Return to Thee's Country

2,965 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by curtpenn
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spent last weekend near Burnet TX, home of the Burnet Bulldogs and the poster known as Thee.
Here is my photo essay.
https://imgur.com/a/GrDNQG2

“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
CutTheTVoff
Beautiful country Pecos. Thanks for posting.
drahthaar
Stirred some old memories (60-plus years) hunting on Harry Knibbe's ranch at Spring Branch north of San Antonio. Family history and rich. Keep it up, Pecos!
Pecos 45
But did you have a Dearborn heater?
Malcolm Forbes
KOKQB70
Pecos, dont check chit chat much, glad I did...terrific pics, posting as usual, will try to get Doak over here!
drahthaar
Pecos 45 said:

But did you have a Dearborn heater?

No electricity; no gas.

Coleman lanterns and a coal oil one plus a wood cook stove.
Thee University
You guys are hunting within 5 miles of the small ranch I grew up on.

After 30+ years in the Boerne/San Antonio area we built a retirement home in NW Burnet County overlooking Lake Buchanan. I share a fence line now with an old 15,000 acre ranch (used to be 25,000) so I get some nice, domestic deer wandering on my small place here. Still have the old home place over by Pecos East.

I hope to hook up with the West Texas boys next month.

Give those deer a fighting chance. No feeders. No scopes. Open sight.
Pecos 45
There is not a single feeder on the Burnet ranch, and no permanent blinds. We bring 'em in (blinds) and remove when we leave.
At my age a scope is a help. I would need my reading glasses to see open sights, then I wouldn't be able to see the deer.
Malcolm Forbes
curtpenn
Pecos 45 said:

Spent last weekend near Burnet TX, home of the Burnet Bulldogs and the poster known as Thee.
Here is my photo essay.

Drove from Ft Worth to Schertz last Friday and stopped there for a burger. God's country. Love it.
Thee University
curtpenn said:

Pecos 45 said:

Here is my photo essay.

Drove from Ft Worth to Schertz last Friday and stopped there for a burger. God's country. Love it.
Storm's?

Bill's?

Whataburger?
4th and Inches
Thee University said:

curtpenn said:

Pecos 45 said:

Here is my photo essay.

Storm's?

Bill's?

Whataburger?
i didnt know there was another burger joint other than Storms... we hit up the Burnett or Lampasas one when in the area.
Thee University
Storm's is pretty strong but Bill's (about 2 blocks west of the 281/29 intersection on 29 West is a great spot giving Storm's all they can handle in the way of competition.

Try it for a change of pace.
drahthaar
Thee University said:

After 30+ years in the Boerne/San Antonio area we built a retirement home in NW Burnet County overlooking Lake Buchanan. I share a fence line now with an old 15,000 acre ranch (used to be 25,000) so I get some nice, domestic deer wandering on my small place here. Still have the old home place over by Pecos East.

I'm gonna have to take a day and head your way...love to see your new digs; hit Bill's.
Thee University
witchmo said:

Thee University said:

I'm gonna have to take a day and head your way...love to see your new digs; hit Bill's.
Next time you come up 281 call me when you hit Round Mountain. I'll buy you a Burnet Bill's burger and give you a tour of both of my Rancho Not So Grandes - one overlooking Lake Buchanan and one on the banks of nonexistent Lake Victor.
curtpenn
Thee University said:

curtpenn said:

Pecos 45 said:

Here is my photo essay.

Storm's?

Bill's?

Whataburger?
Storm's for the win!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.