Bill Maher - Wokeness Killing Democratic Party

2,251 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Jack Bauer
CammoTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't see woke leftist culture disappearing any time soon.

In fact, it's only going to get worse.
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

I don't see woke leftist culture disappearing any time soon.

In fact, it's only going to get worse.


I suspect that since Biden is going to be president, there will be less "wokeness" in the news as a lot of the "wokeness" we have seen is just about getting someone not named Trump elected. We'll see. However, I do think his administration will try to restore some of the "damage" done be Trump to the gray train for critical race theory advocates in providing training to government.
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't see woke leftist culture disappearing any time soon.

In fact, it's only going to get worse.


I suspect that since Biden is going to be president, there will be less "wokeness" in the news as a lot of the "wokeness" we have seen is just about getting someone not named Trump elected. We'll see. However, I do think his administration will try to restore some of the "damage" done be Trump to the gray train for critical race theory advocates in providing training to government.


I think you're wrong. I think wokeness is a source of power for a lot of people -a way to win any argument or takeover leadership positions without a fight. It doesn't result in understanding or kindness - it results in fear and resentment. And it causes polls to be off by 10 points. The D's will either learn this lesson or they will suffer from it.

But I fear the academics and the media are just too far gone, followed closely by corporate America.
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't see woke leftist culture disappearing any time soon.

In fact, it's only going to get worse.


I suspect that since Biden is going to be president, there will be less "wokeness" in the news as a lot of the "wokeness" we have seen is just about getting someone not named Trump elected. We'll see. However, I do think his administration will try to restore some of the "damage" done be Trump to the gray train for critical race theory advocates in providing training to government.
A lot of branding and messaging is radical woke nonsense. It's everywhere, even commercials and sports.

It appears similar to a placebo to substitute for economic concessions by corporations, universities and entertainment.

A money saving tool that will have profound effects on culture and society, as we can already see. For that reason I think it's here to stay.
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OsoCoreyell said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't see woke leftist culture disappearing any time soon.

In fact, it's only going to get worse.


I suspect that since Biden is going to be president, there will be less "wokeness" in the news as a lot of the "wokeness" we have seen is just about getting someone not named Trump elected. We'll see. However, I do think his administration will try to restore some of the "damage" done be Trump to the gray train for critical race theory advocates in providing training to government.


I think you're wrong. I think wokeness is a source of power for a lot of people -a way to win any argument or takeover leadership positions without a fight. It doesn't result in understanding or kindness - it results in fear and resentment. And it causes polls to be off by 10 points. The D's will either learn this lesson or they will suffer from it.

But I fear the academics and the media are just too far gone, followed closely by corporate America.


You might be right, but I think we may see some of the foolishness taper off. Things do tend to go in cycles, and there are good cases to be made in the public arena against the woke idiocy.
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't see woke leftist culture disappearing any time soon.

In fact, it's only going to get worse.


I suspect that since Biden is going to be president, there will be less "wokeness" in the news as a lot of the "wokeness" we have seen is just about getting someone not named Trump elected. We'll see. However, I do think his administration will try to restore some of the "damage" done be Trump to the gray train for critical race theory advocates in providing training to government.


I think you're wrong. I think wokeness is a source of power for a lot of people -a way to win any argument or takeover leadership positions without a fight. It doesn't result in understanding or kindness - it results in fear and resentment. And it causes polls to be off by 10 points. The D's will either learn this lesson or they will suffer from it.

But I fear the academics and the media are just too far gone, followed closely by corporate America.


You might be right, but I think we may see some of the foolishness taper off. Things do tend to go in cycles, and there are good cases to be made in the public arena against the woke idiocy.
Go read the headlines from the New York Times for the last 20 Sunday editions and tell me if you still believe that. It is solid woke. That whole ed board is completely nuts. Go look at their twitter feeds. Its disturbing stuff. When Maher is talking to the "crazies" with no common sense, that's who he's talking to.
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OsoCoreyell said:

D. C. Bear said:

OsoCoreyell said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't see woke leftist culture disappearing any time soon.

In fact, it's only going to get worse.


I suspect that since Biden is going to be president, there will be less "wokeness" in the news as a lot of the "wokeness" we have seen is just about getting someone not named Trump elected. We'll see. However, I do think his administration will try to restore some of the "damage" done be Trump to the gray train for critical race theory advocates in providing training to government.


I think you're wrong. I think wokeness is a source of power for a lot of people -a way to win any argument or takeover leadership positions without a fight. It doesn't result in understanding or kindness - it results in fear and resentment. And it causes polls to be off by 10 points. The D's will either learn this lesson or they will suffer from it.

But I fear the academics and the media are just too far gone, followed closely by corporate America.


