Alas, poor Astro, we knew thee well...

3,194 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 4yrletterbear
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Astro Motel will soon be a part of Waco history.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/last-astro-motel-residents-evicted-to-make-room-for-i/article_c86c8496-9404-5b5b-98ab-bddda9860164.html

I know many on this site caught their first venereal disease, here. Hard to see the old girl go...

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Is the Thunderbird still hanging tough?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Illinois Bear
Got my first ZJ @ the Astro.....
BellCountyBear
Good riddance.
Redbrickbear
Cleaning up the I-35 corridor through Waco....love it
Jack Bauer
They're gonna need to scrub that place down EXTRA hard (if you know what I mean)
whitetrash
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8e4acc49-61f0-4747-a7db-eb9595d0048e
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I remember giving the desk clerk (really the window clerk) a wristwatch for letting me have a room for a few hours. It was late and I just needed it for 2 or 3 hours. Yes, I was much younger than I am now.
ABC BEAR
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I remember giving the desk clerk (really the window clerk) a wristwatch for letting me have a room for a few hours. It was late and I just needed it for 2 or 3 hours. Yes, I was much younger than I am now.
.....back when you carried several wristwatches under your sleeve?
Illinois Bear

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Illinois Bear said:

Thats almost exactly how it went down but the casio was black, The perfect end to a night at the Melody ranch.
Bexar Pitts

Illinois Bear said:

Thats almost exactly how it went down but the casio was black, The perfect end to a night at the Melody ranch.
Dayum..This was an unusual thread to start the day with...A sincere "Tip of the Hat" to the towel and linen crew of the old Astro. I can't even begin to imagine what they encountered during a "normal" workday. Probably for the best.
4yrletterbear
Our family decided to go to Homecoming too late for our regular downtown hotels. I was in Jr High and my brother was a senior ar BU. Mom found the ASTRO Motel. After that weekend we never were late making Homecoming reservations
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.