Power providers in Addison TX

1,585 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by deemus
Alfred Anchorsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is TXU a good option for electricity in Addison or is there someone else you'd recommend instead. I think the all in price is around 12.2 cents per kwh
4th and Inches
Powertochoose.org
Alfred Anchorsen
Gruvin said:

Powertochoose.org
Thank you! Do you know, for instance, with infuse energy, they show a cost of 9 cents for 1,000 kwh. Does that include everything, or are there delivery charges and other crap in that too?
4th and Inches
Dont know much about that company but looking at the fact sheet, it says that one is like 5.36 base rate so yes, the 9 cents should include the delivery fees as well.
Alfred Anchorsen
Gruvin said:

Dont know much about that company but looking at the fact sheet, it says that one is like 5.36 base rate so yes, the 9 cents should include the delivery fees as well.
I did some checking too and I think you are correct. Thank you!
midgett
I used Reliant at a great rate for about 4 years. The best rate they offered at renewal was nearly 10 cents. There were two 4 & 5 star rated companies offering 5.5 cents. Reliant was offering 5.7 for new customers. After some friendly haggling they gave me the new customer rate. I didn't mind paying a bit extra to avoid hassle of change. I also locked in for 2 years.

The 5.7 is base. You add the Oncor charge of 3.1. I've been happy while with Reliant.

Previously I was with TXU. High rates with little negotiation. I think since they were the "original" company they keep people (especially seniors) who don't know they have a choice.
VaeBear
I just recently bought a house and I am trying out Griddy. You pay a $10 monthly fee plus all the centerpoint/txu transmission fees and then you get charged wholesale electricity rates.
curtpenn
Alfred Anchorsen said:

Is TXU a good option for electricity in Addison or is there someone else you'd recommend instead. I think the all in price is around 12.2 cents per kwh
I'm in Dallas and switched after forever with TXU to Champion about a year ago. We pay between .095 - .10 / kWh. No gimmicks. No brackets. Very simple and straightforward. Keep getting stuff from TXU trying to get us back. Called them a few weeks ago and when it was all said and done, still around $.12-.13. No, thanks.
bularry
I'm with Champion too!
deemus
Champion three
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.