Energy Drinks

3,924 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by william
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are these bad? I keep hearing these are bad. And yet people have a cup or 2 or 3 of coffee daily. Is that not bad? I usually have 1 to 3 energy drinks a day. How is coffee just fine and energy drinks are bad? Is it the combination of lots of sugar and caffeine? What if you drink non-sugar energy drinks (which is what I do)? Also how did Matthew Mayer have to sit a game or 2 due to 5 monster drinks? Too much in a small window like 1 hour?
william
{ sipping coffee }

{ eating organic whole grain toast }

- kkm

Dale?
ScottS
william said:

{ sipping coffee }

- kkm

Do you feel you scoreboard energy drink drinkers?
william
no idea - never tried one.

coffee is more than adequate.

esp. w the donut synergy.

- kkm

edit: actually tried a red bull 25 years ago.

no impact.

Dale?
4th and Inches
Energy drinks is a big label.. some are ok, some are not.

Coffee is ok in reasonable quantities.. a couple of 6 oz coffees is way different than a couple of 24 oz fraps

No sugar is good, artifical sweetener is bad. Too much caffiene from any source is bad. Carbonation effects people differently.

Research has shown some benefit from them and have increased brain function. Other studies have shown sleeping issues, cardiac problems, and diabetes and other inflammation based diseases when drinking ones loaded with sugar.

Check with your doctor to see if these are negatively impacting your health.

Remember, All things in moderation.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Doc Holliday
I drink lo carb ones and my platelets are high.

Going to switch to tea and super vitamin b complex.
BaylorGuy314
Define "bad."

I dont think they are any worse in moderation than any other carbonated, caffeinated beverage.
Nguyen One Soon
Had a former coworker end up in the ER due to her energy drink habit. She was downing 3-5 a day. Had a major impact, primarily on her heart and digestive system.
LIB,MR BEARS
I drink one in the morning when I get to work and will sometimes have a second one in the afternoon.

V8 Energy Pomegranate and Blueberry

Water, Vegetable Juice (Water And Concentrated Juices Of Sweet Potatoes, Purple Carrots, Carrots), Fruit Juice (Water And Concentrated Juices Of Apples, Blueberries, Pomegranates), Natural Flavoring, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Caffeine From Black And Green Tea, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Sucralose, Niacinamide (Vitamin ...

https://stopandshop.com/groceries/beverages/juice/juice-blends/non-refrigerated-juice-blends/v8-energy-pomegranate-blueberry-flavored-beverage-6-pk.html#:~:text=Water%2C%20Vegetable%20Juice%20(Water%20And,)%2C%20Sucralose%2C%20Niacinamide%20(Vitamin
ScottS
Just downed a monster....feeling good
Oldbear83
I give blood regularly, and it occurs to me that after giving blood, I am always encouraged to relax with a few drinks.

Those drinks include water, juice, Powerade, even Coffee, but never Energy Drinks.

So I treat Energy Drinks the way I would, say, Jack Daniel's in a can.
ScottS
Oldbear83 said:

I give blood regularly, and it occurs to me that after giving blood, I am always encouraged to relax with a few drinks.

Those drinks include water, juice, Powerade, even Coffee, but never Energy Drinks.

Non alcohol energy drinks = Jack Daniels?
Oldbear83
ScottS said:

Oldbear83 said:

Non alcohol energy drinks = Jack Daniels?
Yep. Drinking's version of Vaping.
CharlesJones
Well, I drink them and feel totally good. It's all about the amount and the lifestyle in general.
But if we listen to or read news, research, and articles, then almost everything in live is harmful. So energy drinks if for sure not the biggest danger
william
I still just drink Gatorade.

- KKM

BID.

Dale?
ScottS
william said:

I still just drink Gatorade.

- KKM

BID.

Gatorade is thirst aid for that deep down body thirst.
SMack
Energy drinks led to my drinking problem.
PartyBear
Never tried them. I just drink 3-4 cups of black coffee (meaning no sugar either) every morning. For some reason I imagine energy drinks tasting like carbonated cough syrup. But I don't know like I have said I have never tried one.
NickMilne
They are for sure not healthy, but if you drink one some time, then I don't think something that bad will happen. I also drink them from time to time, and everything is good
ScottS
I did notice on Monster that it has B12 in it. It also has a high level of caffeine.
ScottS
Just downed a Red Bull.....feeling good.
Berg09
Used to be addicted to Monster in college. One night, I planned on pulling an all-nighter at the library for a test and brought two double XL monsters with me. Showed up around 7 and had both of them gone by 9. By 10, I was tired and went home and went to bed, and woke up early to continue studying.

Around the same time, I was driving near Penland and my mouth started going dry and I was craving a monster, that was a wake-up call for me to stop drinking it. I occasionally have one but have really scaled back after talking to my doctor about it who said it's basically poison in there with all the additive crap they put in there.

I'll just stick with my black coffee now thank you.
william
{ sipping coffee }

- kkm

Dale?
BaylorGuy314
Berg09 said:

I went from concerned about your physical health to your mental health. Black coffee is for psychos, man.
william
{ sipping coffee }

- kkm

{ eating donut }

{ max muncy w/ 2 rbi double in lad win }

Dale?
Berg09
BaylorGuy314 said:

Berg09 said:

I went from concerned about your physical health to your mental health. Black coffee is for psychos, man.

ScottS
I downed a light green monster today. It was good
william
{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

- kkm
Dale?
william
{ sipping coffee }

- kkm

go bears!

beat the bobcats!

max w/a 2 run HR:

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/video/max-muncy-homers-31-on-a-fly-ball-to-right-center-field-will-smith-scores?t=electrified-moments
Dale?
ScottS
Just downed a monster……feeling good
ScottS
Just googled Matthew Mayer's issue with energy drinks…. It said he drank 6 in one day.
ScottS
Just downed a watermelon Red Bull….feeling good
william
{ sipping coffee }

- kkm

LAD back in the win column.

Bears prep for Utes.

D!
Dale?
ScottS
What if you mix coffee and Red Bull?
william
{ sipping coffee }

Max w/ a HR.

LAD wins!

- KKM

Dale?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.