Assistant Coaching Changes?

1,657 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bear2be2
IvanBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any predictions for the assistants changing next year? Will Brooks get a HC job?

Conditioning clearly took a step back this year, I hope we address that. We need to switch up the philosophy on big men coaching, it didn't work with flo and Josh is not developing into the tough nosed guy he had the potential to become this year.

Mostly, I just want to see us be mentally and physically tougher next year and I think conditioning has a lot to do with that.
Mitch Henessey
Josh Ojianwuna is a project. He shouldn't have been expected to give us much this season.

Flo is who he is at this point, so I don't blame coaching for the lack of development in either of those guys' game. Josh should be much improved next season, though. He showed a nice stroke on his jumper, and was pretty decent from the charity stripe. I think he's going to be a contributor next year.
True Grit
Josh has huge upside. I think he will have a good year next season.
PaperBear89
From my eyes sheer physical strength has been on the decline since the 21 team. The joke then was that our guys lifted with the football team ... the joke now might be that they lift with the golf team.
Crawfoso1973
That 21 team was grown a$$ men who had redshirted and had time to build strength for years. This current team was a mix of transfers and freshmen, all of whom hadn't been in the program long enough to develop strength. Strength takes a couple of offseasons of time to develop. Can't blame Melton for that he is one of the best strength and conditioning guys out there.
historian
We always need to be careful comparing a current team to 2021. That was a very special group & we may never have that kind of combination again.
bear2be2
historian said:

We always need to be careful comparing a current team to 2021. That was a very special group & we may never have that kind of combination again.
I don't compare any team to that team.

But the 2021 wasn't our only good team. We've had four or five other really good teams in the Drew era. All of them were experienced squads with a good homegrown nucleus of players who had played for multiple years together.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.