My Vaughan Brothers documentary continues to roll along!

872 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Pecos 45
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK, first we had a boffo premiere in Austin.

With Kathy Valentine of the Go Gos in attendance.

And Gary Clark Jr.

Then we went to Dallas for two sold out shows at the Texas Theater.
And we're on all of the major streaming platforms (except Netflix)

Next we play the Sedona Arizona Film Festival, May 26-June 1.
https://sedonafilmfestival.com/event/jimmie-stevie-ray-vaughan-brothers-in-blues/

Check us out online, or order a DVD from Amazon, or even Walmart.com!!! (Yes, you can get a DVD of my film from Walmart.)
Appreciate all the support and anything good you can say about us.
Hope to come back to Waco to show it again, but for now we gotta chase that streaming stuff!
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Congratulations Kirby. Sounds like it is a huge hit!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Pecos 45
Please watch and tell me what you think!!!!
Malcolm Forbes
Stranger
Pecos 45 said:

Please watch and tell me what you think!!!!

loved the movie!

. . . however, Biden still sucks
I'm a Bearbacker
OsoCoreyell
Great movie! I loved it!

My one Vaughan bros story - I was in the band scene in Austin in the late 70's/early 80's. I didn't know anyone outside of Austin knew anything about Jimmy and Stevie (except maybe the Dallas folks). Anyway, we were in Antones watching Stevie warm up before his set, when Jimmy walks in the door. He started off smiling, but then Jimmy gets a funny look on his face as he watches Stevie warming up. He then starts yelling - "Hey, that's my lick you little **** " and charges the stage. Steve tells him to f-off, and they proceed to roll around on the floor in front of the stage punching each other. Eventually, Stevie's drummer separates them and they continue to scream and yell as Jimmy is thrown out the front door. It was better than a Western.
bularry
OsoCoreyell said:

Great movie! I loved it!

My one Vaughan bros story - I was in the band scene in Austin in the late 70's/early 80's. I didn't know anyone outside of Austin knew anything about Jimmy and Stevie (except maybe the Dallas folks). Anyway, we were in Antones watching Stevie warm up before his set, when Jimmy walks in the door. He started off smiling, but then Jimmy gets a funny look on his face as he watches Stevie warming up. He then starts yelling - "Hey, that's my lick you little **** " and charges the stage. Steve tells him to f-off, and they proceed to roll around on the floor in front of the stage punching each other. Eventually, Stevie's drummer separates them and they continue to scream and yell as Jimmy is thrown out the front door. It was better than a Western.
that is a great, great story.
Pecos 45
I have heard that story before, but it is important to note that both of them were drinking and drugging heavily back then.

That tends to cloud your judgment.

And all siblings fight at one time or another. It's just part of the family dynamic. (My brother and I fought sometimes, but I loved him dearly.)

However, they both got sober.
Then Stevie died right when things were getting better.
A real tragedy, and totally unfair.
Thanks for watching my film. Please spread the word to all you know.

(photo by Tracy Hart)
Malcolm Forbes
Pecos 45
Also, I would be crazy to miss another opportunity to plug our upcoming theatrical tour.
Here is the schedule (hyperlinks included):
  • Hollywood Theater, Portland, OR, June 12
  • Darkside Cinema, Corvallis, Oregon. June 14
  • Gateway Film Center, Columbus, OH: July 21 and August 20
  • Crowley Theater, Marfa, TX, June 24
  • Cinema Arts Center, New York, NY. July 6
  • ISIS Theater, Fort Worth, TX. July 1
  • Alamo Drafthouse, Katy, TX. July 26
  • Alamo Drafthouse (Village) Austin, TX. August 1
  • Alamo Drafthouse (Park North) San Antonio, August 1

• We are still on the major streaming platforms, but we have discovered that most boomers enjoy seeing it in a theater, so the distributor is doing a limited run. If we continue to get good box office, we will add more cities.
    Please continue to spread the word.
    If you are a Baylor alumni and live in any of those cities, please come out!
    I will be at the Marfa screening on June 24, and the Fort Worth screening on July 1 (if that matters)
    Hope to see you there!
    Malcolm Forbes
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.