Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,452 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoldMind said:

My bad, just be careful trying to justify paying the second most important offensive player the same money as the long snapper.
Rather maybe, justify why you think that the RB is the second most important offensive player in our offense. That would make more sense
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

My bad, just be careful trying to justify paying the second most important offensive player the same money as the long snapper.
Rather maybe, justify why you think that the RB is the second most important offensive player in our offense. That would make more sense

Which isn't even the argument. No one questions the role of a RB, but what Goldy can't accept is that the volume of RBs available coupled with their short shelf life creates a market where they can be pooled and easily replaced. The ones that are the exceptions are ones who become all purpose threats as receivers and returners.

Something that is starting to happen at WR as well if you aren't at least a borderline WR1.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

He has three jobs.

Everyone else besides the QB has 1. Linemen block, linebackers tackle, receivers catch, DBs defend the pass and so on.

Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Rather maybe, justify why you think that the RB is the second most important offensive player in our offense. That would make more sens

He has three jobs.

Everyone else besides the QB has 1. Linemen block, linebackers tackle, receivers catch, DBs defend the pass and so on.

Not sure why you think that makes him the second most important offensive player. Just the numbers paid to thye various positions would argue otherwise
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Rather maybe, justify why you think that the RB is the second most important offensive player in our offense. That would make more sens

He has three jobs.

Not sure why you think that makes him the second most important offensive player. Just the numbers paid to thye various positions would argue otherwise

The cooks shouldn't get manager money for doing one job.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

He has three jobs.

You have a very strange view of football and the way it works goldie.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

He has three jobs.

I don't think you actually ever played the game, or if you did it wasn't a position where you were responsible for the ball. You'd know what I'm talking about when I say RB has 3 jobs.
BearForce
Given what we aren't doing in free agency and contracts, this feels like a draft where you need to accumulate darts and throw as many as you can. I think this would do well if that is the approach they are taking.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

Given what we aren't doing in free agency and contracts, this feels like a draft where you need to accumulate darts and throw as many as you can. I think this would do well if that is the approach they are taking.

That one
BearForce
This certainly doesn't pigeon hole you for a LT if they are really going this direction.

Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

He has three jobs.

I don't think you actually ever played the game, or if you did it wasn't a position where you were responsible for the ball. You'd know what I'm talking about when I say RB has 3 jobs.

Actually I did. I played on a football scholarship on three National Championship teams from 1974-76. 39-0 during those three years. And the position? FB in the Veer.

Just how good were we? One #1 Draft pick, 3#2 draft picks and several #3s to go with a slew of other NFL or USFL draft picks

How about you?
Assassin
BearForce said:

This certainly doesn't pigeon hole you for a LT if they are really going this direction.

As expected. Lets us draft for OG or OT instead if they dont like who drops to them
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

He has three jobs.

Actually I did. I played on a football scholarship on three National Championship teams from 1974-76. 39-0 during those three years. And the position? FB in the Veer.

Just how good were we? One #1 Draft pick, 3#2 draft picks and several #3s to go with a slew of other NFL or USFL draft picks

How about you?

That's cool, I don't care if you won 10 national championships. Running backs should be paid better.

Run
Block
Catch passes

Linemen block
Receivers catch
Linebackers tackle

One job, not 3.

I'm enjoying the FB group btw, I'm glad you post a ton of Baylor stuff so it's not completely overrun with aggy and horn crapola
Jack Bauer
There it is! The master plan for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl!

Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

He has three jobs.

How about you?

That's cool, I don't care if you won 10 national championships. Running backs should be paid better.

Run
Block
Catch passes

Linemen block
Receivers catch
Linebackers tackle

One job, not 3.

