Sailor sentenced

758 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Harrison Bergeron
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/active-duty-sailor-convicted-in-capitol-riot-says-probation-would-be-fatal-to-his-navy-career-david-elizalde-navy-uss-harry-truman/65-4fafc617-97dc-4f85-b3fd-61a8e3fdeed0

Should this man get a lesser sentence so he can keep his job in the Navy?
Harrison Bergeron
If it was an insurrection, he should be hung on the Capitol grounds.

Otherwise, he should be released with no charges like every other rioter in the U.S. not a part of January 6.
Redbrickbear
I don't believe any American citizen should be sentenced for peaceful protest at the National Capitol.

And no where in that article does he say that Petty Office David Elizalde engaged in any violence.

[Leading Petty Officer David Elizalde, 46, was convicted in a bench trial last year of one misdemeanor count of parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building. Federal prosecutors are seeking three years of probation, along with 30 days of intermittent confinement,]
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The men on his ship were told not to go. Do orders count? I would like to hear from the military men present.
KaiBear
KaiBear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

The men on his ship were told not to go. Do orders count? I would like to hear from the military men present.

You neglected to mention such orders earlier.

Playing your silly little games as always.

Yes, orders count.

His career is over.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
From the article I posted:

Elizalde was stationed on the USS Harry S. Truman, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier based out of Norfolk, Virginia, on Jan. 6, 2021. According to his attorney, Stephen F. Brennwald, Elizalde was on shore leave at the time and didn't see an email from the Navy instructing its members not to attend any Jan. 6 events.

Wangchung
Are direct orders typically mass emailed?
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have no idea. There are a few military guys that hang out here. Maybe they could tell us.
Wangchung
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have no idea. There are a few military guys that hang out here. Maybe they could tell us.
If part of their orders are to check those emails before shore leave then I would guess yes. Hopefully someone can answer this one.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Sam Lowry
He should get leniency if he shows remorse. According to the article he's done the opposite. Can't say it's any great loss if he's not trusted to defend his country any more.
4th and Inches
Redbrickbear said:

I don't believe any American citizen should be sentenced for peaceful protest at the National Capitol.

And no where in that article does he say that Petty Office David Elizalde engaged in any violence.

[Leading Petty Officer David Elizalde, 46, was convicted in a bench trial last year of one misdemeanor count of parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building. Federal prosecutors are seeking three years of probation, along with 30 days of intermittent confinement,]
all of that is legal according to the first amendment.. any law that says other wise violates his first amendment rights
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
KaiBear
Wangchung said:

On a carrier manned by over 4,000 sailors; how else could the captain post such orders rapidly ?
Wangchung
KaiBear said:

Wangchung said:

On a carrier manned by over 4,000 sailors; how else could the captain post such orders rapidly ?
Probably directly from superiors. But again, I don't know. That's why I asked.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

He should get leniency if he shows remorse. According to the article he's done the opposite. Can't say it's any great loss if he's not trusted to defend his country any more.

Given how the army is doing in its recruitment as of late, I'd say we need almost every able-bodied man we can get.

That said, I'm a bit surprised at your stance. Leniency as long as he shows remorse for what you've termed a violent insurrection? Interesting…
Harrison Bergeron
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Given how the army is doing in its recruitment as of late, I'd say we need almost every able-bodied man we can get.
Yeah, but as China Joe and his cross-dressing team of morons continue to remind us, being a troon is the key to being a good solider. Guessing this guy does not go out in panties and a bra.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.