Football
Sponsored by

Quotes and updates from Spring football

12,784 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Daveisabovereproach
Daveisabovereproach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBWCBear said:

LTBear19 said:

I hope it works out well, but does this sound like it has the potential to be a "clashing of personalities' situation?
I'll never be comfortable with this "addition" to the coaching staff. I'll always be suspicious of intent. I just don't trust the guy. Probably a "clash" at the most inopportune time of the Season... if there is an Inopportune Time, assuming we move from one win to possibly more.

I'm not convinced it was anything more than an addition for optics sake. Dave had to show that he was thinking outside the box this off-season. He knows his seat is hot. What has he got to lose?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
I don't have a subscription so I'm not sure what all this covers

Daveisabovereproach
boognish_bear said:

I don't have a subscription so I'm not sure what all this covers

Main takeaway is that he is indeed on the hot seat, but how hot is debatable. Rhoades mentions "playing hard" as a criteria for evaluating a coach as well as a few other things. They all also talked about how they are now downplaying the "person over player" thing. Overshown basically admitted that it's a stupid slogan, hence why they haven't used it much if at all since December. They basically evaluate the roster holistically, and if we have enough nice guys we can take players with more baggage.

Overall, it reinforces the idea in my mind that we're throwing a handful of darts at the wall and hoping something sticks in regards to Aranda and the offseason. I think it's also about the closest thing we're going to get to an admission of failure on the "person over player" philosophy. When a private school with limited resources is paying you millions, you either get results, or you get fired

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.