Understanding LGBTQ sexuality

91,448 Views | 1688 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 4th and Inches
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

After looking at both articles, I am now educated. I now know that the backwards Focus on the Family folks are misinformed and evil. I now know that the LGBTQMAP advocates are correct and I should not criticize anyone for their "orientation" and should instead encourage the flourishing of all "orientations."

Are you happy now? My happiness is immaterial. Did you learn anything that may change your attitude the LGBTQ community?

Should anorexics be treated or affirmed?

Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Titus and Titus said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

Read this and learn.
So?

Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A person's sexuality should not on public display or celebrated. What people do behind closed doors is their own business, - nobody elses.

Am sick and tired of a very small segment of the population trying to ram their sexuality and deviant behaviors down our throats.

You people go do your thing and leave the rest of us the Hell alone.

P.S. - Stay away from our children.
So kick gays kids out of school?
Who ramming anything.? I find statements like cramming or ramming weird. I heard it about blacks appearing in commercials. Or the media giving popes airtime. Or women being shown in male occupations. The world is changing and it's for the better.
You are not being hurt and neither are your kids.
Calm down and carry on
You are a clueless heretic. When you die, you are in for a surprise.
Yes, when I die it will be a huge surprise to see you in heaven

Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A person's sexuality should not on public display or celebrated. What people do behind closed doors is their own business, - nobody elses.

Am sick and tired of a very small segment of the population trying to ram their sexuality and deviant behaviors down our throats.

Who ramming anything.? I find statements like cramming or ramming weird. I heard it about blacks appearing in commercials. Or the media giving popes airtime. Or women being shown in male occupations. The world is changing and it's for the better.
Calm down and carry on

TWD 1974
Waco1947 said:

Focus on the Family is a conservative Christian organization. What they say here in this article is probably your church teaches and certainly the Baptist Church and your nom-denominational churches. So to be fair, I am posting their website. Focus on the Family says in part:
As with any sinful behavior, it's not about being tempted it's about willfully engaging in activity that goes against God's law. So it's possible to be a Christian and, at the same time, wrestle with same-sex attraction. But we can't be faithful, obedient Christians while willingly involving ourselves in any sexual practices that the Bible says are sinful.
Here their website https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-help/understanding-homosexuality/

I believe Focus on the Family is doing great harm to LGBTQ kids.

Now compare this understanding of sexual orientation from the American Psychological Association.

"Sexual orientation is commonly discussed as if it were solely a characteristic of an individual, like biological sex, gender identity, or age. This perspective is incomplete because sexual orientation is defined in terms of relationships with others. People express their sexual orientation through behaviors with others, including such simple actions as holding hands or kissing. Thus, sexual orientation is closely tied to the intimate personal relationships that meet deeply felt needs for love, attachment, and intimacy. In addition to sexual behaviors, these bonds include nonsexual physical affection between partners, shared goals and values, mutual support, and ongoing commitment.

Therefore, sexual orientation is not merely a personal characteristic within an individual. Rather, one's sexual orientation defines the group of people in which one is likely to find the satisfying and fulfilling romantic relationships that are an essential component of personal identity for many people."

Read the whole article here. https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbtq/orientation

Read both articles. Now get educated. .
I know this has become an enormous issue, this year...it reminds me of a return trip to Texas a number of years ago, where I sampled listening to 3 sermons from three pastors and 3 Churches on the same weekend: they all focused on the evils of Homosexuality. I was puzzled by this, wondering if there was a sudden outbreak in Texas I was unaware of...

Some statistics I found, there are roughly 26 million Children in the US between the ages of 12-17. In the most recent study I could find 2017-2021, there were 127,000 cases identified as having gender dysphoria. The number of cases where there was a gender changing surgery? Less that 1000 over 5 years. Does the hysteria of the moment fit the size of the problem?

What is much, much more common (more than 400,000 US annually) is the number of Children born each year with ambiguous genitalia, where agonized parents consult with doctors on which gender path should they choose for their infant. . If gender change at 17 or 18 is evil, why is it not when done in infancy?
Harrison Bergeron
TWD 1974 said:

Waco1947 said:

Focus on the Family is a conservative Christian organization. What they say here in this article is probably your church teaches and certainly the Baptist Church and your nom-denominational churches. So to be fair, I am posting their website. Focus on the Family says in part:
As with any sinful behavior, it's not about being tempted it's about willfully engaging in activity that goes against God's law. So it's possible to be a Christian and, at the same time, wrestle with same-sex attraction. But we can't be faithful, obedient Christians while willingly involving ourselves in any sexual practices that the Bible says are sinful.
Here their website https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-help/understanding-homosexuality/

Now compare this understanding of sexual orientation from the American Psychological Association.

