"The Rise of Skywalker" Trailer has just been unveiled.

5,008 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PartyBear
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks great!
fadskier
Sorry but after growing up with 4-6, Disney has ruined Star Wars 7-8...f7 was just a reboot of 4, 8 was awful...Lea with her magical re-entry of the spaceship? Utterly stupid. so I'm trying to figure what stupid stuff will happen in 9...in addition to JJ Abrams saying that some characters will be gay.
PartyBear
C-3PO has been gay since 1977. So who cares.
fadskier
PartyBear said:

If it has to do with the plot, I'm not so bothered but I hate crap (any crap) inserted just to make a social statement.
UBBY
fadskier said:

PartyBear said:

If it has to do with the plot, I'm not so bothered but I hate crap (any crap) inserted just to make a social statement.
Kind of like the random storyline of animal rights in episode 8. I have been really disappointed by the lack of new storylines in the series. It just feels like a retread.
MrGolfguy
I liked 7 and 8 for the most part, way better than 1, 2, &3 which was a bunch of goofy garbage.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Alfred Anchorsen
PartyBear said:

Looks great!
Thanks for posting the link.
PartyBear
Oh hell.....I thought everyone knew how to find it and figured people interested saw it before I started the thread.
UBBY
I'm intrigued by palpatine returning. I want to be happy about the original lando returning but I'm afraid he'll be killed off like everyone else from the original series. I hope Ren dies while choking on a dildo. They better not try to turn him face. I hope that little oriental girl isn't in the movie much.
TechDawgMc
Preview doesn't look bad but I've not been happy about the direction of this series. Essentially what Last Jedi said was that the rebellion was a failure. They went from overturning the Empire to essentially having one ship left in just 20-30 years. And now they're trying to do it again. Great. How many times do we get to see it?

I'll go see it and hope to be surprised (somewhat of my attitude about the new Avengers movie) but I'm not happy with what they've done.
PartyBear
I don't think Palpatine actually returns. I suspect he appears in a flash back scene. Not a spoiler because I don't know. My personal theory is I think the whole thing is leading to Rey discovering she was Anakin/Vader in her past life. She had flash backs in the 7 as well but none in the last one.
CNC
fadskier said:

PartyBear said:

Kind of like Finn & whats her face entire story line in that movie.

They could have cut every one of their scenes, and it wouldn't have affected the main story at all.

TFA was alright, but built a decent foundation. TLJ crapped the bed and could honestly just be a stand alone; built nothing on top of TFA.

Glad JJ is at the helm. I feel like I have to see #9 (childhood), but I don't know what to expect at this point. I loved 4, 5, 6, and sort of 7. Hated 1, 2, most of 3, all of 8. So I guess I have a 50/50 shot.

fadskier
CNC said:

fadskier said:

PartyBear said:

They could have cut every one of their scenes, and it wouldn't have affected the main story at all.

TFA was alright, but built a decent foundation. TLJ crapped the bed and could honestly just be a stand alone; built nothing on top of TFA.

Glad JJ is at the helm. I feel like I have to see #9 (childhood), but I don't know what to expect at this point. I loved 4, 5, 6, and sort of 7. Hated 1, 2, most of 3, all of 8. So I guess I have a 50/50 shot.

4-6 were classics...like 2 a little...hated 1 & 3. Didn't like 7...hated 8....LOVED Rogue One!
PartyBear
I thought 3 was the best one of the prequels.
CNC
fadskier said:

CNC said:

fadskier said:

PartyBear said:

4-6 were classics...like 2 a little...hated 1 & 3. Didn't like 7...hated 8....LOVED Rogue One!
I totally forgot about Rogue One. I saw it in the theaters, but not since. I like it a lot too.

I have not seen Solo. I guess too much Star Wars going on. I think I was Han 2 or 3 times for Halloween as a kid. Never could find a Bobo Fett costume back then.
TechDawgMc
CNC said:

fadskier said:

CNC said:

I totally forgot about Rogue One. I saw it in the theaters, but not since. I like it a lot too.

I have not seen Solo. I guess too much Star Wars going on. I think I was Han 2 or 3 times for Halloween as a kid. Never could find a Bobo Fett costume back then.

Rogue One is the best thing that Disney has done with the franchise--it's not close. It could have been a great part to a prequel series that included 3 but only briefly hit 1-2 (and left the romance in two out completely; that dialogue was painful)

Thought Solo was OK, entertaining if not a full capture of the original magic.
FormerFlash
Totally agree on Rogue 1. It was the best in the series. Great story, great acting, paced well, actually had real emotion. Loved it. My favorite in the entire series, including the originals.

8 was pretty much hot garbage. The fact that had Vice Admiral Holdo just been open with Poe instead of being all weirdly secretive, massive amounts of wasted time and energy could have been avoided. She was a complete B and then at the end they tried to redeem her which really pissed me off. Leia force flying through space was the dumbest thing since Jar Jar Binks. And literally nothing Finn and Rose did mattered to the story in any way shape or form. Absolutely terrible.
Sic Everyone.
CammoTX
Here's the correct way to rank them. I will put them in tiers and rank within the tiers respectively.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One

Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi
Solo

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

RebelT
CammoTX said:

Here's the correct way to rank them. I will put them in tiers and rank within the tiers respectively.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One

Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi
Solo

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

My only argument with this is POTENTIALLY the rank of the first group. I also thought Rogue One was one of the best films of the whole franchise. But, it's hard for nostalgia to not win out, and both ESB and ANH we're definitely fantastic. It would be an argument without a distinction because you're right that those three are the best of the series, no doubt.

