancing in this tournament is ability to play at different tempos..up and down or half court.

I think we do that better than Creighton.

Perfect example of why Michigan lost in football. Then georgia won in a way that will never be duplicated in the remainder of human history
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.