Florida Prof says Texans deserve Hurricane Harvey

1,328 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by blackie
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A professor from the University of Tampa said that Texans deserve Harvey and the damage because of their support for Trump. Of course he still has his job and no one seems to care much about what he said. If this had been said about obama or obama supporters it would be front page news and there would be calls to fire him.

What a compassionate group that left is. They want to kill people or have them suffer because of their political support on top of throwing them in jail based on using the 'wrong" pronouns.

This also shows how stupid he is as Harris County voted more for Hillary than Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/28/florida-professor-suggests-texans-deserve-harvey-for-supporting-trump.html
riflebear
It's amazing what liberals get away with. First the MO state rep wishes assassination on Trump and now this but hardly a peep from the liberal media. The hypocrisy is beyond common sense. We know most liberals think this way and will politicize a natural disaster so I give this guy credit for being honest but he should be fired immediately.
Boatshoes
cowboycwr said:

This also shows how stupid he is as Harris County voted more for Hillary than Trump.

While the Good Lord gave the planet a guarantee against total flood in the future, I don't think that applies to specific Hillary supporting counties.
AstroCowboy

bubbadog
Unfortunately, you're always going to find a few nuts who say stuff like this.

On the other side, there were wing nuts among Christian evangelicals (Pat Robertson, most notably) who claimed that south Florida deserved Hurricane Andrew and New Orleans deserved Katrina and Charleston deserved Hugo, which were God's righteous judgment against them. Remember?
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
PacificBear
bubbadog said:

On the other side, there were wing nuts among Christian evangelicals (Pat Robertson, most notably) who claimed that south Florida deserved Hurricane Andrew and New Orleans deserved Katrina and Charleston deserved Hugo, which were God's righteous judgment against them. Remember?
The point is the liberal media hypocrisy. Not the idiots who open their mouth.
bubbadog
PacificBear said:

bubbadog said:

I don't remember the conservative media taking to task those who said sin caused Katrina and Andrew. Do you?

And why would you expect responsible media, regardless of editorial slant, to headline some nut in Florida? You think the conservative WSJ is wasting their time on this shiite? I doubt it. Like other responsible media, they're busy covering the actual disaster.

The segment of the media that would cover stuff like this is the "outrage media," whose primary mission is to generate outrage and keep their audience coming back for a fresh dose every day. They're so busy trying to gin up outrage among the addicts that they spend all their time looking for bits of hypocrisy they can try to magnify into the main story. On the right, you have Fox's opinion shows and Breitbart and Rush Oxycontin Limbo fulfilling this function, among others. On the left you have MSNBC and Daily Kos, among others.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
Jinx
This man has been "relieved of teaching duties."

He's a "visiting assitant professor of sociology"-which means he has no formal, long-term relationship with the school. So they could fire him, since he didn't have tenure. And they've reassigned his classes to other professors.

His 15 minutes of fame are over, and he might have learned a valuable life lesson: We all have freedom of speech, but exercising that right may have consequences.
Jinx
PacificBear said:

bubbadog said:

A stupid tweet by a stupid twit is not news except on Fox.

Unless, of course, it's from Trump.
blackie
Jinx said:

PacificBear said:

bubbadog said:

Come on, jinx. You know good and well that had a conservative who didn't care for Obama said this about people in New Jersey with Hurricane Sandy that MSNBC would be all over it.

I get that conservative slanted networks are going to rag on the left. I also get that liberal slanted networks are going to rag on the right. What I don't find legitimate is for there to be such a double standard in the general public as to what should be accepted or unacceptable speech as often deemed by the media.

I've made my position very clear on BFans. I don't care for Trump and did not vote for the guy. I also think both parties and their media outlets are doing their best to split this country apart. I care for neither. I often listen to a lot of MSNBC at certain times of the day. I wouldn't go out of my way, but when CNBC goes to commercial I flip to MSNBC for a bit. I haven't been able to avoid noticing that during this event, more than one MSNBC host has done their best trying to get a local official, whether it be a sheriff in some small Texas town or governor Abbot, to tell them the federal government is not providing the assistance needed. That is usually how they start their interview, and they keep trying to ask the same question in other ways. You can almost hear their disappointment when they are told otherwise. It just doesn't play to their agenda.
cowboycwr
bubbadog said:

PacificBear said:

bubbadog said:

I don't remember the conservative media taking to task those who said sin caused Katrina and Andrew. Do you?

