Pick your muscle car

2,289 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Oldbear83
Iron Claw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Okay, here are the rules...

You have to pick a muscle car that you can order from a manufacturer with no aftermarket upgrades.

I'm a Shelby Mustang guy, so I'm going with the SGT350R or SGT500. I just built a 2020 on the Ford website and it was $79k (I didn't order it). I like the history of the Shelby name, for starters. I have a 2007 SGT and it is a blast to drive on the winding roads. It's not a high HP car, 319, but built for the road course and drives like it.

I would probably go with the Dodge Challenger Hellcat as second choice. Not sure what Chevy does with the Camaro. I'm like the look of the Corvette but they just seem so pretentious.

What do y'all think?
FKA tri it
4th and Inches
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye$73,440

Stranger
1967 Camaro SS
396 cu in v8
I'm a Bearbacker
BellCountyBear
I too like the look of the modern day Challengers, but they lag in performance at the track because they weigh a ****-ton.
4th and Inches
BellCountyBear said:

I too like the look of the modern day Challengers, but they lag in performance at the track because weigh a ****-ton.
yep- challenger weighs 4400 pound but it does have 797hp. Thats better than my old one that weighed 4400 pounds and had 470hp
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Shelby Cobra

'69 RS/SS Hennessy or Hertz Camaro 427/425hp

Today....

Bugatti Veyron

Keyser Soze

1968 442 Olds - Hurst/Olds edition

Wiki:

In 1968 Oldsmobile partnered with Hurst Performance Research Corporation to create the Hurst/Olds rather than just adding Hurst shifters as with earlier models. The limited regular production run of 515 Hurst/Olds (459 Holiday Coupes/56 Sport Coupes) started out as regular 4-4-2s, but were treated to numerous distinct enhancements, both cosmetic and mechanical. All cars were painted Peruvian Silver (a Toronado color) with liberal black striping and white pinstripes, exterior and interior H/O badging (unique to '68), and a real walnut wood dash insert. Mechanically, the cars left the factory with two drive train combinations. Red 455 CID engines were backed by modified W-30 Turbo 400 automatic transmissions. A/C cars got a W-46 engine with a 3.08:1 rear while non-A/C cars got a W-45 engine with a 3.91:1 rear. While both engines were rated at 390 hp (291 kW), the W-45 engine received the cylinder heads from the W-30 and the camshaft from the W-31, making it more suitable for higher rpms. All cars came with bucket seats and a Hurst Dual-Gate shifter in a mini-console. Also standard were numerous regular 4-4-2 options such as disc brakes, heavy duty cooling, and FE2 suspension. They shared the red fender wells and ram air setup with the W-30. Popular, but not standard, additional options included the tick-tock-tach and wood-grained steering wheel. Power front disc brakes were optional.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_442#cite_note-oldcarbrochures1968-12][12][/url]
Performance for the 1968 Hurst/Olds (390 hp): 060 in 5.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.9 sec at 103 mph (166 km/h).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_442#cite_note-musclecarclub.com-13][13][/url]
Keyser Soze
New limited edition Trans AM

Replica of 77 Smokey and the Bandit Black & Gold with a modern 7.4 L V8 with 840HP

$115K price tag

fubar

This bad boy went zero - to - sixty in ... I dunno, speed limit was 55 back then. Not sure it could make that.

But I did build some muscle pushing it around.
Realitybites

Challenger.

(If you mean in current production)
BaylorOkie
Gruvin said:

2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye$73,440

+1
muddybrazos
A buddy of mine rented a charger hellcat with 750hp off of an app called turo. Damn, that car had some power. We laid a scratch going 60 and got up to 140 real fast.

I love the 442 posted above and i love the early 70s cutlasses bc my family had a 72 back when I was a kid. I also love a chevelle SS 454. I've been looking at classic cars and trucks lately and want to get one but still trying to figure what.
Iron Claw
fubar said:

This bad boy went zero - to - sixty in ... I dunno, speed limit was 55 back then. Not sure it could make that.

That's a piece of junk. Trade it in on a Gremlin or a Pacer and you're going somewhere. Ain't no chicks gonna look at you in a wagon. Loser.
FKA tri it
fubar
Iron Claw said:

fubar said:

That's a piece of junk. Trade it in on a Gremlin or a Pacer and you're going somewhere. Ain't no chicks gonna look at you in a wagon. Loser.
I don't know about a Gremlin or a Pacer, but the rest is absolutely true.

I'm living proof.
syme
Eleanor

Oldbear83
Oldbear83
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.