Badass Half Marathon Info needed!

1,375 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ETXBear
ETXBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have a buddy who knows nothing about Waco but is planning on running the Badass Half.

Anyone have info I can pass on about the course? Elevation, etc?

Thanks in advance!
Jack Bauer
I've run it twice, the last time 2 years ago

The elevation was a killer especially through MCC but I think they have changed it since.

Coke Bear
ETXBear said:

Have a buddy who knows nothing about Waco but is planning on running the Badass Half.

Thanks in advance!
I agree with Jack. The MCC hills are the worse. Cameron is manageable, but the MCC hills and rolling hills leaving that area are brutal after running Cameron.

Please note the the last 4 miles will be into the sun. I would suggest a running hat.

Finally, be sure to instruct him to do as much hill work and rolling hill work, if he's can find them.

May will be warm, even in the morning. I'm sure that he's a serious running so it goes without saying to be well hydrated the day before.
Jack Bauer
Coke Bear said:

ETXBear said:

Thanks in advance!
I agree with Jack. The MCC hills are the worse. Cameron is manageable, but the MCC hills and rolling hills leaving that area are brutal after running Cameron.

Please note the the last 4 miles will be into the sun. I would suggest a running hat.

Finally, be sure to instruct him to do as much hill work and rolling hill work, if he's can find them.

May will be warm, even in the morning. I'm sure that he's a serious running so it goes without saying to be well hydrated the day before.
I ran these when they were in August. It was Hotter than Hell even at 7AM but the race was my motivation not to slack off in the summer time. Yes, MCC was BRUTAL but I think they have taken that part out and rerouted to a flatter surface.
ETXBear
Thanks y'all! I'll pass this along! I know he'll be grateful!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.