You might be right, but I think we may see some of the foolishness taper off. Things do tend to go in cycles, and there are good cases to be made in the public arena against the woke idiocy.
Go read the headlines from the New York Times for the last 20 Sunday editions and tell me if you still believe that. It is solid woke. That whole ed board is completely nuts. Go look at their twitter feeds. Its disturbing stuff. When Maher is talking to the "crazies" with no common sense, that's who he's talking to.


Like I said, you may be right.
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dems won the presidency , the house and are only 2 elections short of controlling the senate.

All this self congratulatory chatter by conservatives is ridiculous .
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

Dems won the presidency , the house and are only 2 elections short of controlling the senate.

All this self congratulatory chatter by conservatives is ridiculous .


Translation ^^^

Dems are attempting to steal presidency and neglected stealing reps so losing a few of them. Anyone notice that math doesn't work? Republicans gain House seats and lose presidency?

Now Dems complete the theft in Georgia stealing 2 Senate runoffs that republicans are favored

Conservatives aren't the problem and that self blame is getting old

We did our part

Democrats are better at theft is all
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Dems won the presidency , the house and are only 2 elections short of controlling the senate.

All this self congratulatory chatter by conservatives is ridiculous .


Translation ^^^

Dems are attempting to steal presidency and neglected stealing reps so losing a few of them. Anyone notice that math doesn't work? Republicans gain House seats and lose presidency?

Now Dems complete the theft in Georgia stealing 2 Senate runoffs that republicans are favored

Conservatives aren't the problem and that self blame is getting old

We did our part

Democrats are better at theft is all


An incumbent president lost re-election due to ....

1. coronavirus
2. a history of tone deaf narcissism
3. massive hostility from 90% of the media


Election fraud is not proven as of yet .
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
97% of black women vote for Biden and there is no issue.

50+ of white women vote for Trump and we have ushered in the new Nazi regime.

OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

97% of black women vote for Biden and there is no issue.

50+ of white women vote for Trump and we have ushered in the new Nazi regime.


The tweet mentioned both Joy Reid AND MSNBC. You really don't need to read anything else at all.
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
People want Gina Carano fired from 'The Mandalorian' for tweets on election, COVID-19, more

"People" want her fired for this tweet.



Porteroso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a fan of "woke" culture. The idea is great, people need to be aware of more than their immediate surroundings, and if you are, you can avoid insulting a lot of people by just assuming you don't know everything about their traditions and practices. At least that's how I understood it.

In reality it's people who want a cool word to describe how amazing they are for their cancel culture which seeks to delete anything that threatens their emotional security. Safetyism, I've read is a good word for it.
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Porteroso said:

Not a fan of "woke" culture. The idea is great, people need to be aware of more than their immediate surroundings, and if you are, you can avoid insulting a lot of people by just assuming you don't know everything about their traditions and practices. At least that's how I understood it.

In reality it's people who want a cool word to describe how amazing they are for their cancel culture which seeks to delete anything that threatens their emotional security. Safetyism, I've read is a good word for it.
Well said
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess they haven't learned...


OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

I guess they haven't learned...



And they won't learn until they are taught. Thus the term "student." Universities need to unequivocally tell students that they are going to hear things they don't like in school, and they will be taught by and interact with people they do not agree with, maybe even strongly. If they don't like it, they can go somewhere else. Conservative students have been living this for literally decades.
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

Porteroso said:

Not a fan of "woke" culture. The idea is great, people need to be aware of more than their immediate surroundings, and if you are, you can avoid insulting a lot of people by just assuming you don't know everything about their traditions and practices. At least that's how I understood it.

In reality it's people who want a cool word to describe how amazing they are for their cancel culture which seeks to delete anything that threatens their emotional security. Safetyism, I've read is a good word for it.
Well said
the ideologically indoctrinated feel intellectually superior, because they understand arcana others don't, and feel morally superior because they care more than others do. it feels so good to care! In fact, they are living an unreality that is not going to be accepted by the majority of the public. Ironically, running into that reality initially validates their belief system....'look at all those white supremacists engaging in white fragility! Wow, so much work to do." That's where we are now. Eventually, the pushback it's been getting in the philosophical realm will grow and make the movement unsustainable. That the comics are starting to ridicule it (as noted in OP) is a milepost. Normal people know down deep the memes about conservatives being Nazis/Klansmen are well worn but nonetheless patent nonsense, if for no other reason than the total lack of concrete examples, but almost everybody has found themselves policing their speech around their Democrat friends. The fear of burning crosses is academic; the fear of cancel culture costing you friends, your standing in the community, or your job and lifestyle is palpable. The threat to liberty lies on the left, which has become structurally and stridently intolerant of disbelief, and increasingly, of merely insufficient enthusiasm.

Identity politics will hasten the end of social justice movement because it is fundamentally insulting, dehumanizing the individual to nothing more than the wearer of a particular color of skin. No human wants to live so far outside of Maslov's Hierarchy of Needs. The only question is how much damage occurs before the end comes.
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

Porteroso said:

Not a fan of "woke" culture. The idea is great, people need to be aware of more than their immediate surroundings, and if you are, you can avoid insulting a lot of people by just assuming you don't know everything about their traditions and practices. At least that's how I understood it.

