so much spam lately

2,583 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by jikespingleton
Noghri
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess a hacker broke Fanatics algorithm for new accounts.
BERFAN
Way too many. I don't even see a way to report them as spam. Mods need to monitor it closer.
Hotsauce
Kinda speaks to the lack of moderation on these boards as well...
Mitch Henessey
"rEmEmBeR, yOu gUyS aSkEd fOr LitTLe mOdErAtiOn. wE'rE jUsT GiViNg yOu wHaT yOu wAnTeD!"

- site owners to the free boards, probably
Bear8084
No one has used a "bursting strength tester" in this forum and it shows.
Daveisabovereproach
The only time the mods pay attention to the free board is when Mack Rhoades or Linda Livingstone are being spoken negatively about and the post(s) are getting too many blue stars. Then they (or one of their aliases) swoop in like Spider Man
bear2be2
Mitch Henessey said:

"rEmEmBeR, yOu gUyS aSkEd fOr LitTLe mOdErAtiOn. wE'rE jUsT GiViNg yOu wHaT yOu wAnTeD!"

I don't think they monitor/moderate the free boards at all. They just depend on flags to delete anything. And apparently it takes two flags to get a post removed.
Noghri
BERFAN said:

Way too many. I don't even see a way to report them as spam. Mods need to monitor it closer.

Click the three dots beside a post (where you can respond). Then you can report the post as Spam

In time, the mods will delete the threads.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Noghri said:

BERFAN said:

Click the three dots beside a post (where you can respond). Then you can report the post as Spam

Usually within an hour.
Karab
bear2be2 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

I don't think they monitor/moderate the free boards at all. They just depend on flags to delete anything. And apparently it takes two flags to get a post removed.

I have a feeling not all flags are treated equally.

They actually react to spam flags pretty quickly.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Karab said:

bear2be2 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

I have a feeling not all flags are treated equally.

They actually react to spam flags pretty quickly.
Flags for posters getting into a pissing match are treated differently since they're actual people and not a bot we delete and ban immediately.
BUGWBBear
Dia del DougO
BERFAN said:

This right here.

Eradicate scamscum.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
Noghri said:

BERFAN said:

OK, good that its there. But I spent about 10 minutes looking for it last night and gave up. It needs to be easier to find.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Y'all want moderation?
whitetrash
Brian Ethridge said:

Y'all want moderation?

In moderation, yes.
LIB,MR BEARS
Brian Ethridge said:

Y'all want moderation?

WE WANT THE TRUTH
Fre3dombear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Y'all want moderation?

WE WANT THE TRUTH

You can't handle the truth
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Fre3dombear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Y'all want moderation?

WE WANT THE TRUTH

You can't handle the truth

You need me on that wall
BERFAN
The mobile version has the 3 dots. The computer version does not. I tried on 4 different computers. Tried to post a screenshot but it told me too many characters. Maybe that is something that could be looked at.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Also, anyone notice the "AI" generated reaponses in some threads. We need a flag for "AI Response Spam", so we can weed out the fake posters.
LIB,MR BEARS
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Also, anyone notice the "AI" generated reaponses in some threads. We need a flag for "AI Response Spam", so we can weed out the fake posters.

and a UI Response

Un Intelligent
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

and a UI Response

Un Intelligent

if there was a "UI" flag, well sadly most of us would be getting flagged all the time. Some more than others...
Dia del DougO
BERFAN said:

The mobile version has the 3 dots. The computer version does not. I tried on 4 different computers. Tried to post a screenshot but it told me too many characters. Maybe that is something that could be looked at.
I guess that's why I couldn't find it. I only surf here from the PC.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dia del DougO said:

BERFAN said:

I guess that's why I couldn't find it. I only surf here from the PC.

Noghri
BainMoos said:

The amount of spam these days is just out of control. Every other call or message is trying to sell me something I don't need. It's annoying when you're expecting an important message, and it turns out to be spam. I've been using sites like …Deleted link..look up numbers when I need clarification. It helps filter out junk and gives me a heads-up if it's dodgy. Have you tried blocking the numbers? It's not a perfect fix, but it does help a bit. It feels like we're all in the same boat!

Ok. This is ironic.
bear2be2
Noghri said:

BainMoos said:

The amount of spam these days is just out of control. Every other call or message is trying to sell me something I don't need. It's annoying when you're expecting an important message, and it turns out to be spam. I've been using sites like …Deleted link..look up numbers when I need clarification. It helps filter out junk and gives me a heads-up if it's dodgy. Have you tried blocking the numbers? It's not a perfect fix, but it does help a bit. It feels like we're all in the same boat!

Ok. This is ironic.

I almost posted the same thing this morning. A spam bot necro posting on a months-old thread about spam is some Black Mirror or Twilight Zone level dystopian meta *****

On the bright side, AI isn't yet self aware, so us humans have a few more years to live.
jikespingleton
bear2be2 said:

Noghri said:

BainMoos said:

Ok. This is ironic.

On the bright side, AI isn't yet self aware, so us humans have a few more years to live.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.