Found this pic and made me think of Chameka Scott

1,687 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ladybears4eva
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
[url=https://ibb.co/bGHL69][/url]
2014 golf tdi 0 60
Chibears2
I have an old barrister case that I turned into a display case. It has momentos from the 2005 championship, including the front page of the sports section from the Indianapolis newspaper. In color, above the fold, is the large color photograph of Chameka's celebratory embrace with Sophia as the confetti falls around them. I often eat in the den on a TV tray, but everytime I eat at the dining table, I sit and look at that page. It is so bittersweet.
ladybears4eva
My friends!!!
Meek
Chanelle Fox!
Chibears2
The ChiBears2 were season ticket holders for the Comets. One game a couple of years after the championship, we are in the Toyota Center and see Chanelle in a staff polo. We had our Lady Bear Championship hats on and we had quite a few signatures on them from players on that team, but not Chanelle's. I'm a little shy about asking players to sign things, but she was just leaning against the wall, so I think, "What the heck, I'm doing it!" Of course, the other ChiBears2 was already headed that way.

So, we walk up to her and say, "You're Chanel Fox, right?"
Her: (cautiously) "Yessss...."
Us: (eagerly) "You played for Baylor, right..."
Her: (questioningly) "Yesss...."
Us: "Can we get your signature on our hats?!
Her: (visibly relaxing, starting to cut her eyes right and left). "Okay. Ha ha. Sure, I'll sign your hats...as soon as you tell me who put you up to it."

Okay, now it's our turn to be confused.

Us: "We don't understand. What do you mean?"
Her: "Riiiiight.... Who's trying to punk me?

It took us awhile to convince her we were legitimate fans who really knew who she was and genuinely wanted her autograph. It occurred to me then, that those ladies had no idea what they had accomplished in the eyes of Baylor fans...of what a big deal that championship was for Baylor at that time in our history.

Remember that quote from Kim in that little staged pregame speech segment the network did? "Years from now, you will still be defined by this moment..."
ladybears4eva
Shes so humble and sweet
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.