"Sexual orientation is commonly discussed as if it were solely a characteristic of an individual, like biological sex, gender identity, or age. This perspective is incomplete because sexual orientation is defined in terms of relationships with others. People express their sexual orientation through behaviors with others, including such simple actions as holding hands or kissing. Thus, sexual orientation is closely tied to the intimate personal relationships that meet deeply felt needs for love, attachment, and intimacy. In addition to sexual behaviors, these bonds include nonsexual physical affection between partners, shared goals and values, mutual support, and ongoing commitment.

Therefore, sexual orientation is not merely a personal characteristic within an individual. Rather, one's sexual orientation defines the group of people in which one is likely to find the satisfying and fulfilling romantic relationships that are an essential component of personal identity for many people."

I know this has become an enormous issue, this year...it reminds me of a return trip to Texas a number of years ago, where I sampled listening to 3 sermons from three pastors and 3 Churches on the same weekend: they all focused on the evils of Homosexuality. I was puzzled by this, wondering if there was a sudden outbreak in Texas I was unaware of...

Some statistics I found, there are roughly 26 million Children in the US between the ages of 12-17. In the most recent study I could find 2017-2021, there were 127,000 cases identified as having gender dysphoria. The number of cases where there was a gender changing surgery? Less that 1000 over 5 years. Does the hysteria of the moment fit the size of the problem?

What is much, much more common (more than 400,000 US annually) is the number of Children born each year with ambiguous genitalia, where agonized parents consult with doctors on which gender path should they choose for their infant. . If gender change at 17 or 18 is evil, why is it not when done in infancy?
I will assume you're not being vapid and attempt to respond as such. You're mixing sex (a scientific reality) with gender (a psychological fantasy). Children born with ambiguous genitalia suffer from a physiological-medical condition. Children with gender dysphoria traditionally suffered from a mental condition similar to anorexia but currently largely suffer from attention-seeking social contagion.

While the motte and bailey is cute, conversion therapy on children is more than just surgery. Pumping them full of off-label pharmaceuticals has similar long-term physiological effects. I will stand on the right-side of history that would should put children's well being above Big Pharma profits.
TWD 1974
Harrison Bergeron said:

TWD 1974 said:

Waco1947 said:

I will assume you're not being vapid and attempt to respond as such. You're mixing sex (a scientific reality) with gender (a psychological fantasy). Children born with ambiguous genitalia suffer from a physiological-medical condition. Children with gender dysphoria traditionally suffered from a mental condition similar to anorexia but currently largely suffer from attention-seeking social contagion.

While the motte and bailey is cute, conversion therapy on children is more than just surgery. Pumping them full of off-label pharmaceuticals has similar long-term physiological effects. I will stand on the right-side of history that would put children's well-being above Big Pharma profits.
The procedures, whether at birth or later in life, seek to create or modify the sex organs. Hence, the correlation. I have no comment on whether or not gender dysphoria is promulgated by Psychobabble. I know there are some wonderful, competent people in the profession, but doubt they make a majority. I would agree there is a tendency to make the pharmaceutical solution the only one.

To return to the points I was trying to make-- our society is obsessed with a problem that is statistically quite small. Secondly, when looking at the numbers, we do not know how many of those seeking gender change were born with the ambiguity. Finally, we need better long-term research on the issue, while turning off the fake religious outrage on a subject none of us fully understand. Getting advice from Focus on the Family on this issue is about as wise as getting your heart transplant at the Baylor Infirmary.
KaiBear

Hundreds of thousands of homeless.

Over 90,000 fatal overdoses annually.

Federal gov trillions of dollars in debt.

Millions of illegals swarming through our boders.

Rampant inflation reducing the standard of living of millions of people.

Crime destroying a dozen US cities.

Yet our POTUS sends tens of billions of dollars we simply do not possess to fund a proxy war in a country most Americans couldn't find on a map.

Oh yeah, the US is a much better place now.

