Football
Sponsored by

Saban, like a lot of other SEC coaches, favors an NFL model for college football: "Un

660 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by JustWinBears
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
parch
Sounds like sour sarcasm from Little Nicky given that he stands to lose the most from a more balanced system, but he's correct about going to the NFL model for the wrong reasons.

In the NFL, collective bargaining codifies budgets for the purpose of operational parity. In college football, the purpose of collective bargaining will be to bring some measure of order to the chaos - standardizing the portal more, stabilizing transfers, regulating NIL payments etc.

There is no scenario I can see anywhere even over the horizon where college football becomes collectivized to the degree the NFL is. The SEC would have to break away and create its own super league for that to even be a remote possibility.
JustWinBears
parch said:

Sounds like sour sarcasm from Little Nicky given that he stands to lose the most from a more balanced system, but he's correct about going to the NFL model for the wrong reasons.

In the NFL, collective bargaining codifies budgets for the purpose of operational parity. In college football, the purpose of collective bargaining will be to bring some measure of order to the chaos - standardizing the portal more, stabilizing transfers, regulating NIL payments etc.

There is no scenario I can see anywhere even over the horizon where college football becomes collectivized to the degree the NFL is. The SEC would have to break away and create its own super league for that to even be a remote possibility.

I just can't see any college semipro type approach working. Do I watch SEC games now? Sometimes depending on who they are playing and if it has importance to Baylor in some way. Will I watch SEC games if there is no Baylor involved? No, and neither will millions of others that are fans of those teams that aren't invited to a nfl type system.

Their viewer base will shrink dramatically if they cut out a good portion of schools as interest wouldn't be there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.