Best beers you can't get in TX

8,141 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaylorGuy314
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorGuy314 said:

I am going to get railed for this but I like light beer. I respect an ale but I like my beer to be light and refreshing. Maybe that's because drinking a stout or ale in 100 degree heat on a boat or at a tailgate or on the beach just sounds miserable to me.

As such, I really like caribbean lagers. My far and away favorite is Carib which I've yet to find stateside. I've seen it online but they won't ship to Texas. I also like Piton out of St Lucia. Kalik out of the Caymans isn't bad either.

If you ever see it on the menu, get the Tannenzapfle Pilsner. It's brewed in Rothaus, Germany, and it's one of the better Pilsners I've ever had, for the light beer lovers.
BaylorGuy314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoldMind said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

I am going to get railed for this but I like light beer. I respect an ale but I like my beer to be light and refreshing. Maybe that's because drinking a stout or ale in 100 degree heat on a boat or at a tailgate or on the beach just sounds miserable to me.

As such, I really like caribbean lagers. My far and away favorite is Carib which I've yet to find stateside. I've seen it online but they won't ship to Texas. I also like Piton out of St Lucia. Kalik out of the Caymans isn't bad either.

Urban legend that Kalik is made with seawater
If you drink enough of it, it doesn't matter.

Admittedly, I might have been a little swayed by the ambiance of Seven Mile Beach.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.