2020 list - HVL #2, Andrews #4, Gusters #8

6,484 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 4th and Inches
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2020

Anyone have any updates on HVL or Andrews?
Dcheetah
Priscilla Williams #9
Treasure Hunt #14
Dalayah Daniels #15
Deja Kelly #31
Jordyn Merritt #32
Harmony Turner #35

Suspect we are not really on T Hunt since her recruitment is fairly public and her Mom posts on the UTenn page.
Jordyn M seems to be looking to the Southeast and havent seen anything tying us with Kelly or Turner.

I do wish we were recruiting Olivia Cochran. She would do great here and really anywhere else she goes.
buildabear1
Spoke with Rocky or Roct T. Turner's dad. Told me she loves Baylor. So not sure if that's a kim's not recruiting hard after her or what.
Big Bear
I wish we were recruiting her, OC, too. Do not know why we have not offered Harmoni. She has visited, at a game that is.
Dcheetah
Good info. Thx! I wonder if her scholie is dependent on the outcomes of SA and HVL and possibly P. Williams?
HustleBear
Prospect Nation rankings are not reliable at this point. They haven't been updated for the spring evaluation period. Maybe they wait until the end of summer. I don't know, but they need to update those rankings.
ScottS
HustleBear said:

Prospect Nation rankings are not reliable at this point. They haven't been updated for the spring evaluation period. Maybe they wait until the end of summer. I don't know, but they need to update those rankings.
Of those that we are targeting, who would go up with a revision? Who would drop?
HustleBear
I really don't know. I would be surprised if Andrews, HVL and Gusters rankings change much. Maybe a few spots up or down, but still remaining in the top 10.

EspnW updated their rankings a few months ago and I believe HVL dropped a couple spots. I think one spot benith Andrews. Nothing drastic. Andrews may have fell a few spots too. Both are still elite prospects.
Tylerbear
Treasure Hunt?

Let the newspaper headlines quips begin
Dcheetah
Since HVL dropped on ESPN she has made the U-19 USA team as a 17 year old (Nalyssa and Queen are on that team) and was the MVP of the 3v3 World Championships repping the USA in Mongolia. I bet she stays put on Prospect Nations and goes up some on ESPN.

Sarah Andrews had a very good Boo Williams and Houston Queen of the South tournament. Bet she stays about the same or slightly up.
skilledup
Williams is a kid to keep an eye on for you Baylor Bears.
Dcheetah
Would she be a 1 or 2 or 3 with her height? I see her as a 2-3 but heard she plays PG in HS and we already have at least 2-3 I thought we were recruiting closely there.
Big Bear
Priscilla is a good player at the 2-3. She plays for Branson, MO. As I mentioned on another thread, I believe she was offered several years at one of Kim's last elite invite camps. If we opt for a 3 versus a 4, she would be the best in class. However, if we opt for a 4, I very much like Dalayah Daniels.
skilledup
Dcheetah said:

Would she be a 1 or 2 or 3 with her height? I see her as a 2-3 but heard she plays PG in HS and we already have at least 2-3 I thought we were recruiting closely there.

At the college level, she would probably play the 2/3. Her AAU coach when she used to live in Katy was the Queen's AAU coach. If she comes back to Texas then the relationship is there, and you have to understand that Karen has burned that bridge. This is something that he told me out his own mouth. "I will not send any of my kids to Texas ever again".
Dcheetah
Interesting. Thank you!
Dcheetah
Will SA and HVL be fall announcements?
HustleBear
HustleBear said:

Well I guess these rankings are legit. Apparently they were updated about a week ago. I think all of the Baylor targets rankings remained the same, so......
Dcheetah
One of the knowledgeable longtime UConn posters at the Boneyard just said HVL expected for Baylor and Caitlin Clark for ND.
HustleBear
That makes perfect sense. It definitely works for me!

If that boneyard poster is correct? I would expect announcements from those two before the end of summer.
setshot
Hailey Van Lith would be a huge commitment for Baylor, and while I never discounted that possibility, it seemed almost too good to be true. If she does indeed throw in with the Lady Bears, it will be one of the biggest coups that Coach Mulkey and her staff have made in her long career as the coach of this program. I am still holding my hurrahs until it is firmed up and done. Van Lith is a program changer, in my estimation.

Willtalk, what say you about this development and what, if anything, have you heard about the recruitment of Sarah Andrews?
Eball
looking for news....Oregon has really blown it up recently can't deny it but not sure how all the pieces fit...They can only play 5 at a time just like us so I still like our chances.

I have to believe we will make some more noise on the recruiting trail in the coming months. Also, if a few of the names we see popping up fall our way our class could wind up be as good as anyone's.
4th and Inches
Coaches are all over on the recruiting trail right now... chicago, Lville, frisco texas, Ohio
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.