Football
Sponsored by

Rhule is in breach of the contract if this continues.

3,533 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OnField6158
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Surely his contract requires performance. A buyout or full buyout is in effect if it is the school (employer) that breaches the contract.

Caveat I have not read the contract. But surely it seems basic principals apply to it, other wise it isn't a contract.
xiledinok
No, that's not the way it works.
Rhule is going to get two years.
Coaches get more time when the replace disgraced staffs and coaches.
BaylorOkie
You have mentioned this several times and it's an interesting thought. But I doubt performance will be a factor here. First, I doubt it actually is in the contract. And if it is, it would be very subjective and the minimum requirements would be very low.

If this BOMFR paid Briles millions to go away, Rhule is safe.
PartyBear
Taking a team 45% of whom played for 10 win teams here and a team that won a bowl 9 months ago and making them winless is the disgraced staff that is in breach. Unless a minimum performance is to put some things in your office and appear on the sidelines in coaching gear during the game--which I doubt is all Baylor wanted in exchange for 4 million a year.
ImwithBU
PartyBear said:

Taking a team 45% of whom played for 10 win teams here and a team that won a bowl 9 months ago and making them winless is the disgraced staff that is in breach. Unless a minimum performance is to put some things in your office and appear on the sidelines in coaching gear during the game--which I doubt is all Baylor wanted in exchange for 4 million a year.

That same team managed to rattle off 6 straight losses before that bowl win. I swear we have some of the dumbest fans in the nation. Some of you are so use being just Baylor you cant get out of your own way. We get it you dont like Matt Rhule, but understand this no one give a damn about what you think
PartyBear
I have nothing against Rhule personally. I was a big defender of his before his results came in. I don't like this Steele era bs.--which you apparently you think is fine. It is inexplicable to be 0-3 having only faced Liberty, UTSA and Duke. I see it as his heading to breach of his contract.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

1-9 over the last 10. You buy into every recruit being a star. We are getting beat up front. Baylor Bear Offensive line and D Line are not strongly recruited units. 2016 was a big offensive line class because 2014-2015 were thin ones. You see why freshmen are playing.
ImwithBU
Folks this is the result of the 2016, If you cant see that I cant help you. We are depleted at several positions. 3 freshman RBs, A true Soph at QB (who is still learning the playbook), WRs that wouldnt start on other teams in the Big 12, and dont get me started on the O line. Give the guy a chance to get his players into his system. Yea the loses suck, but they are what they are. The improvements most of these players are making are evident for those that are actually studying the game and not focusing on the end result only. Like I said before Baylor has sucked ass in football for decades, is one year really going to kill you. Fans support the team, bandwagoners do what a lot of you clowns are doing
bobo
xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

1-9 over the last 10. You buy into every recruit being a star. We are getting beat up front. Baylor Bear Offensive line and D Line are not strongly recruited units. 2016 was a big offensive line class because 2014-2015 were thin ones. You see why freshmen are playing.
And how is that not coaching. I'll concede last year was messed up. But damn dude, my little hillbilly ****kickers in the middle of the mountains are better coached than Baylor right now. You can see the terror on Rhule's face on the sidelines and in the pressers. You think players don't see he is in over his head? Dude is so far from jersey he ran out of razors.

Texas ain't jersey!!!!!
xiledinok
bobo said:

xiledinok said:

PartyBear said:

And how is that not coaching. I'll concede last year was messed up. But damn dude, my little hillbilly ****kickers in the middle of the mountains are better coached than Baylor right now. You can see the terror on Rhule's face on the sidelines and in the pressers. You think players don't see he is in over his head? Dude is so far from jersey he ran out of razors.

Texas ain't jersey!!!!!
I don't think they will fire him this season. A disaster continues. The offense is horrible. The talent level up front is too green or sub average at best.
There is chaos like last year on it offense. Rhule has to get a new coordinator next year or face firing after year 2.
Rhule should play Brewer after OU. Rhule fears for his job. You know the heat is on.
Ghostrider1
Rhule will get 3-4 years minimum. We are a dumpster fire and you won't get the coaching interest before CMR
PartyBear
That is among the damage caused by Rhule's breach, it needs to be minimized if this persists through December.

I would love nothing more than to eat crow. I want Rhule to go win 6 or so in a row. But Rhule won't make me eat crow--I'm pretty confident of that unfortunately.
xiledinok
PartyBear said:

That is among the damage caused by Rhule's breach, it needs to be minimized if this persists through December.

I would love nothing more than to eat crow. I want Rhule to go win 6 or so in a row. But Rhule won't make me eat crow--I'm pretty confident of that unfortunately
Coaching...1/2 losers every week. If it was only so easy to fire them on wins and losses, the salaries would be less. I understand your thinking. No breach unless in contract calls for it. You must also hate bowl bonuses.
PartyBear
Bowl bonuses are the opposite of what I'm talking about but related. I assume if there are bowl bonuses based on good years the coach gives up something big for a terrible year or it should be in there that the buyout is significantly reduced if one wins 0 for example in a season.
greatdivide
Breach of contract... thread cracks me up.
OnField6158
There isn't even an argument to be had here.

Unless someone can post a copy of his contract you're all wasting your time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.