Any band geeks here; Baylor University Wind Ensemble

1,604 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ETXBear
Sic On
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't even know Baylor had a wind ensemble, but I stumbled across their 2012 performance of "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral" on You Tube and...........HO-LY MOTH-ER.........What. A. Performance!!!!!!!

Best performance of this piece I have ever heard!!! These folks were AWESOME. I don't think the audience truly understood and appreciated what they just heard. They should have given them a 30 min standing ovation, thrown money, and babies to them - that sort of thing.

Wow. Great job.

Sic On
Wichitabear
Our orchestra has taken some national titles. Baylor has had an outstanding music program for as long as I can remember. That goes back to the early 70's
Wichitabear
My best friend was in the voice program. She is an excellent opera singer. I can appreciate this because I was in band in high school I always regretted not being in the Baylor Band
RegentCoverup
I may be in that crowd.
Gunny Hartman
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I'm no expert, but it's always been my understanding that Baylor's music department is world class.
ETXBear
I was at that performance and I can tell you it was even more soul stirring in person. I have never been more proud of my University than that night. Of course I am was a Music Major so...

Oh, don't worry! The crowd knew what they had witnessed...it was at the Texas Music Educator's Association Convention. It was very well received and highly talked about around the conference.

Dr Wilson has done a tremendous job with the Wind Ensemble since I was there under Dr Sedatole.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.