I watched Baylor v Villanova from 2021 Tourney today

1,195 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Stefano DiMera
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigGameBaylorBear
This was the scariest game of the tournament. I remember Baylor set up a large screen on Fountain mall. We were down for a little but everyone knew we would come back in the second half
historian
Those Nova turnovers made the difference.
Fre3dombear
The game the next year before everyone got hurt made me believe we were odds on favorites to win again and go back to back

Then disaster struck and we dropped like flies
historian
That last Villanova game was the best, except it wasn't in the tourney so had less long term significance.

That might have been the loudest ever heard the Farrell Center, although Kansas games always get loud and I've been fortunate to attend a few. 2019 WBB v #1 UConn was also very loud.
LIB,MR BEARS
historian said:

That last Villanova game was the best, except it wasn't in the tourney so had less long term significance.

That might have been the loudest ever heard the Farrell Center, although Kansas games always get loud and I've been fortunate to attend a few. 2019 WBB v #1 UConn was also very loud.
So much fun watching a healthy EJ fly down the court.
historian
Yes!
Thankfully we were able to see that many times.
Johnny Bear
Fre3dombear said:

The game the next year before everyone got hurt made me believe we were odds on favorites to win again and go back to back

Then disaster struck and we dropped like flies

I can't think of a better 40 minutes of team defense I have ever witnessed in a men's college game than what our guys did that day. Had we not had all the disastrous injuries that followed, if anything, that team just might've been a slightly better defensive team than our national championship team the year before, and yes, at that point it was hard to not see us going back to the FF again.
OsoCoreyell
That was a deal where the shot wasn't falling (Villanova had something to do with that), and we used our D to elevate our whole game. It was like they really challenged us to defend and we were like "Alright, challenge accepted!" and then we just locked them down. In truth, that was the true turning point for our D - we were VERY good before that, but after that game, we knew that if we needed to, we could absolutely shut down the very best teams around. And then we did it three times in a row.
historian
IIRC, we did that against Kansas too, although not as dramatically.
PaperBear89
Was this during Flo's 6th or 7th season?
Stefano DiMera
This game and the St Marys game in the tournament a few years earlier were the most dominant I've ever seen.
historian
Do you mean this one?

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Stefano DiMera
Yep...and the score wasn't that close .

Jim Nantz said at closing it was the most dominant performance he had ever seen in the tournament.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.