TV Streaming Services

1,788 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BaylorOkie
BaylorOkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which ones do you like or not like?

YouTube, Vue, etc. Also interested in DVR feedback.

We just moved into our new house so I'm getting ready to set things up. I haven't used a streaming service yet.
Mitch Blood Green
BaylorOkie said:

Which ones do you like or not like?

YouTube, Vue, etc. Also interested in DVR feedback.

We just moved into our new house so I'm getting ready to set things up. I haven't used a streaming service yet.

We have CBS, Hulu and Netflix. (Amazon)? I watch a little Hulu and really nothing else. I wish I could give you better direction.
Keyser Soze
Have had PS Vue about one year. No complaints. Cloud DVR is unlimited space. Quality internet is obviously a must for all of these services.
CorsicanaBear
PS Vue works well on Apple TV and Roku and is very much like cable services you may have had before, it will feel very familiar and the Core Tier at $49.99/month gets you all the regional sports channels.

I just cancelled Netflix because I realized I never watch it. There is occasionally a movie I want to see but it's cheaper for me to just rent the occasional one off movie from Apple or Amazon.

If you watch Hulu a lot you may like Hulu Live which has a tier that gives you live TV, like cable, plus access to all the Hulu catalog for one price.

On any service be sure you check things like how many simultaneous streams you can watch and on what kind of devices. That may be important if you have multiple people in your house who want to watch different things at the same time.

Illigitimus non carborundum
Mr Tulip
I've been with PSVue for about 3 years. They have the channels I like, lots of sports, reliable platform options, and no contracts. I wish they had Viacom stuff, but the Redstone family are nuts. That's no surprise, and no great loss.

What it really showed me is how much TV I don't watch anymore.
OsoCoreyell
I really like YouTube TV. I mainly got it because it works perfectly with the Google Home setup.

I chose Google Home because the Google Assistant is easily the best digital assistant. Kills Alexa and absolutely slays Siri.
TechDawgMc
Anybody know the answer to this? Does Hulu or YouTube work correctly with Alexa's voice commands? All you can do with DTVNow is start the app
BaylorOkie
I'm running Google Mesh in my house and got YouTube TV. 100mb internet service and we are running great. Two TVs, no problem. I really like YouTube TV so far.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.