Football
Sponsored by

Is this how you see our win total?

860 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Grumpy
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
historian
As usual, Texas is overrated. It will be funny if they don't even get a bowl game.

Ideally, they will lose both conference games in September (Baylor & Kansas).
β€œIncline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Aberzombie1892
gobears20 said:

It's so unfortunate that this 2023 season signals the Big 12's entrance into the world where conference teams have different conference opponents on their schedule due to the conference having more than 10 teams. The take is reasonable, but it may be a bit soft on Kansas and aggressive on Oklahoma State.
Mr Tulip
I believe KSU is finally starting the correct QB. While they lose their linchpin RB Vaughn, Kleimann seems to find an in-system player to replace the losses. They'll be tough.
TCU lost the nexus of their team to the draft. However, they punched way above their weight in the portal. They have the pieces to be a threat again.
I'm not sure why OU keeps getting love. Venables inherited a hodge-podge team last year. Everyone wondered if his coaching accumen could meld them into a fighting force. The result was a babyshambles. He's got an even more hodge-podge team next season. Maybe it goes better, but there's no reason to assume it will, and every reason to assume it won't.
Why should I think Tech will be anything other than a "beat the best teams on a good day, lose to an average team every other day" program? They're not developing talent, acquiring it, nor fixing problems.
I feel like oSu and ISU have had their moments. They had some outlier talent on campus at the same time, won some big games, had some laughs, and now returning to their mean.

The likelihood is that the majority of the Big 12 will spend the fall beating up on each other with a collection of good-but-not-great programs. Sure, there's a chance someone has the chips fall their way like TCU last season, but the odds favor a middling campaign.
Grumpy
Yes, I believe Baylor will win 7.5 games this season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.