What Has Livingstone Done During Her Tenure?

3,784 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is she a care taker or a rule breaker? Thoughts? I have no clue but rarely read anything about her except the usual blah blah blah. Academics?
No Longer Gold
Insulted 100 years of tradition by getting rid of Baylor gold
Stranger
She's just toeing the company line. Nothing ever changes much at Baylor.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Agree with Stranger. She stays out of sight and out of mind. She does not dare cross or disagree with OZ behind the curtain (the BOR). She can stay or she can go. After witnessing the conduct of the "leadership" of Baylor these last five years, I don't really care one way or the other.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
She has made steps forward and backward with the Baylor Line Foundation.
Aliceinbubbleland
quash said:

I noticed the Hall of Fame Dinner will be held at the Baylor Club. Does this mean cocktails, wine and beer?

https://baylorlinefoundation.com/hof-2020/
quash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

quash said:

I noticed the Hall of Fame Dinner will be held at the Baylor Club. Does this mean cocktails, wine and beer?

https://baylorlinefoundation.com/hof-2020/
Drink up!
Keyser Soze
Compliance with Title IX has never been better.

quash
Keyser Soze said:

Sec. DeVos helped by rescinding the 2011 Dear Colleague letter.
atomicblast
At least Ken Start helped raise money for the endowment. We should be trying to get across the $2 billion mark. So many universities have made it across $1 billion mark.
Stranger
atomicblast said:

At least Ken Start helped raise money for the endowment. We should be trying to get across the $2 billion mark. So many universities have made it across $1 billion mark.

Starr didn't raise squat. He announced a President's Iniative to raise $100million. It hit the wall before it totaled $30 million. He then instructed Development to play with the mumbers. LThey started counting all scholarship money that already existed. Also every dollar that existed in the various department endowments. All previously donated money. Basically there was no new money raised.

Starr was a fraud on so many levels. In addition the Title IX / athletics scandals can be placed firmly at his feet as well as the destruction of the Baylor Alumni Association.

Worst. President. Ever.
drahthaar
quash said:

BLF is a scholarship organization with little influence. I couldn't care less about her relationship with the BLF. Her relationship with the regents and alumni is a different matter.
Booray
witchmo said:

quash said:

BLF is a scholarship organization with little influence. I couldn't care less about her relationship with the BLF. Her relationship with the regents and alumni is a different matter.
Most BLF members are alums.
quash
witchmo said:

quash said:

The Baylor Line. Still the voice of alumni.
RegentCoverup
Keyser Soze said:

The media liberals won't give her credit but we aren't being blasted by feminist politicians anymore.
ABC BEAR
quash said:

Line Dancing
Mitch Blood Green
Stranger said:

atomicblast said:

Starr didn't raise squat. He announced a President's Iniative to raise $100million. It hit the wall before it totaled $30 million. He then instructed Development to play with the mumbers. LThey started counting all scholarship money that already existed. Also every dollar that existed in the various department endowments. All previously donated money. Basically there was no new money raised.

Starr was a fraud on so many levels. In addition the Title IX / athletics scandals can be placed firmly at his feet as well as the destruction of the Baylor Alumni Association.

Worst. President. Ever.

Mumbers fraud. (Giggle). I see him as you do. Today, when he's on tv, his profile never mention he's former president of Baylor.

It should be part of his resume!
drahthaar
quash said:

witchmo said:

quash said:

For a few of the Old Guard, perhaps. And it's a pretty quiet voice since most alumni "speaking" comes thru the Network. As a life member of the BAA/BLC, I don't receive the Line despite the fact that they have my contact information.
Stranger
witchmo said:

quash said:

witchmo said:

quash said:

For a few of the Old Guard, perhaps. And it's a pretty quiet voice since most alumni "speaking" comes thru the Network. As a life member of the BAA/BLC, I don't receive the Line despite the fact that they have my contact information.

If you send them some money they'll probably start sending it. I'm not sure what they're doing but the magazine ain't what it used to be.
I'm a Bearbacker
Yogi
I think she has been great.

There hasn't been a bunch of turmoil.

She keeps a low profile.

And, as a face for the university, she is fantastic.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
quash
Stranger said:

witchmo said:

quash said:

witchmo said:

quash said:

If you send them some money they'll probably start sending it. I'm not sure what they're doing but the magazine ain't what it used to be.
I like the changes, although friends my age do not.

Contact the BLF about getting your Line, they'll work it out. Could be a typo and some aggy is getting it.
Aliceinbubbleland
Yogi said:

I think she has been great.

There hasn't been a bunch of turmoil.

She keeps a low profile.

And, as a face for the university, she is fantastic.

See bold. How is that a good thing among University Presidents. Maybe that's why I know nothing of her enhancements.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Her primary job for this decade is to avoid a scandal and remind people that BU has a woman running the show. Everything else is way down the list.

Having said that she seems like a great enough lady who is very capable.
Redbrickbear
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Her primary job for this decade is to avoid a scandal and remind people that BU has a woman running the show. Everything else is way down the list.

Yea, that seems like a pretty good summation of the situation.

If she can get anything else done its should be marked down as a net positive.

But you're right....for now her main job is "don't let another scandal break out and run PR interference for the Regents with the media"
RegentCoverup

She is a talented lady and a personable one at that.

But then I think, she reports to a board made up almost entirely of self-selected people that claim some mysterious but undocumented affinity to Baylor, few of whom have any experience in higher education and even fewer have the ability to give significant money....

The net conclusion is we're pretty much just treading water ...

It's not what people say that matters, it's what they don't say. And that board has never been more quiet.

quash
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

But then I think, she reports to a board made up almost entirely of self-selected people that claim some mysterious but undocumented affinity to Baylor, few of whom have any experience in higher education and even fewer have the ability to give significant money....

It's not what people say that matters, it's what they don't say. And that board has never been more quiet.

That's a feature, not a bug.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

just treading water? I'm sure there's some truth mixed with much bias behind your statement here, not sure where the bias is sourced, because I don't care about BU politics, well other than keeping the godless heathens out of leadership.

But honestly, the scandal wasn't that long ago, and imo BU is handling it about as well as large Christian based school could handle it. We're certainly doing better than treading water on that front. We're a "soft target" for the media, and disliked by Austin & Dallas, as well as many in the national media as well. Could we do more, I'm sure, but all in all Baylor is far better off from where they were. Sometimes you can't make progress on all fronts, so you tread water in some areas while progressing in others. That's where we're at as a school imo, fixing the processes that hurt us so bad and repairing the public image. On the latter they're doing a very good job, as for the former, I don't know what else we could be doing.

As for the endowment and business side, I'd say treading water is probably accurate enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.