And why would you expect responsible media, regardless of editorial slant, to headline some nut in Florida? You think the conservative WSJ is wasting their time on this shiite? I doubt it. Like other responsible media, they're busy covering the actual disaster.

The segment of the media that would cover stuff like this is the "outrage media," whose primary mission is to generate outrage and keep their audience coming back for a fresh dose every day. They're so busy trying to gin up outrage among the addicts that they spend all their time looking for bits of hypocrisy they can try to magnify into the main story. On the right, you have Fox's opinion shows and Breitbart and Rush Oxycontin Limbo fulfilling this function, among others. On the left you have MSNBC and Daily Kos, among others.
I don't even remember those who said that at all. But that was also before things went "viral" like they do now.

Responsible media? Oh right because so many on this site automatically jump to the fox news attack when it is a story they don't like.

so here is one from the washington post... notice it is an AP article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/higher-education/university-fires-professor-who-blamed-harvey-on-gop-vote/2017/08/29/26296f7e-8cd4-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953_story.html?utm_term=.54cb6bdbb6da

So when CNN, WSJ, NY times, etc covered stories like this but towards the left they were the outrage media? Because I could provide lots of examples when it was a person on the right who made some sort of statement about Obama and the media jumped all over it.
cowboycwr
Jinx said:

PacificBear said:

bubbadog said:

What about all the times it has been news on CNN and other sites when it was directed at obama, hillary or others on the left?
jsb223
I believe a price has been paid for his original tweet.
Florda_mike
So did northeast deserve sandy?
Jinx
blackie said:

Jinx said:

PacificBear said:

bubbadog said:

Come on, jinx. You know good and well that had a conservative who didn't care for Obama said this about people in New Jersey with Hurricane Sandy that MSNBC would be all over it.
I don't know that.

Trump and other GOP leaders, including people on this forum, spent months questioning Obama's birthplace and demanding his birth certificate. Aided and abetted by right-wing media. Jeff Flake, who I don't agree with on much but at least recognize as a honorable man, is willing to say what other Republicans should have long ago: the birther push was dishonest and disrespectful and Republicans stayed silent or supported it. Some people on this forum still believe Obama is a foreign-born Muslim, despite the fact that John McCain, another honorable man, disavowed that.

Jinx
Florda_mike said:

So did northeast deserve sandy?
No more than Texans deserved Harvey.

But they remember the Texas delegation's response.

The Washington Post's Fact Checker dug into Cruz's latest remarks on Monday and ruled that "it is wildly incorrect to claim that the bill was 'filled with unrelated pork.' The bill was largely aimed at dealing with Sandy, along with relatively minor items to address other or future disasters."

Privately, several sources close to Texas Republican members echoed Cruz's comments about wasteful spending but did not want to speak publicly about the issue...

The bipartisan message blowing in from the Northeast: Congress will deliver the funds to Texas. While there is no interest in punishing fellow Americans, these members do want those in Congress from Texas to know just how personally they took those "no" vote when their own constituents were in trouble four and a half years ago.

"New Yorkers made the argument that when a storm strikes, it's not striking one region, it's striking the whole country, and I think my colleagues will be faithful to put their [voting] cards in and pushing the button," said Israel. "Until then, I think they're enjoying making a point."
blackie
Jinx said:

blackie said:

Jinx said:

PacificBear said:

bubbadog said:

I don't know that.

Trump and other GOP leaders, including people on this forum, spent months questioning Obama's birthplace and demanding his birth certificate. Aided and abetted by right-wing media. Jeff Flake, who I don't agree with on much but at least recognize as a honorable man, is willing to say what other Republicans should have long ago: the birther push was dishonest and disrespectful and Republicans stayed silent or supported it. Some people on this forum still believe Obama is a foreign-born Muslim, despite the fact that John McCain, another honorable man, disavowed that.

So which is more truthful and objective (and I use the term loosely)....Fox News or MSNBC? I don't watch Fox, ever. As I said earlier I do watch MSNBC during commercials on CNBC and find what they put out concerning fairness is a stretch to say the least. The only one I have ever seen criticize the Dems is Chuck Todd. Chuck may be a tried and true liberal, I don't know, but he comes across as someone with a bit of integrity which is more than I can say for most of their left leaning flunkies. The double standard there is strong. I'm sure Fox has their own. I just don't watch that network.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.