Football
Sponsored by

The Pac-12 will not announce a new TV deal this week

4,237 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CorsicanaBear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
gobears20
Staff
You can't make this stuff up lolol

Who said this lol
whitetrash
And in other news....

gobears20
Staff
Classic! Good ole Chevy!
gobears20
Staff
EatMoreSalmon
They will, however, be able to announce their deal with iheart radio and western union telegraph.

historian
It's still not the day!

The Pac 10 is never going to get the deal they want. Who do they think they are fooling?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUGWBBear
The Ocho won't even touch this shyte show.
PartyBear
historian said:

It's still not the day!

The Pac 10 is never going to get the deal they want. Who do they think they are fooling?
Apparently every Pac 12 President. They all seem to go along with "just wait until you see what I have for you in 3 weeks" every 3 weeks for over a year now.
BearFan33
Kliavkoff's bluff may be a class at Stanford in the future.
historian
Someone's version of hell! Kicking the fan down the road forever….

(Of course, that pales in comparison to the real thing)
historian
Kendall Kaut nailed it:

"I have mentioned how annoying realignment has gotten. Nothing ever seems to happen. And in the realm of nothing happens, nothing happens the most with the PAC-12's TV deal."
blackie
I've been reading one of the Oregon fan boards for a while. Fans from other PAC schools post there as well, primarily Oregon State and the two Washington schools. Most of the posters seem to be middle-aged or older without the **** that sometimes goes on in here. In other words, they stick to the topic and not delve into the lineage and ancestry (and other things) of the poster. They don't use the football board for political shots, either. Bottom line, an apparently legitimate group of people.

HOWEVER......I have seldom seen a bunch of people that think so highly of themselves. They almost put the Texas arrogance and entitlement to shame. They are convinced that the package they get will far exceed that of the Big 12 and that they are far superior to anyone other than the B1G and the SEC. They see the streaming as the wave of the future and they are getting in on the ground floor, versus seeing it as a last resort. Their delaying has already screwed SDSU, although SDSU did a good job on their own.

Who knows, there may be some idiot media executives out there that way overpay for games that are, other than a few, snore-a-thons, and they will get a great deal, but that seems to fly in the face of facts. For me, I would sure like to buy them for what they are actually worth and sell them for what they think they are worth. I could fill up a lot of food banks with that profit.
PartyBear
So blackie these Oregon and some UW folks who post there are talking about the Pac deal and how great it will be and are no longer talking about their imminent invite any day now to the BiG?
BearlyBeloved
The PAC-12 keeps singing the same songs:

• "I Will Survive"
  • "All I Need Is A Miracle"
  • "The Impossible Dream"
  • "It's Now or Never"
  • "I Believe in Miracles"
Aberzombie1892
It will be interesting to see how this deal develops.
blackie
PartyBear said:

So blackie these Oregon and some UW folks who post there are talking about the Pac deal and how great it will be and are no longer talking about their imminent invite any day now to the BiG?
There hasn't been so much of that as time has passed, but for some they believe it is inevitable that they will be members at some point. This delay just puts them in better position for when realignment comes up again. A few hold out that the offer was made for them to join but only as a reduced payout that they couldn't accept.

Others essentially rationalize the situation by pointing out that Oregon can be a perennial participant in the CFP because they are the top dog in the conference while recognizing that if in the B1G, those appearances would be in jeopardy because of the strength already in the B1G. The other point continually brought up is how they are a national brand and followed all across the country.
historian
BearlyBeloved said:

The PAC-12 keeps singing the same songs:

• "I Will Survive"
  • "All I Need Is A Miracle"
  • "The Impossible Dream"
  • "It's Now or Never"
  • "I Believe in Miracles"

Those songs should be played constantly during their media day & whenever they are brought up regarding realignment, especially the one from Man of La Mancha.
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
historian
It seems to me that they are not announcing a deal this week because there's nowhere close to having one. Same ole, same ole.

Yawn
PartyBear
If Scheer is correct why would the CU Chancellor try to publicly put GK on the spot, if he isnt going to follow through with his not having an answer while publicly on the spot from one of the member schools. It is one thing if he put him on the spot to set up the Chancellor today announcing something along the lines of " we regret it has come to this but we really have no choice at this point but to leave, GK still had nothing more to give us yesterday as he did last July." But to put GK on the spot only to let it go knowing he had nothing when he put him on the spot in the first place is also pretty weak.
BBWCBear
"waiting is going to result in better deals than the league would have gotten three, six, nine months ago".

That possibly could be true… or false. I understand specific schools wanting to wait until #'s are factual. Technically, they have almost until years' end to announce deal or no deal. WHAT IS THE LATEST any/all corner schools have to declare for Big 12 in order to participate 2024?
Russell Gym
Seems like I have read that part of the current strategy is to run out the clock on school's windows to leave the PAC without a higher exit fee, thereby enticing them to stay put when the bad deal is eventually reached. I have no idea if that is accurate.
Aberzombie1892
Russell Gym said:

Seems like I have read that part of the current strategy is to run out the clock on school's windows to leave the PAC without a higher exit fee, thereby enticing them to stay put when the bad deal is eventually reached. I have no idea if that is accurate.

This is certainly false as there is no GOR in place that would dictate the required payment of such increased amounts.
Stefano DiMera
This is from a Forbes article a few years ago

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2016/07/p5-exit-fees.html
BylrFan
Stefano DiMera said:

This is from a Forbes article a few years ago

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2016/07/p5-exit-fees.html
yep. no exit fee or tie downs after july 2024. There's no contract after that.
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
historian
In other words, more of the same stupid nonsense they've been doing for a year.
EatMoreSalmon
gobears20 said:

Kliavkoff prepping for presser…
gobears20
Staff
historian
Sounds like it might be another red herring. If it's contingent on the Pac 10 having a media deal & they don't have one, then the talks are meaningless. And why would the ACC be talking about an alliance with a zombie conference 3,000 miles away unless they fear they will be in the same boat in a few years. If that boat is the Titanic, both are just shuffling deck chairs. An exercise in futility, it seems.
bossbowman
gobears20 said:

2 of the 3 trying to rekindle the Alliance, LOL
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.