Brett Yormark says the #Big12 is in early discussions with Kansas City

8,820 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by MashedPotatoes
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BluesBear
I'd like to see them start a rotation between 2-4 cities across our new footprint -
TXBEAR_bf
I would too, but the reality is KU generates over half the attendance every year, and is always in the position to play multiple games. I am not sure what attendance numbers were in Dallas when it was there, but no way it gets the draw like KC.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
EvilTroyAndAbed
This is the smartest move. They dominate attendance. They've earned it.
LIB,MR BEARS
KC is kind of like an early Saturday morning workout, you hate it but it's good for you.
ABC BEAR
KC and the XII have done well by each other.....besides, I like taunting Missou fans for a week.
GoodOleBaylorLine
BluesBear said:

I'd like to see them start a rotation between 2-4 cities across our new footprint -
Agree. Dallas, Denver, Houston, Orlando, Phoeniz, SLC all now in our footprint and great cities to visit (well, Houston not so much but it is easy to get to).

KU fans can get a plane like the rest of us,

BearFan33
GoodOleBaylorLine said:

BluesBear said:

Agree. Dallas, Denver, Houston, Orlando, Phoeniz, SLC all now in our footprint and great cities to visit (well, Houston not so much but it is easy to get to).

KU fans can get a plane like the rest of us,

The money coming from KC must be compelling.

With that said, I agree with you.
Chamberman
Phoenix in early March...60-70's sounds great.
Jailynhacobi
I would as well, but the truth is that KU consistently generates over half of the attendance every year and often finds itself in a position to play multiple games. At Baji 999 App https://bj999bet.com/app/, we understand the value of prompt and reliable customer support, and we strive to ensure that our users receive the assistance they deserve at any time, enhancing their overall satisfaction with our platform. I'm not certain about the attendance figures in Dallas when the event was hosted there, but there's no doubt that it wouldn't draw the same level of interest as it does in Kansas City.
GoodOleBaylorLine
Could we please stop noting that half the fans at the tourney are KU fans.

Lawrence is effectively a suburb of KC. It is a home game for them.

It would be an embarrassment if half weren't from the local school.
Adriacus Peratuun
"Negotiating an extension with KC" might also be a "stop hinting at interest, show up with buckets of $" message to other cities/sites. Because being closed out of the process for almost a decade will get their attention.
Most specifically, think it is likely a message to Vegas.
GoodOleBaylorLine
B12 tourney in LV would be amazing.
BluesBear
I would pre-pay NOW for that event @ Vegas.....
MashedPotatoes
San Antonio would be great to add to the nonexistent rotation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.