Can Kansas Travel with weather conditions?

1,747 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by GelaBear
graceontap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know if there is a possibility of the Kansas game being rescheduled because of travel restrictions? I am a season ticket holder from Dallas and still trying to decide if I make the trip to Waco tomorrow.
Bearettes 1977
BaylorTaxman
Hopefully they are not pulling an Oklahoma and waiting until tomorrow to travel. I suspect they are used to this weather and can handle it, but have not heard anything definitely.
geewago
De-iced runways. Airplane to airport. 4WD to FC. Rain or shine sleet or snow we must let the show go on. Heh heh heh.
BUBBFAN
graceontap said:

Does anyone know if there is a possibility of the Kansas game being rescheduled because of travel restrictions? I am a season ticket holder from Dallas and still trying to decide if I make the trip to Waco tomorrow.

Weather.com shows conditions here worse tomorrow than today. No way would I make the trip.
DFW Bill
graceontap said:

Graceontap , I'm a WBB season ticket holder from North Dallas. Both the DTW and Waco areas are under a severe winter storm warning until Wednesday. As of right now I'd say don't drive. Getting to Waco in the day is easier and safer than returning at night when it's colder, visibility and road conditions are hard to judge.

Geewago has a short drive with a 4 wheel drive truck and he's not sure if he will make it right now.

Patience is a good idea.
whitetrash
Right now Waco isn't too much of a problem. It's 30-31 degrees with light mist. Roads are wet but not icy, at least not on Franklin/Waco Dr/84. Had ice on the windshield this morning that took about 10 minutes to melt with the defrost on high, but ok since then.
slimecap
Jan 31, 2023 @ 1:03 PM
slimecap
Don't even ask ...
I would never drive on these icy roads !

WacoFan
I am hearing game may be moved to earlier in the day on Wednesday.
geewago
WacoFan said:

I am hearing game may be moved to earlier in the day on Wednesday.
that'd work fine with me. Im out and about right now but its amazing how many places closed early. I came into Robinson intending to eat at Tejuns or the new mexican place but both were closed. So Marcos pizza it is
blackie
slimecap said:

Don't even ask ...
I would never drive on these icy roads !

They are just looking for concession sales and a little noise (doubt they will need it against TCU). But in fact what they are doing is tempting people to drive in dangerous conditions.
slimecap
TXWayne
GelaBear
Enjoy the game, if you can make it! I won't be driving down from north of FTW. SicEm.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.