Harrison Bergeron
TWD 1974 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

TWD 1974 said:

Waco1947 said:

While the motte and bailey is cute, conversion therapy on children is more than just surgery. Pumping them full of off-label pharmaceuticals has similar long-term physiological effects. I will stand on the right-side of history that would put children's well-being above Big Pharma profits.
The procedures, whether at birth or later in life, seek to create or modify the sex organs. Hence, the correlation. I have no comment on whether or not gender dysphoria is promulgated by Psychobabble. I know there are some wonderful, competent people in the profession, but doubt they make a majority. I would agree there is a tendency to make the pharmaceutical solution the only one.

To return to the points I was trying to make-- our society is obsessed with a problem that is statistically quite small. Secondly, when looking at the numbers, we do not know how many of those seeking gender change were born with the ambiguity. Finally, we need better long-term research on the issue, while turning off the fake religious outrage on a subject none of us fully understand. Getting advice from Focus on the Family on this issue is about as wise as getting your heart transplant at the Baylor Infirmary.
I agree. Do you have a theory as to why efforts to prevent conversion therapy among children has garnered such religious zealotry among left-wing extremists. If this is such a non-issue as you purport, why would California legislature take time to pass a law making conversion therapy a part of child custody cases. Seems like a lot of left-wing nut job extremists losing their mind about something you claim affects only a few kids.

If they're not addressing a real problem or issue, what do you think is their motive? California is one of the worst run states in the nation with self-inflicted social, immigration, financial, environmental, and infrastructure problems, so it is just religious fundamentalism that is driving these wackos?
Harrison Bergeron
TWD 1974 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

TWD 1974 said:

Waco1947 said:

Here is another example of a left-wing extremist state that is obsessed with regulating an phenomenon that you believe does not exist. Do you think this is another Burned-over District but this time left-wing nutjob fundamentalists? Or - equally as likely - is New York just run by highly educated morons "obsessed with a problem that is statistically quite small."

New York is losing it's mind over a few illegal aliens and is living with self-inflicted economic and record crime problems, so what is your theory why the left-wing extremists are obsessed with conversion therapy?
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on
There is no heaven, remember numnut?

There is no supernatural. Or have you already forgotten what you believe?
Redbrickbear
How does Waco account for this?

Forest Bueller
Redbrickbear said:

Exhibit A of social contagion.
EatMoreSalmon
Redbrickbear said:

Hey! The shape of the collective bars on the graph look like the state of Arkansas!
Whiskey Pete
EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

Hey! The shape of the collective bars on the graph look like the state of Arkansas!
This guitar looks like Texas!

Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

My God man….that was hard to read.

Those poor boys.

Gender ideology is evil…always has been.

Another rotten fruit of the sexual revolution and the LGBTQ movement.
Explain why it is evil?
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on

There is no supernatural. Or have you already forgotten what you believe? Fell for your own ignorance. I believe in heaven. I believe I die into the arms of God as will you. You see God loves you in spite of ad hominin attack (numnut) and if you repent God will forgive you. That's your moral code and theology, right?
muddybrazos
Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?
A 1997 academic study criticized Money's work in many respects, particularly in regard to the involuntary sex-reassignment of the child David Reimer, and Money's sexual abuse of Reimer and his twin brother when they were children. Some of Money's sessions involved Money forcing the two children to perform sexual activities with each other, which Money then photographed. David Reimer lived a troubled life, eventually committing suicide at 38; his brother died of an overdose at age 36.

So which part of what that guy did is not evil to you? Child porn? Sex abuse? involuntary sex reassignment?
Waco1947
Redbrickbear said:

Why should I account for it?
Forest Bueller_bf
TWD 1974 said:

Waco1947 said:

Quote:

Ambiguous genitalia affect 1 in 5,000 live births. Diagnostic procedures can be time-consuming, and often the etiology cannot be established in this group of individuals with differences/disorders of sex development (DSD). National Library of Medicine.
Your numbers are way off. 3.66 million children are born each year in the US. More like 732 are born each year with ambiguous genitalia.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Calm down and carry on

There is no supernatural. Or have you already forgotten what you believe? Fell for your own ignorance. I believe in heaven. I believe I die into the arms of God as will you. You see God loves you in spite of ad hominin attack (numnut) and if you repent God will forgive you. That's your moral code and theology, right?

Please. You regularly engage in personal attacks and are calling out others for it? Something about a log in your eye comes to mind.