I'm enjoying the FB group btw, I'm glad you post a ton of Baylor stuff so it's not completely overrun with aggy and horn crapola
Thanks. The Horn Tshirt fans are the ones taht drive me nutz
BearkatBear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

As expected. Lets us draft for OG or OT instead if they dont like who drops to them
best OL available should be the pick at 24. figure out positions during camp
Assassin
BearkatBear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Yep. I know they really love to have the twin All Pro OGs AT OG, but Tyler is just as good at LOT
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearkatBear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Yep. I know they really love to have the twin All Pro OGs AT OG, but Tyler is just as good at LOT

You're welcome

Assassin
Did this draft based on one thing, scouted and like Patrick Paul, OT from Houston enough to give him a possible starting shot at either OG or OT in his rookie year. Tradebacks up and down. Ended up adding Texans 2nd and 3rd next year plus Tampa's 4th next year. Lots of potential here. I could live with the draft AS LONG as Paul pans out. The rest of these guys would be a fantastic draft... even picked up a potential Practice Squad QB in Austin Reed.

Patrick Paul
OT
Houston

T'Vondre Sweat
DT
Texas

Braelon Allen
RB
Wisconsin

Jeremiah Trotter Jr.
LB
Clemson

Josh Newton
CB
TCU

Malik Washington
WR
Virginia

Trey Taylor
S
Air Force

Charles Turner III
OC
LSU

Sione Vaki
S
Utah

Logan Lee
DT
Iowa

Austin Reed
QB
Western Kentucky

2025 TB 4th
2025 HOU 3rd
2025 HOU 2nd
Assassin
The more I look at Trotter, the more I like him. First, just to piss off the Eagles who want him badly. And the kid has talent. Trotter starred at Clemson, earning Second Team All-American honors in each of the past two seasons. He's the only FBS player with five-plus sacks and two-plus interceptions in each of the past two seasons, totaling 12 sacks, 28 tackles for loss and four interceptions in that span.
Assassin
Really liking Braelon Allen from Wisconsin. Dude has the cheeze! 6'2, 245. Would be our biggest RB in years

Assassin
Assassin said:

Really liking Braelon Allen from Wisconsin. Dude has the cheeze! 6'2, 245. Would be our biggest RB in years
Was Lincoln Coleman biggest Cowboy back at 250? (Baylor Bear too)
GoldMind
You think we might draft Daks replacement?
BearForce
The NFL adopts the XFL kickoff. Some interesting tidbits that could affect future roster construction...and Goldy, there is some good news for RBs in this:

trey3216
BearForce said:

The NFL adopts the XFL kickoff. Some interesting tidbits that could affect future roster construction...and Goldy, there is some good news for RBs in this:

We have 2 of those guys on the roster right now....Deuce and Turpin
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Not in the first round for sure. But if someone is sitting there in round 2 that has upside, who knows?
BearForce
Yep
BearForce
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Not in the first round for sure. But if someone is sitting there in round 2 that has upside, who knows?

I keep seeing Penix mid-2nd round. If he got to around 45 I think I would consider it if you are going to draft a QB.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

I keep seeing Penix mid-2nd round. If he got to around 45 I think I would consider it if you are going to draft a QB.
Penix would be a steal at our 2nd rounder. We would need to take a look at his WRs and make sure they catch passes OK from lefties. Its a different spin coming off the ball
Assassin
DMN

Rico Dowdle and fullback Hunter Luepke are among the running backs under contract.
Elliott or Cook could factor into that rotation. Elliott has maintained strong relationships within the building. Cook, a repeat team captain under Zimmer, would embrace being back with him.
"I think we definitely want to add to the running back room," coach Mike McCarthy said. "We're not done with that room by no means, whether it's a veteran, whether it is a draft pick. Signing Rico back was important. He's definitely someone that was part of the one-two rotation last year, so we feel good about him.
"But we've got some young guys in here that look to [make a] jump. .... You look at Hunter, Deuce [Vaughn] and even Malik [Davis]. I'm expecting them to take a big jump and compete for playing time."
Signing both Elliott and Cook seems unlikely, given the importance of youth in the backfield.
That said, the free-agent backs suit what the club is seeking. The Cowboys missed punch in their backfield last season, too often stalling in short-yardage situations. Despite leading the NFL with 29.4 points in average team scoring, they scored a touchdown on 64.1% of goal-to-go opportunities, seventh-worst in the NFL.
Tony Pollard, for all his strengths, was unable to consistently close drives. A two-play sequence in Week 16 became a microcosm.
First Page Refresh
Page 843 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.