I didn't love TLJ but it wasn't as horrible as many are making it. The gnashing of teeth over the "social" issues is as predictable and pathetic as someone referring to Rose as "the Oriental."

fadskier
CammoTX said:

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One

Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi
Solo

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of The Jedi
Rogue One

crap
crap
crap
crap
crap

haven't seen solo
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
I have to admit this. I thought the CGI of Tarkin was impressive but for some reason Leia was off. However, at the end of Rogue One, when they give her the plans and she says hope, I actually shed tears.

The last two movies that had me teary was Rogue One and Toy Story 3. What is wrong with me?!? Sci-fi and animation?!?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
FormerFlash
fadskier said:

I have to admit this. I thought the CGI of Tarkin was impressive but for some reason Leia was off. However, at the end of Rogue One, when they give her the plans and she says hope, I actually shed tears.

The last two movies that had me teary was Rogue One and Toy Story 3. What is wrong with me?!? Sci-fi and animation?!?
Hahahaha
Sic Everyone.
Edmond Bear
fadskier said:

Did you hit your mid-40's?
Keyser Soze
quash
Saw the trailer before Endgame, think I stopped breathing. Seen every SW movie, most multiple times.

Except Solo. Couldn't finish that bantha poodoo.
Knight Bear
I admittedly get misty eyed whenever I see these trailers and anytime I see the Lucasfilm logo and hear the music in a theater. Brings back so many childhood memories. Star Wars made me fall in love with movies and the places they can take you.

Can't wait for December!
Media Bear
FormerFlash said:

Totally agree on Rogue 1. It was the best in the series. Great story, great acting, paced well, actually had real emotion. Loved it. My favorite in the entire series, including the originals.

8 was pretty much hot garbage. The fact that had Vice Admiral Holdo just been open with Poe instead of being all weirdly secretive, massive amounts of wasted time and energy could have been avoided. She was a complete B and then at the end they tried to redeem her which really pissed me off. Leia force flying through space was the dumbest thing since Jar Jar Binks. And literally nothing Finn and Rose did mattered to the story in any way shape or form. Absolutely terrible.
This. All of this.
BaylorGrad&Dad
Agree with Knight Bear. I saw Episode IV at the old 25th Street Theatre (same place I saw Blazing Saddles). I remember so many Baylorites trying to tie in The Force with God. Also, we were all scratching our heads when the very first SW movie was Episode IV--we were thinking, 'Did I miss I - III?
PartyBear
Actually A New Hope was originally just called Star Wars until the sequel series was announced In the mid/late 90s or so. Then it was re numbered as were 5 and 6 and given a new name. They were also all re digitized and re released.
90sBear
PartyBear said:

Actually A New Hope was originally just called Star Wars until the sequel series was announced In the mid/late 90s or so. Then it was re numbered as were 5 and 6 and given a new name. They were also all re digitized and re released.
Back when Han Solo drew first.
Sam Lowry
ANH had no number when it was released in 1977. TESB was called Episode 5 when it came out in 1980, ANH was Episode 4 upon its re-release in 1981, and ROTJ followed as Episode 6 in 1983.
PartyBear
Star Wars is one of the coolest epics ever. It is almost like a never ending story that began 42 year ago. I remember right before Empire Strikes Back came out, Time Magazine did a story about Star Wars and Lucas, it may have even been the cover story. I remember Lucas in the article stating he had plans for a sequel to Empire Strikes Back. But also revealed in the article he wanted to do a three movie story that took place before what we called Star Wars at the time that centered on Obi wan, Darth Vader and Luke's father when they were young, he gave no spoiler and had plans for three movies that take place after the sequel to Empire Strikes Back. Lucas had the story generally pretty well thought through back in the 70s. I think this really is supposed to be the end of the Skywalker clan's story, which of course means it has a strange name for that to be the case.
quash
PartyBear said:

Star Wars is one of the coolest epics ever. It is almost like a never ending story that began 42 year ago. I remember right before Empire Strikes Back came out, Time Magazine did a story about Star Wars and Lucas, it may have even been the cover story. I remember Lucas in the article stating he had plans for a sequel to Empire Strikes Back. But also revealed in the article he wanted to do a three movie story that took place before what we called Star Wars at the time that centered on Obi wan, Darth Vader and Luke's father when they were young, he gave no spoiler and had plans for three movies that take place after the sequel to Empire Strikes Back. Lucas had the story generally pretty well thought through back in the 70s. I think this really is supposed to be the end of the Skywalker clan's story, which of course means it has a strange name for that to be the case.
I remember that, he wanted fans to be able to go sit in a theater and watch all nine in one sitting. Ring of the Nibbelung stuff.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
curtpenn
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

Agree with Knight Bear. I saw Episode IV at the old 25th Street Theatre (same place I saw Blazing Saddles). I remember so many Baylorites trying to tie in The Force with God. Also, we were all scratching our heads when the very first SW movie was Episode IV--we were thinking, 'Did I miss I - III?
Saw both of those and the Exorcist there, too. Good times.
FormerFlash
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

I need this to come to pass in the final installment. Please let it be so!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.