Post a song you like

319,287 Views | 3648 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by william
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrutalBear
deemus
A little different than what we usually post here, but this song has been a constant encouragement to me after my wife's passing. I listen every morning and when I go to bed at night.

BrutalBear
Fat Daddy
Chicago Transit Authority - Dialogue

Not the best audio,.... powerful song that is as true today and it was way back then!

Stranger
Fat Daddy said:

Not the best audio,.... powerful song that is as true today and it was way back then!

You're showing your age. Great song. Back when Chicago was good.
I'm a Bearbacker
Keyser Soze
Back when Steve Winwood was really good

Fat Daddy
Stranger said:

Fat Daddy said:

Their first three or four albums were great ....

Producers and promoters sold out to AM / Pop radio. ... songs could only be 3 - 3:30 long... and that wasn't the greatness of Chicago.... but they did become very popular and have a lot of pop hits. "If You Leave Me Now", while very popular and a huge success, isn't the same as "South California Purple". And that was the greatness of FM radio "back in the day"..... long songs, few commercials and a DJ that had a deep, but sort of quite, voice .... would announce three songs and play them. Not much commentary. The good old days!

Did you see the documentary on Terry Kath that was put together by his daughter. Outstanding!
forza orsi
Fat Daddy said:

Stranger said:

Fat Daddy said:

Producers and promoters sold out to AM / Pop radio. ... songs could only be 3 - 3:30 long... and that wasn't the greatness of Chicago.... but they did become very popular and have a lot of pop hits. "If You Leave Me Now", while very popular and a huge success, isn't the same as "South California Purple". And that was the greatness of FM radio "back in the day"..... long songs, few commercials and a DJ that had a deep, but sort of quite, voice .... would announce three songs and play them. Not much commentary. The good old days!

Did you see the documentary on Terry Kath that was put together by his daughter. Outstanding!
I agree on all of that. It's great that we can stream so much now though. Chicago at Carnegie Hall (1971) is a an all-time classic album that I listen to from time to time on Spotify.
Stranger
Fat Daddy said:

Stranger said:

Fat Daddy said:

Where can I view the Terry Kath documentary?
I'm a Bearbacker
Stranger
forza orsi said:

Fat Daddy said:

Stranger said:

Fat Daddy said:

I agree on all of that. It's great that we can stream so much now though. Chicago at Carnegie Hall (1971) is a an all-time classic album that I listen to from time to time on Spotify.

I was in the first few rows for Chicago at Marrs McLean Gym in 1971. Were you there?
I'm a Bearbacker
forza orsi
Stranger said:

forza orsi said:

Fat Daddy said:

Stranger said:

Fat Daddy said:

I was in the first few rows for Chicago at Marrs McLean Gym in 1971. Were you there?
Way cool! No, I was in junior high 1,000 miles from there. First time I saw them was Jeppeson Stadium in Houston, 1975, when they toured with their opening act, the Beach Boys.
Fat Daddy
Anyone remember this one?

Hi-de-ho - Blood Sweat & Tears

I love the opening .... and the horns throughout!

Florda_mike
Oh yeah I remember well

Thanks
Stranger
Fat Daddy said:

Anyone remember this one?

Hi-de-ho - Blood Sweat & Tears

I love the opening .... and the horns throughout!

Whatever happened to those guys? They're not in the hall of fame are they?
slimecap
Happy Labor Day weekend !

LIB,MR BEARS
Underrated song here

Stranger
slimecap said:

Brings back memories of listening to BJ & the Triumphs play that back in high school.
Stranger
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Underrated song here

One talented dude
Stranger

GoldMind
forza orsi
Stranger said:

slimecap said:

Brings back memories of listening to BJ & the Triumphs play that back in high school.
Speaking of BJ Thomas and the Triumphs in high school, it really brings back memories for me! After BJ left the Triumphs, my high school American history teacher, Don Drachenberg, was their lead singer. BJ had left the band a couple of years a couple of years earlier. Drach was a very cool guy - taught us history all week (and really good at it) and then on Friday night we'd dance to his music at Riverside Hall in East Bernard or Fairchilds Hall in Fairchilds. The band and BJ had a lot of bad feelings for years, although they have since patched things up. The Triumphs are still playing and Drach is still singing lead, and they played one of our reunions a few years back.
Here is a photo with both BJ and Drachenberg, circa 1961. Drachenberg top left, BJ Thomas top right.

In the current photo below, Drachenberg is still top left.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/The-Triumphs-112258233997/about/
Stranger
BrutalBear
Fat Daddy
Tony Joe White-

I grew up in a small, north-central Texas town innthe Wichita Falls area. There were not a lot of bands that toured that had a stop in Wichita Falls...

The Grass Roots did play Wichita Falls and Tony Joe White opened for them. Memories of my childhood!!!

Fat Daddy
The Grass Roots - "Midnight Confessions"

Stranger
Maybe their best one!
I'm a Bearbacker
Stranger
A rather mindless little ditty that has a wonderful tune that gets stuck in your head. I woke up with it stuck in mine this morning. If it sounds like something from Herb Alpert it's because he produced it.

Hope you enjoy whistling this song all day like I'm going to.

I'm a Bearbacker
william
back to a simpler time when music was fun and gay!

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Stranger
Their song written on 9-11.
Eagles

I'm a Bearbacker
deemus

william
>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<
Florda_mike
william said:

Lead singer just died?
GoldMind
deemus
Florda_mike said:

william said:

Lead singer just died?
DId he sing that one?
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.