Can't believe in Heaven if you don't believe in the supernatural. It's a simple as that.
Waco1947
muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?
A 1997 academic study criticized Money's work in many respects, particularly in regard to the involuntary sex-reassignment of the child David Reimer, and Money's sexual abuse of Reimer and his twin brother when they were children. Some of Money's sessions involved Money forcing the two children to perform sexual activities with each other, which Money then photographed. David Reimer lived a troubled life, eventually committing suicide at 38; his
brother died of an overdose at age 36.

So which part of what that guy did is not evil to you? Child porn? Sex abuse? involuntary sex reassignment?

Of course money is evil but that doesn't make homosexuality evil
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?
A 1997 academic study criticized Money's work in many respects, particularly in regard to the involuntary sex-reassignment of the child David Reimer, and Money's sexual abuse of Reimer and his twin brother when they were children. Some of Money's sessions involved Money forcing the two children to perform sexual activities with each other, which Money then photographed. David Reimer lived a troubled life, eventually committing suicide at 38; his

What if you packed the money into a fudge packer's pleasure hole as an expression of its human sexuality?
Jack Bauer
Look at the compassion and love....whoops you regret your decision?

Tough ****

Jack Bauer
In 5-10 years, detransitioners are going to have the biggest class action lawsuit against the medical field since the tobacco industry settlement.
KaiBear
Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?

Money is not evil.

However racists like you might be.
Forest Bueller_bf
KaiBear said:

Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?

Money is not evil.

However racists like you certainly might be.
I think he meant Money as in the name of the man. He forgot to capitalize.
KaiBear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

KaiBear said:

Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?

Money is not evil.

At least his spelling has improved dramatically.

Wonder if 47's day nurse took over his typing.
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

Tough ****

Whoops!

By the way, read on the BBC that this is apparently happening in England right now, against a hospital that catered to kids with gender dysphoria and was performing surgeries on these kids. Hospital has been shut down by the British govt. and there are a number of lawsuits currently pending over it.

Who'd a thunk it, right Waco47?
GrowlTowel
KaiBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

KaiBear said:

Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?

Money is not evil.

My working hypothesis is that he uses one of the speak and spell contraptions.
KaiBear
GrowlTowel said:

KaiBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

KaiBear said:

Waco1947 said:

muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Titus and Titus said:

Read this and learn.

Those poor boys.

Explain why it is evil?

Money is not evil.

My working hypothesis is that he uses one of the speak and spell contraptions.

Makes sense .
Jack Bauer
Mothra said:

Jack Bauer said:

Tough ****

Whoops!

By the way, read on the BBC that this is apparently happening in England right now, against a hospital that catered to kids with gender dysphoria and was performing surgeries on these kids. Hospital has been shut down by the British govt. and there are a number of lawsuits currently pending over it.

Who'd a thunk it, right Waco47?

you are telling me children/teens make impulsive, irrational and immature decisions and we as a society should set up laws and boundaries to protect them until they become adults?

You, sir, are a NAZI!!
Titus and Titus
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1704818/

"In a controlled study 67.5% of 200 homosexual men but only 16% of 100 heterosexual men were found to be infected with intestinal parasites."

"Among the homosexual men recent foreign travel, living in a homosexual household and promiscuity were not correlated with intestinal parasitic infection, but cleansing of the anus before and sex was associated with a significantly lower prevalence of infection. These findings suggest that the male homosexual community may be an important reservoir of potentially pathogenic protozoa."
muddybrazos
Titus and Titus said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1704818/

"In a controlled study 67.5% of 200 homosexual men but only 16% of 100 heterosexual men were found to be infected with intestinal parasites."

"Among the homosexual men recent foreign travel, living in a homosexual household and promiscuity were not correlated with intestinal parasitic infection, but cleansing of the anus before and sex was associated with a significantly lower prevalence of infection. These findings suggest that the male homosexual community may be an important reservoir of potentially pathogenic protozoa."
Everything about the gay male lifestyle is literally disgusting.
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

In 5-10 years, detransitioners are going to have the biggest class action lawsuit against the medical field since the tobacco industry settlement.

Will be interesting to see how that plays out in the Courts.

Will the progressive Judiciary allow de-transitioners to destroy the gender ideology and the lucrative trans medical treatment hospital scams?

Or will that protect transgenderism like they have protected homosexuality?

Will be very interesting.

I for one have a hard time believing the institutional liberals in this country will choose kids over LGBTQ+....but I hope I am wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.