Apparently the fairly new Heitmillers at Legend's Crossing shut down on Monday.

3,371 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Yogi
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to the Trib, the owners got an unsolicited offer they couldnt refuse and sold the building to Los Cucos Mexican Cafe--apparently a regional chain based out of Houston. Per the Trib.
bularry
Los Cucos is pretty good regional chain Mexican food
Stranger
I never understood why Heitmillers built a second location within a five minute drive of their main location. . . . and in a spot where another restaurant had gone broke pretty quickly
I'm a Bearbacker
4th and Inches
Great! Another Mexican restaurant...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
PartyBear
Stranger said:

I never understood why Heitmillers built a second location within a five minute drive of their main location. . . . and in a spot where another restaurant had gone broke pretty quickly
That original restaurant in that building had chain wide issues. It wasnt a Waco issue. I cannot remember the name of that place right now. It was a chain named after a motor oil (odd) and was car themed. I also dont think Heitmiller's closed due to lack of business. The owner said they got an unsolicited offer from this chain that they could not turn down. So they sold the building to them. They had just bought the building a couple of years ago, so I imagine they got a big and quick turn around profit to make it worth shutting it down.
PartyBear
Gruvin said:

Great! Another Mexican restaurant...
I was kind of thinking that myself. A new Mexican chain going about 1000 feet from Chuy's and across the 340 from Don Carlos'. Chuy's is just not going to be knocked off the thrown at that site.
Lund Vernquist
Quaker Steak & Lube. IIRC, a wealthy Dallas guy built it because it was his Baylor undergrad son's favorite restaurant.
Nguyen One Soon
bularry said:

Los Cucos is pretty good regional chain Mexican food
Hopefully it will be better than their location in New Braunfels.
loyalbear60
Cucos might equal the MOB run
CorsicanaBear
I'll wait to go to render judgement, but Waco does not need another crappy Mexican restaurant. What they need is a decent Mexican Restaurant. Something more like Mi Cocina, Cyclone Anaya's, El Tiempo. Something a little more up market.

Just about any kind of new up market restaurant would be appreciated.
Illigitimus non carborundum
1outawayBear
Ugh I grew up with a lol cucos two miles from
Our house in west Austin...went once and never went back..

Now they follow me to Waco.
Yogi
Los Cucos is greatness.

Try the deep fried avocado.

Sure, you may clog your arteries, but it's worth every bite!!!
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.