Today's Top 100 on Apple Music

2,754 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pecos 45
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got to listen to the first few bars of #'s 1-10. Absolute **** (dog pile for censors). Butcher of the English language, no meaning.

Now I see the generational difference. I preferred Frank Sinatra. My kids, Elvis. Grandkid, Beounce. Toddlers like Gaga.

quash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I got to listen to the first few bars of #'s 1-10. Absolute **** (dog pile for censors). Butcher of the English language, no meaning.

Now I see the generational difference. I preferred Frank Sinatra. My kids, Elvis. Grandkid, Beounce. Toddlers like Gaga.

Lady Gaga has extraordinary pipes. Check out her Julie Andrews covers, among others.
4th and Inches
quash said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Lady Gaga has extraordinary pipes. Check out her Julie Andrews covers, among others.
went and looked it up- very nice!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
quash
Gruvin said:

quash said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

went and looked it up- very nice!
First time I heard it I had never seen Lady Gaga out of costume so I didn't even know who I was listening to. Head asploded.
Mr Tulip
She's a Julliard trained musician. Her wild attire and stage show is an attention getter, and she's got a lot of bubblegum level pop songs (not necessarily bad) in her catalog, but when she wants to, she can sit down at a piano and make pure music.

(edited due to lack of "L's")
MrGolfguy
Classic case of "Don't judge a book by its cover"
fadskier
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Nicki MInaj, Cardie B....awful

I looked up lyrics and besides chock full of profanity...apparently rhyming takes precedence over making sense.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Mr Tulip
I've always wanted my hip-hop (and most other artists) to primarily have a voice. That is, have something to say with your art. A certain amount of candyfloss is fun, and life needs that fun, but your art should usually try to convey a message.

Vulgarity happens in hip-hop because a lot of hip-hop voices come from vulgar places. It can be an accurate depiction of the artist's expression. Change the coarse language, you change the meaning.

That said, Rudy Ray Moore, 2LiveCrew, etc already did the whole "shocking speech" thing. Andy Warhol already painted a bazillion soup cans. If you do it with Spaghetti-O's, you're just a poor derivative. You're gonna have to come up with something original, because we've already heard it.

I mean, I like Poison and Motley Crue. They're very much bubblegum, but again, life needs some bubblegum. A little Nicki Minaj goes a long way.
4th and Inches
Mr Tulip said:

She's a Julliard trained musician. Her wild attire and stage show is an attention getter, and she's got a lot of bubblegum level pop songs (not necessarily bad) in her catalog, but when she wants to, she can sit down at a piano and make pure music.

(edited due to lack of "L's")
amazing- the grit in her voice from bad romance is very different from her voice when singing sound of music
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
fadskier said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I looked up lyrics and besides chock full of profanity...apparently rhyming takes precedence over making sense.
there are some music artists who can be real lyrical poets in the rap genre but then there are the lil johns of the world.

–Horace

Aliceinbubbleland
quash said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

She's very good. I still prefer Julie Andrews though. Carrie Underwood is about as modern as I get.
quash
Gruvin said:

fadskier said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

there are some music artists who can be real lyrical poets in the rap genre but then there are the lil johns of the world.

Yeah!
quash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

quash said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

She's very good. I still prefer Julie Andrews though. Carrie Underwood is about as modern as I get.

Julie Andrews can't sing anymore. Lady Gaga can.
Aliceinbubbleland
That's why I have Apple Music and just ignore the top 100 crap.
Wichitabear
I agree. Julie Andrews could sing but Gaga has a set of pipes! Her special with Tony Bennett was great.
Mr Tulip
quash said:

Gruvin said:

fadskier said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Yeah!

What? What?
curtpenn
Started a Tidal Hifi subscription in late 2018 and find I now listen to more new-to-me music than I have at any time in my life. There's just an amazing amount of good music out there, including contemporary pop, rock, jazz, R&B, blues, etc, being recorded this century. Just have to look past the "Top" stuff. Streaming represents a tremendous value proposition with very good sound quality literally at one's fingertips for not much money.
quash
curtpenn said:

Started a Tidal Hifi subscription in late 2018 and find I now listen to more new-to-me music than I have at any time in my life. There's just an amazing amount of good music out there, including contemporary pop, rock, jazz, R&B, blues, etc, being recorded this century. Just have to look past the "Top" stuff. Streaming represents a tremendous value proposition with very good sound quality literally at one's fingertips for not much money.
Sirius and Pandora have shown me all kinds of acts I never heard of. None of the best music being made was represented at the Grammys.
curtpenn
quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sirius and Pandora have shown me all kinds of acts I never heard of. None of the best music being made was represented at the Grammys.
Yup. Something we can agree upon. Imagine that - lol.
Wichitabear
Music can bring people together. Lololol
Pecos 45
My father always told me to go out and sample a little bit of everything in life except incest and hip hop.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.