Football
Sponsored by

Baylor Up To 15 In Coaches Poll

5,800 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DavidCorreaBU
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/
nein51
If we played the teams ranked 16-25 tomorrow how many of those do you think we could beat?
Mitch Henessey
quote:
If we played the teams ranked 16-25 tomorrow how many of those do you think we could beat?
100%, but only if we played them one at a time.
tidebear
quote:
quote:
100%, but only if we played them one at a time.

There isn't a team in that range that Baylor couldn't beat.
nein51
Man you guys are really optimistic.
tidebear
quote:
Man you guys are really optimistic.

Why couldn't Baylor beat any of them? Because they haven't met your expectations? There isn't a team in that range without some form of flaw that Baylor could exploit.

Maybe you're simply pessimistic.
nein51
That's probably true (pessimism).

All of those teams have flaws. I'm not saying we would get clobbered by them. We could play with all of them. From what I have seen this far I don't see beating many though.
guitarbear
Th real games begin this week so we will know soon enough if we are over or under ranked.
George Truett
Good move up.

Next Saturday will tell the tale.
Henry Gondorff
We did not look like world beaters in non-conf last year, either.

We will know a lot more about this team on Saturday night. This conference is wide open. Lots of mediocrity, so why not win it?
busports
We will look a lot better if the receivers catch the ball. It is hard to get pace and rhythm with all of the drops and penalties. I've given up on the penalties. Besides we've overcome those in the past.

The defense will give up plays but hopefully they will continue to get takeaways.
Edmond Bear
quote:
We will look a lot better if the receivers catch the ball. It is hard to get pace and rhythm with all of the drops and penalties. I've given up on the penalties. Besides we've overcome those in the past.

The defense will give up plays but hopefully they will continue to get takeaways.

Rudolph throws high arching slow rainbows. We should have a chance at some interceptions this week.
bbqbear
For a little comic relief it is always good to check out what ole Jon Wilner is up to with his AP vote.

Last week he had Texas at #2. This week Texas is gone from his poll.

Of course Baylor has yet to crack his top 25.
Florda_mike
HUUUGGGEEE difference tween top 5-7 teams in country and the rest of em

We've gotten used to top 5-7 and not what we are now watching ........... apparently
Malbear
I don't get all of the pessimism. Our defense has been pretty dominant. And, when you say, "we've played no one", I will immediately point you to the other highly ranked teams that have played the same "no one's" with inferior results. Sure, we have things to work on. But, we have the talent to fix those things. We have given up 32 points all year and we have won every game comfortably. OSU is a step up in competition for sure but this team is ready.

Sic'em Bears!
Grinnin bear
Again, Ok St, OU, TCU, and UT are very flawed teams.

Our defense is actually decent.

If our OL will not jump off once per drive and our WRs will catch, we can do some real damage.
Grinnin bear
Btw, UGA is going to lose their next 2 games. They are majorly over ranked.
osoprimo
quote:

+1

would like to give a shout out to Seth for putting the ball on the money mostly Friday night - and to KD for looking like the No.1 draft pick again!

where's our OLine? Where's our DLine? Allowing Rice(!!) to run up and down the field on us is not a good omen but let's enjoy 3-0 for today.
CalmJohn
He should be banned from voting
jimdue
quote:
Probably about 50% of those teams. And I would say more or less the same thing for the other teams ranked in the range. They are all basically good but not great teams.
ClayLake
Florida moves up 7 after beating UNT?
Bearicade
quote:

Well, we moved up quite a bit too after beating Rice...
DavidCorreaBU
quote:
Aggie moved up to 10 for beating unranked Auburn. SEC SEC SEC!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.