To hand crafted beers made in local breweries

2,231 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Lund Vernquist
El Oso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll be in Waco next Monday. Where's a good place to get a growler, or two, filled?

Sic em Beers seems to be the only thing open on a cursory web search.
baylrballa
Bare arms.
El Oso
Closed on Mondays according to the Internet.

A lot of these kind of places are closed on Monday, but that's the day I will be in Waco.
BenBear83
Bare Arms has good beer. Filled my growler with a good lager for about $11.00.
gobears.
Have a question about growlers as I have never had one. Do they seal the growler after they fill it? if not, can you be ticketed for open container?
baylrballa
gobears. said:

Have a question about growlers as I have never had one. Do they seal the growler after they fill it? if not, can you be ticketed for open container?
technically they are open containers. Put it in your trunk or as far away from drivers seat as possible when driving. Crowlers are sealed differently so therefore not.
El Oso
gobears. said:

It's sealed but with a twist off lid much like any liquor bottle you would buy. The difference is the plastic wrap that is on most liquor bottles "sealing" the lid completely is gone.

You're going to laugh but I put the growler in the car seat in the back seat--it holds up to three. If the kid came along, he holds it still the whole way home (he can only hold two, so sometimes he stays home just on principle).
Lund Vernquist
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.