Best Wings

4,724 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RiskyBizz Bear
BaylorOkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sound off. Not a lot to choose from where I live, as far as I know. I'm a fan of Pluckers when I get to Dallas. What else do I need to try?
Dia del DougO
I hardly ever go out for wings, because that works better when you have other humans to enjoy it with, which is rare for me and my paltry social life. Bubba's 33 in Waco had some pretty good wings last time I went.

Otherwise, these are about the best I can do (sorry it's way huge, but it's the only pic of them I could find).

They're not bad. It's raw meat so they take a while to cook in the oven. But they keep jacking up the price. I don't like the pre-cooked re-heat wings that much.

I used to make my own on the grill a lot, but it was a lot of work and mess, so I havent' done them in a while. I'd rather do ribs or burn some steaks if I'm gonna start up a grill or smoker.
J.R.
I like the wings at the Angry Dog in Dallas. Smaller than ur avg, but really good with a draft Anchor Steam
JusHappy2BeHere
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
midgett
I'm planning next week to try different ways of smoking wings myself. The key will getting them crispy which will require some time at higher heat. I will experiment with various rubs. I'm open to suggestions!

FWIW, I'm not big on hot wings. I'm a big fan of Popeye's fried chicken!
Dia del DougO
I made these in the oven as an experiment. Pretty dang good.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Gust Avrakotos
In Houston.....and I can't believe I am typing this...

....but Wing Stop has really good wings. The problem is...their service is absolutely horrible. They hire mutants.

Papa's Burger on Westheimer also has really good wings.

Before it got engulfed in the hood and closed.....SRO had some amazing wings as well.

Gust
BellCountyBear
Yes, I like Hooter's for the wings. True story.
clavix
I love wings! And for my next trip I'd love to try San Diego's Dirty Birds chicken wings, as what they say " To travel is to eat". Can't wait
Wineguy89
midgett said:

I'm planning next week to try different ways of smoking wings myself. The key will getting them crispy which will require some time at higher heat. I will experiment with various rubs. I'm open to suggestions!

FWIW, I'm not big on hot wings. I'm a big fan of Popeye's fried chicken!

The trick for crispy wings (even smoked or baked) is covering them with a dusting of potato starch first and then letting them rest in a fridge for a couple of hours before cooking.

Great stuff I swear, try it!! (And you can find the starch on Amazon) . You're welcome!!
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
RiskyBizz Bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.