University of Oklahoma Caught Looting Art Stolen by Nazis

1,400 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by REvansBU71
RegentCoverup
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Thankfully, they did the wise thing and returned the art, but in situations like these they had to have known that the rightful owners had claims to the art.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/arts/pissarro-oklahoma-nazi-looters.html
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
br53
They dont care since the money they confiscated from Baylor will pay for the attorneys fees. I think the offer with the French Museum at the end of the story sounded good.
RegentCoverup
br53 said:

They dont care since the money they confiscated from Baylor will pay for the attorneys fees. I think the offer with the French Museum at the end of the story sounded good.
It speaks volumes about their leadership. This was only possible because the original owners were killed in concentration camps, and they want to fall back on Oklahoma contract law?

The story is relevant for exactly the reasons you point out, a private Christian university would be crucified by the liberal media for this, but the ethics of state universities goes unchallenged.

As it is, I'll bet it gets very limited exposure in Oklahoma.
br53
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

br53 said:

It speaks volumes about their leadership. This was only possible because the original owners were killed in concentration camps, and they want to fall back on Oklahoma contract law?

The story is relevant for exactly the reasons you point out, a private Christian university would be crucified by the liberal media for this, but the ethics of state universities goes unchallenged.

Oklahoma the original land thieves
RegentCoverup
br53 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

br53 said:

Oklahoma the original land thieves
Yeah, prime opportunity for someone to run through their stadium with an oil painting while being chased...(insert image of person).
ABC BEAR
I've got some paint-by-number artwork they are welcome to display. .....not sure how many Okie's would know the difference.
Stranger
I always go to Oklahoma to view fine art
I'm a Bearbacker
br53
Stranger said:

I always go to Oklahoma to view fine art

You always got some good *****
REvansBU71
Do they take macaroni art? I have some really good pieces.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot about that casserole I made!
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.