Mexican Resorts Safe?

2,498 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WILLIS
Grumpy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With all the reports coming out south of the border of gang violence and tainted alcohol now even at popular resort locales, are any luxury beach resorts safe? What say you?
Keyser Soze
Grumpy said:

With all the reports coming out south of the border of gang violence and tainted alcohol now even at popular resort locales, are any luxury beach resorts safe? What say you?

I was at Club Med Cancun not long ago - zero concern. But it was an all inclusive with good food and little reason to travel outside resort.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I spend a week or so every year in Nuevo Laredo. Good times. Never had a real problem.
nortbear91
headed to Cabo in March for 5 days.
BearChick
We actually have a good friend that the alcohol thing happened to at the end of the summer at a good resort in Cancun. His wife is a Spanish teacher, too, so it's not like they were taking advantage of the dumb Americans who couldn't speak the language or don't know about Mexico.

We went out with our Cozumel regular dive shop in December and the girl on the boat with us said it was their slowest December in years and they assumed it was because of the travel warnings. She told me she would not travel to Cancun personally. And we're pretty sure we saw a drug shooting on the way to the Cancun airport from Playa. Crazy.
WILLIS
Going to Cabo for Easter weekend. No concern.

Went to Cancun last year for anniversary around April/May. All inclusive food/drinks, adults only, etc. Live Aqua resort. Couldn't have had a better trip. No concern there either.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.