Dr. Pepper vs. Any Other (and thus inferior) Soda

2,697 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Scratchy Bear
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of course the answer is, Dr. Pepper. So, that part of the debate is over.

One other thing we can all agree on...Pepsi is HORRIBLE!!!!
Stranger
OsoCoreyell said:

According to the company and the Associated Press and Baylor Lariat style books, there is no period in the name,
Dr Pepper.
I'm a Bearbacker
OsoCoreyell
Stranger said:

OsoCoreyell said:

According to the company and the Associated Press and Baylor Lariat style books, there is no period in the name,
Dr Pepper
Is there a period in "Mr. Pibb"? I mean, he's just a "Mr."
Edmond Bear

What is soda? I just know different variations of Coke. Dr Pepper is a Coke. Pepsi is a Coke. RC Cola is a Coke.
CorsicanaBear
Pepsi sucks. Coca Cola is the gold standard. Dr Pepper is what you drink when it's that or Pepsi.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BellCountyBear
If I have to choose between water, Dr Pepper or Pepsi...I choose beer!
4th and Inches
CorsicanaBear said:

Pepsi sucks. Coca Cola is the gold standard. Dr Pepper is what you drink when it's that or Pepsi.
when I used to drink sodas, it was mainly Dr Pepper but sometimes it had to be a coca cola(hard to explain but the fizz and bite of a freshly poured coca cola is something that Dr Pepper doesnt have... )

Pepsi and RC taste like knock offs of Coca cola.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Keyser Soze
CorsicanaBear said:

This. Will go one step more. Give me the old school cane sugar coke such as the Mexican Coke you can find at Central Market
BUbearinARK
Keyser Soze said:

CorsicanaBear said:

This. Will go one step more. Give me the old school cane sugar coke such as the Mexican Coke you can find at Central Market
Columbian coke is even more energizing.
OsoCoreyell
Keyser Soze said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Wow. It is impossible for you to be more wronger.
Keyser Soze
OsoCoreyell said:

Keyser Soze said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Wow. It is impossible for you to be more wronger.

You sure? This is not a Briles thread .... I get that response all the time on a Briles thread
curtpenn
Mostly Coke for me and DP for the missus, but we seldom buy "Cokes" (as Edmond Bear has correctly identified them). Once in a very great while I'll have a Big Red which was very high in my Baylor days rotation. This has me craving one now - lol.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I always preferred DP and woiuld take a coke as a second choice.. Now I am old and dont want the sugar. Sad to say but diet coke is better than diet DP.. Diet Big Red isnt worth drinking but sugar free AP root beer isnt bad.

When I first went with the sugar free stuff it was tough but after a week you get used to it. Nowadays a reg. soda tastes like syrup. to me. I drink lots of unsweetened ice tea now.
4th and Inches
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I always preferred DP and woiuld take a coke as a second choice.. Now I am old and dont want the sugar. Sad to say but diet coke is better than diet DP.. Diet Big Red isnt worth drinking but sugar free AP root beer isnt bad.

When I first went with the sugar free stuff it was tough but after a week you get used to it. Nowadays a reg. soda tastes like syrup. to me. I drink lots of unsweetened ice tea now.
that is my current style of before 5pm beverage refreshment... lots of iced tea! After 5pm, maybe a long island iced tea instead.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Stranger
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I used to drink diet Dr Pepper several times a day. About a year ago a serious major study came out that said artificial sweeteners (saccharine, splenda, equal, etc.) promote Alzheimer's and dementia. That was enough for me. I watch my sugar but keep it in moderation.
I'm a Bearbacker
BaylorGuy314
I have cut back - but not enough admittedly.

I still drink about 1L of Diet Dr Pepper a day. It was 2L easily in the past. And put sweet and low in my coffee.

So, yea, I'm going to die.

And, yes, I drink crap tons of water. At least 80oz a day. Nothing is more refreshing. But I need the soda because drinking 80-100oz of water a day gets old quick.
Scratchy Bear
The late, great Lewis Grizzard said it best: "The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put bourbon in it."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.