Movie Corner

1,754 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YoakDaddy
TechDawgMc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We haven't had a broad movie discussion thread in a while -- at least, I think not. I seem to miss threads in all the clutter.

Two good ones I've seen this week or so (non-spoiler review):

Yesterday -- clever story about a guy living in a world where the Beatles never existed who happens to be a musician who remembers their music. Slightly less than perfect execution--mostly because it's primarily a romantic comedy. Still, generally a clever story told with some nice twists and turns.

Spiderman, Far From Home -- apparently the bridge movie between the long story arc finished in EndGame and the new story that Marvel wants to tell. Good movie, fun to watch. Probably best not to try to think too much while watching but that's true of most comic book movies. Definitely some twists and turns here.
ABC BEAR
Summer movies haven't been geared to 'thinking man' types since 1974 when Chinatown and Godfather II debuted. Jaws came out in '75 and we've been staring slack-jawed at the summer flicks ever since.
TechDawgMc
Saw Lion King last night. I went in prepared not to like it. It felt more like a money grab than anything else. While it is something of a replication of the animated version without some of the gee-wiz of how they made animation look so good, it was still a pretty fun movie. The story was pretty much the same but the humor was new. At least good for a Tuesday night cheap show at the theater.
YoakDaddy
John Wick 3 kept the story going and left the franchise open for a fourth. I enjoyed the movie immensely.
TechDawgMc
YoakDaddy said:

John Wick 3 kept the story going and left the franchise open for a fourth. I enjoyed the movie immensely.

I've meant to ask about it. Can't seem to find the time to gosince it's either alone or working a guys night out
YoakDaddy
TechDawgMc said:

YoakDaddy said:

I've meant to ask about it. Can't seem to find the time to gosince it's either alone or working a guys night out

It's John Wick....totally bada$$. IMO the first one was way underrated. This third one completes the circle but leaves an opening for number 4.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.