RIP Jeff Beck..

1,673 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by ScottS
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Legendary guitarist has died..He was 78.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Never in the same lineup together, but the Yardbirds had Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, and Jeff Beck. Just wow.
Bear8084
Known to us movie buffs, there is rare footage of a Yardbirds performance in the movie Blow-Up. A real cool peek into that Mod scene. RIP to a legend.

Bexar Pitts
william
Dale?
william
Bexar Pitts
Keyser Soze
More music trivia

Beck was a member of the Yardbirds. As the band somewhat fell apart Jimmy Page was left in control. Once contractual obligations were completed for the Yardbirds, Page would start up a new group.

Strongly considered was the name "The New Yardbirds". Page went with "Led Zepplin"
whitetrash
Keyser Soze said:

More music trivia

Beck was a member of the Yardbirds. As the band somewhat fell apart Jimmy Page was left in control. Once contractual obligations were completed for the Yardbirds, Page would start up a new group.

Strongly considered was the name "The New Yardbirds". Page went with "Led Zepplin"
IIRC, Page told a friend he was starting up a band called the New Yardbirds and the friend replied "that will sink like a lead zeppelin."
Keyser Soze
whitetrash said:

Keyser Soze said:

More music trivia

IIRC, Page told a friend he was starting up a band called the New Yardbirds and the friend replied "that will sink like a lead zeppelin."
They used "Led" instead of "Lead" because they thought stupid Americans would not pronounce "lead" the metal correctly
Task Force 2015
I loved Jeff Beck.When I was a teenager I had his albums Truth and Beckola.His lead singer was great too.At first I thought the singer was a black female r&b artist.It was Rod Stewart.
Keyser Soze
The same Jeff Beck Group also had Ronnie Wood on bass who went on to join the Rolling Stones
Task Force 2015
True that.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Task Force 2015
Keyser Thank you.Those videos give me chills and bring back fond memories.
Beverly Hills Bear
This was a tough one. I saw him tour with Stevie Ray many years ago and assumed that I would see him at least a couple more times. Still kicking myself for not seeing him with ZZ a few months ago. He was one of one. A true original.
Ghostrider
I thought we had a poster with that name.....from San Antonio
ScottS
Keyser Soze said:

The original seems better....

Maybe Rod Stewart can't hit the notes the same way in his older age?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.