In reality it's people who want a cool word to describe how amazing they are for their cancel culture which seeks to delete anything that threatens their emotional security. Safetyism, I've read is a good word for it.
Well said
the ideologically indoctrinated feel intellectually superior, because they understand arcana others don't, and feel morally superior because they care more than others do. it feels so good to care! In fact, they are living an unreality that is not going to be accepted by the majority of the public. Ironically, running into that reality initially validates their belief system....'look at all those white supremacists engaging in white fragility! Wow, so much work to do." That's where we are now. Eventually, the pushback it's been getting in the philosophical realm will grow and make the movement unsustainable. That the comics are starting to ridicule it (as noted in OP) is a milepost. Normal people know down deep the memes about conservatives being Nazis/Klansmen are well worn but nonetheless patent nonsense, if for no other reason than the total lack of concrete examples, but almost everybody has found themselves policing their speech around their Democrat friends. The fear of burning crosses is academic; the fear of cancel culture costing you friends, your standing in the community, or your job and lifestyle is palpable. The threat to liberty lies on the left, which has become structurally and stridently intolerant of disbelief, and increasingly, of merely insufficient enthusiasm.

Identity politics will hasten the end of social justice movement because it is fundamentally insulting, dehumanizing the individual to nothing more than the wearer of a particular color of skin. No human wants to live so far outside of Maslov's Hierarchy of Needs. The only question is how much damage occurs before the end comes.

Also well said.

Their arcana is built on the foundation of unlimited inclusion which is a fatal flaw and more to your point of being unsustainable:

You can't virtue for Muslims and then turn around and virtue for LGBT because both of those entities are mortal enemies. That's just one example. Give them real power and they achieve massive infighting.

Reality itself is at odds with critical social justice because it delivers inequality.

I don't know how much damage they will achieve, but it's been one hell of a clown show.
keysjaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's all about the numbers! You are outnumbered, and the disparity will grow. Suck it up!
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the Democrats listened to Maher they would win a mandate. Here's the problem. They are who they are. This means they can't and won't listen to Maher. They're going to keep running farther to the crazy left.
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

Porteroso said:

Not a fan of "woke" culture. The idea is great, people need to be aware of more than their immediate surroundings, and if you are, you can avoid insulting a lot of people by just assuming you don't know everything about their traditions and practices. At least that's how I understood it.

In reality it's people who want a cool word to describe how amazing they are for their cancel culture which seeks to delete anything that threatens their emotional security. Safetyism, I've read is a good word for it.
Well said
the ideologically indoctrinated feel intellectually superior, because they understand arcana others don't, and feel morally superior because they care more than others do. it feels so good to care! In fact, they are living an unreality that is not going to be accepted by the majority of the public. Ironically, running into that reality initially validates their belief system....'look at all those white supremacists engaging in white fragility! Wow, so much work to do." That's where we are now. Eventually, the pushback it's been getting in the philosophical realm will grow and make the movement unsustainable. That the comics are starting to ridicule it (as noted in OP) is a milepost. Normal people know down deep the memes about conservatives being Nazis/Klansmen are well worn but nonetheless patent nonsense, if for no other reason than the total lack of concrete examples, but almost everybody has found themselves policing their speech around their Democrat friends. The fear of burning crosses is academic; the fear of cancel culture costing you friends, your standing in the community, or your job and lifestyle is palpable. The threat to liberty lies on the left, which has become structurally and stridently intolerant of disbelief, and increasingly, of merely insufficient enthusiasm.

Identity politics will hasten the end of social justice movement because it is fundamentally insulting, dehumanizing the individual to nothing more than the wearer of a particular color of skin. No human wants to live so far outside of Maslov's Hierarchy of Needs. The only question is how much damage occurs before the end comes.

Also well said.

Their arcana is built on the foundation of unlimited inclusion which is a fatal flaw and more to your point of being unsustainable:

You can't virtue for Muslims and then turn around and virtue for LGBT because both of those entities are mortal enemies. That's just one example. Give them real power and they achieve massive infighting.

Reality itself is at odds with critical social justice because it delivers inequality.

I don't know how much damage they will achieve, but it's been one hell of a clown show.
In all movements towards "purity," the snake has to continue to eat itself and the tent must continue to shrink. See, e.g., the Baptist fundamentalist movement. It will wax, then it will inevitably wane.
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Time to be outraged over something....

Sia faces backlash after casting Maddie Ziegler as an autistic teen in upcoming movie Music

Following the release of the trailer for Sia's upcoming movie Music, which she says is based on a close friend, many actors and activists were critical of the singer's decision to cast Maddie Ziegler, a non-disabled actor, to play a disabled character. Sia responded to the criticism, but some found her responses disappointing.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.